The_dip_sticks

Who do I contact?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My understanding is that when you get an InfoPass appointment you are speaking with an actual Immigration Officer, with some authority and more knowledge than the phone line people who know how to check the computer system but are not nearly as well trained or knowledgeable.

Thank you so much every one. I appreciate all the feed back. JessiPooh in regards to your question, no he has no type of record. The only thing that I can think is that he was excluded from entering the usa last time he came to visit me because they told him he was traveling on with the wrong documentation his british VWP . They told him he needed to apply for a visa. I see lots of approvals today so I hope we hear something good.

What is the difference between calling USCIS and making an info pass, and does making an appointment with the info pass help?

Edited by riblet

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: Other Timeline

a denial of entry should have NO affect whatsoever on a petition. They'll ask him about it when he applies for the visa, but it should have nothing to do with the petition. Even if it does, it shouldn't hold it up overly long, he was denied for the fact that he could not show sufficient ties to the UK with a wife in the US. We've pretty much all been thru that.

Also, your date of marriage and submission of petition should have nothing to do with it either. Heck, my hubby and I had been married a couple of years before we submitted anything to USCIS, it never came up.

Fact is, they lose things. Fairly often. Ours was lost for a while too, and my husband called the Senator's immigration liason office (every Senator's office has an immigration liase). They were able to determine that our petition had "been misplaced" and once it was "found" it moved right along.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So would you recommend contacting a senator as opposed to a congressman ( see my other thread)

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did your attorney have any insight into whether or not your husband's heritage could be a factor?

The I-130 involves background and namechecks similar to what is performed during a stateside AOS.

It was alluded to you before that as your husband is a British National of Pakistani origin that he most likely would be subject to Administrative Review.

I wonder if your attorney is of the same opinion as some of our posters in that regard.

Could there be some sort of reason for the hold up in my case?

My wife is 29, of European decent and from South Africa.

Why do you think there is a hold up in your case?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I don't really, unless you are being sarcastic.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

lol, if I was being sarcastic is the answer different?

I sincerely wondered if you felt there was a hold up with your case. You're within processing times, so I guess you realize that your individual case is not being held up, at least not anymore than anyone else. :)

Should I do an info pass? Im scrared that if I do they will just tell me that they are still processing March apprlications.?

No need to be scared of them. :) I've dropped in to the DO a few times with questions--I find the workers pretty nice. And, you can sometimes find out something useful. But, they don't know much about the Service Center workings or trends at the DOs, so don't expect more than what an officer can find in your computer record. Which is, you are within posted processing times, sorry but wait your turn, thank you very much, next!

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dipsticks - they might not be able to tell you anything different - but it might get something moving. I don't think you have any reason to be scared - worst case scenario you waste a little time and are in the same place you are now :)

lol, if I was being sarcastic is the answer different?

I sincerely wondered if you felt there was a hold up with your case. You're within processing times, so I guess you realize that your individual case is not being held up, at least not anymore than anyone else. :)

Should I do an info pass? Im scrared that if I do they will just tell me that they are still processing March apprlications.?

No need to be scared of them. :) I've dropped in to the DO a few times with questions--I find the workers pretty nice. And, you can sometimes find out something useful. But, they don't know much about the Service Center workings or trends at the DOs, so don't expect more than what an officer can find in your computer record. Which is, you are within posted processing times, sorry but wait your turn, thank you very much, next!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Sticks, Hi understand but my 130 took more than 6months, I had no problems with my application but it just took too long, there is no logic.

This process is not a scientific so don't compare yourself with others. Just relax, this happens I know this sucks but some people have to live with it. It is sad that it happens to you and me. Also let me tell you more you think about it or think about doing something it hurts more, just take a break this is a test that people like us has to go through.

Just chill. please I don't want you to suffer.

Remember this process is not fair at all, but there is nothing we can do or sadly it is true for politicians too.

I-130 process:

02/28/06 I130 sent to VSC

03/10/06 NOA 1

06/12/06 Touch (address change)

09/12/06 NOA 2

I-129f Process:

07/23/06 I-129f sent to Chicago

07/31/06 NOA-1

08/16/06 Touch

NVC Process:

Hurry up pls!!!!

09/25/06 DS 3032- Gen

09/26/06 DS 3032 email sent and I-864 fee mailed

09/27/06 DS 3032 accepted

09/28/06 I-864 fee is rec'd by SL

10/03/06 NVC genarates I-864

10/19/06 Rec I-864 ( I waited for orig. form)

10/11/06 IV bill recvd

10/11/06 IV bill sent

10/14/06 IV bill recv by SL

10/23/06 IV bill info in NVC sys (oprator verified)

10/24/06 send I-864

10/28/06 NVC sent DS-230

10/28/06 DS-230 sent to NVC USPS

10/30/06 NVC received DS-230

11/01/06 Massage on NVC line: "Your info packet is received pls allow 6-8 weeks to review".

6-8 weeks #######, I hope it takes less.

Timeline

I wrote my congressman's office and they basically wrote me back telling me what one of the phone reps at the USCIS would say. Was I happy about it? Not really, but hey at least I did something and I know it probably makes my wife feel a little better, as it is hardest for her not knowing what her immediate future holds.

I am fortunate enough to be able to visit her for 6 weeks in JoBurg, so regardless of how long it takes, the time from which we will not have seen each other will be much shorter than if I was not making this trip. Plus I will get to experience Christmas in the summer and instead of Christmas decorations around people's homes, I will get the lovely scenery of growling dogs, razor wire and 10 foot falls around everyone's home and beggars and murderers walking the streets. Not to mention the constant fear of being car hijacked in the middle of the day. :) :) :)

Edited by Libersolis

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Plus I will get to experience Christmas in the summer and instead of Christmas decorations around people's homes, I will get the lovely scenery of growling dogs, razor wire and 10 foot falls around everyone's home and beggars and murderers walking the streets. Not to mention the constant fear of being car hijacked in the middle of the day. :) :) :)

Wow! Libersolis........

You should consider seeking employment with their Chamber of Commerce, you paint such a pretty picture ;) Make sure ya take lotsa pics, ya hear!!!!

Seriously though........enjoy that trip and get in lotsa snuggle time!!!!!

google.gif

Filed: Timeline
I wrote my congressman's office and they basically wrote me back telling me what one of the phone reps at the USCIS would say. Was I happy about it? Not really, but hey at least I did something and I know it probably makes my wife feel a little better, as it is hardest for her not knowing what her immediate future holds.

I am fortunate enough to be able to visit her for 6 weeks in JoBurg, so regardless of how long it takes, the time from which we will not have seen each other will be much shorter than if I was not making this trip. Plus I will get to experience Christmas in the summer and instead of Christmas decorations around people's homes, I will get the lovely scenery of growling dogs, razor wire and 10 foot falls around everyone's home and beggars and murderers walking the streets. Not to mention the constant fear of being car hijacked in the middle of the day. :) :) :)

Hey libersolis thats one heck of an experince.....but any thing to be with our loved ones!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time Im sure being away from all this drama will make things a whole lot better. I cant wait to see my hubby as well. We are going to have our 2nd year anniversary on Dec 31. :dance::dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.