Soulmates513

FBI cannot read fingerprints

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All, Hope everyone's been well. I came to my new life in December and things have been going well. I got married in February and promptly applied for the I-485, I-131 and the I-765. I went for my biometrics at the end of March and just today I received an NOA in the mail. Funny thing is I got 2 of the same thing - nothing on them is different, even the dates so it seems that they were mailed in duplicate by error. Having said that - what I receuved was another appointment notice for biometrics and the reason is as follows: "the FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card. In order for USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints retaken." Now the guy had a terrible time with my prints (I had the same problem with my RCMP check and as well the prints at the interview in Montreal). The guy here tried many times and just kept over-riding the prints because he must have tried 5 times on each finger with not much luck - always getting the 'reject' flag on the screen. I don't know what it is that they can and will do differently?? The NOA states the "case type" as the "I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status".

My question to you folks is: Does this mean that my I-765 (work authorization) and my I-131 (early travel) are both delayed now?? My new biometrics appointment is not until May so I am really hoping that these are not somehow tied to this and will be delayed. I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this or if it would help if I call the phone number listed on my I-765 - if they would be able to tell me something. Thank you all!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, Hope everyone's been well. I came to my new life in December and things have been going well. I got married in February and promptly applied for the I-485, I-131 and the I-765. I went for my biometrics at the end of March and just today I received an NOA in the mail. Funny thing is I got 2 of the same thing - nothing on them is different, even the dates so it seems that they were mailed in duplicate by error. Having said that - what I receuved was another appointment notice for biometrics and the reason is as follows: "the FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card. In order for USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints retaken." Now the guy had a terrible time with my prints (I had the same problem with my RCMP check and as well the prints at the interview in Montreal). The guy here tried many times and just kept over-riding the prints because he must have tried 5 times on each finger with not much luck - always getting the 'reject' flag on the screen. I don't know what it is that they can and will do differently?? The NOA states the "case type" as the "I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status".

My question to you folks is: Does this mean that my I-765 (work authorization) and my I-131 (early travel) are both delayed now?? My new biometrics appointment is not until May so I am really hoping that these are not somehow tied to this and will be delayed. I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this or if it would help if I call the phone number listed on my I-765 - if they would be able to tell me something. Thank you all!!

Can't help with the I-765 questions but when they couldn't take my fingerprints at Montreal, the woman told me to rub my fingertips together and she managed to get a scan. Also you can google the question re fingerprints and get info.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

I had the same trouble with my fingerprints for ROC. I went back a second time, which she said was all they would ask me to do, which is just as well. It's a 3 hour drive for me!

If the second set were no better, I will be sent a notice to go and get a police clearance instead. I'm waiting now for that to happen...I don't think the second set were any better at all.

I don't know for sure how it effects your EAD and AP paperwork, I managed to have readable prints for that, but it seems to me they would need to complete your biometrics in order to process those. I hope someone who knows will come along to say for sure.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the tips everyone :) If anyone has anything else to offer I'd be happy to try them. I just googled and found a few entries of "corn huskers lotion" - to use this the night before and wear cotton gloves while sleeping. It says to wash your hands in the morning but don't rub - pat dry - I think I will pat dry my hands for the next while until I go for my prints retry appt. It seems I can find this at my local Walmart so I'll start using it as a lotion even now to moisturize. It says if the hands are excessively dry the prints will be unreadable. I'm living in desert conditions now so dry is a given. Again...............any more tips would be great. The guy that I had do them was using a wipe whereas in Montreal they had me use sanitizer - this guy kept wiping my fingers and they were still pretty wet when he had me put my finger on the glass. I kept wondering if that was hindering the results as each time I saw "reject" but thought I better not tell this guy how to do his job. He was new to the job though cuz he had a woman who was watching him and guiding him although she didn't seem to help with the fact that my prints weren't good. I wonder why he'd even submit them knowing that the majority were rejects. You'd think they'd know what is going to be acceptable and what's not...........rather than delaying my entire process by 6 more weeks and making me make the trip again to another city for this to be done. I do wash my hands a lot so maybe the day before I will back off. All help is much appreciated because I'd like to get a readable set this time around. Thanks folks!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

From what i understand as everythign is on hold until they can get good fingerprints. Like Pocheros they had to do mine a couple times i have really dry hands, and the Purell gell stuff worked great. it took a few trys but they eventually came out ok.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Thanks for the tips everyone :) If anyone has anything else to offer I'd be happy to try them. I just googled and found a few entries of "corn huskers lotion" - to use this the night before and wear cotton gloves while sleeping. It says to wash your hands in the morning but don't rub - pat dry - I think I will pat dry my hands for the next while until I go for my prints retry appt. It seems I can find this at my local Walmart so I'll start using it as a lotion even now to moisturize. It says if the hands are excessively dry the prints will be unreadable. I'm living in desert conditions now so dry is a given. Again...............any more tips would be great. The guy that I had do them was using a wipe whereas in Montreal they had me use sanitizer - this guy kept wiping my fingers and they were still pretty wet when he had me put my finger on the glass. I kept wondering if that was hindering the results as each time I saw "reject" but thought I better not tell this guy how to do his job. He was new to the job though cuz he had a woman who was watching him and guiding him although she didn't seem to help with the fact that my prints weren't good. I wonder why he'd even submit them knowing that the majority were rejects. You'd think they'd know what is going to be acceptable and what's not...........rather than delaying my entire process by 6 more weeks and making me make the trip again to another city for this to be done. I do wash my hands a lot so maybe the day before I will back off. All help is much appreciated because I'd like to get a readable set this time around. Thanks folks!! :)

When I googled this to see what information was on the WWW, somebody had written about sweaty hands and that doesn't produce good prints so sounds like if your hands were wet it didn't help.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

I tried the Corn Husker's as well. The thread on VJ that I read said to use it a few times a day, and then the night before with the gloves. I do think it helped, the first time I had 7 rejected, but the second attempt only 2 or 3 were. It isn't expensive either. I looked into the synthetic ridge builder some people swore by, but that was pricey, and I wouldn't have got in time.

I tried the Corn Husker's as well. The thread on VJ that I read said to use it a few times a day, and then the night before with the gloves. I do think it helped, the first time I had 7 rejected, but the second attempt only 2 or 3 were. It isn't expensive either. I looked into the synthetic ridge builder some people swore by, but that was pricey, and I wouldn't have got in time.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

When I googled this to see what information was on the WWW, somebody had written about sweaty hands and that doesn't produce good prints so sounds like if your hands were wet it didn't help.

Yeah. I had this problem for both my Police record prints and the ones in Montreal. My hands get all clammy when Im nervous. They did eventually get some good ones, looks like I will have fun when I apply for removal of conditions this summer.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I did my Biometrics for some reason my fingerprints were only forwarded to the office that issues EAD and not the office that issues the GC. My green card didn't come until almost 3 months after I did my biometrics.

So to answer your question you will not be issued your EAD and/or green card until your biometrics are complete. BUT they can be approved while they are just waiting for your biometrics, your card just won't be issued until they get them. I would start looking for a job now or at the very least put your resume on some job sites, register at a temp agency etc. You can't start working until you get your card, but if you are considering applying for EI from Canada they will go by the date that is on your card for the date that your benefits start. In my case the date on my EAD card was 7 weeks before I had my biometrics appt (my ASC was very backed up at the time I was doing AOS so it took forever to get an appt). Had I started a preliminary job search (and could prove to EI that I had been looking for work) they would have backdated my claim to the date on my EAD card and I would have been back paid to that date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.