Marie & Dan

Looking for french

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am looking for french people, who are, like me, in a k1 visa process.

It would be pleasant to have someone to talk about it.

The process just started and I am waiting for the NOA1.

I am going to live next to Boston.

Have a nice evening/night guys

Marie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys! I talk with few french-american couples that are at various steps of the K-1. I almost finished my process (waiting to receive the visa). If you need help or have some questions, I will be glad to help you.

I invite you to come to the French-american couples topic. We can speak french there. :P

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Thanks a lot. I wish you the same!

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Happy to answer questions. Michele is from near Lille and we live in KY.

Bonne chance.

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, I'm in the same situation. My name is Justine and I'm from Nîmes and my fiance from NYC. We got the NOA2 two weeks ago, and waiting for the next step. I am actually not sure what the next step is gonna be! lol just waiting....

Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

Justine, look at those links:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

Get ready to have all the documents needed for the interview so as soon as you receive the packet 3, you can "send it back" (there's a form where you attest you have all the documents ready and that you're ready for an interview) so, you don't lose any more time.

To see at which stage you're at: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

PM me if you have more questions. ;)

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Justine, look at those links:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

Get ready to have all the documents needed for the interview so as soon as you receive the packet 3, you can "send it back" (there's a form where you attest you have all the documents ready and that you're ready for an interview) so, you don't lose any more time.

To see at which stage you're at: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

PM me if you have more questions. ;)

Thank you so much for the link didopage! J'ai déjà quelques un des documents. J'ai 2 questions par rapport à ça: Les 2 photos, elles sont apparemment carré (j'ai vu que c'était 5x5cm, ce n'est donc pas les photos des passeports, on les fait donc faire chez un photographe? Et deuxième question concernant les formulaires DS-2001 Notification of Applicant Readiness et DS-230 Part I, peut on les télécharger quelque part pour les remplir à l'avance où ils nous sont fournis dans le packet 3, et donc je dois attendre de les recevoir? En tout cas merci beaucoup pour l'aide, et dsl pour toutes les questions...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

WELCOME Marie!!!

We applied for the K1 last January and now waiting for NOA2... Process is long and hard... it's good to have somebody to talk to and who understands how you feel :P

My fiance lives near Washington DC.

I need to talk or anything, feel free :)

Jeanne

Timeline

Thank you so much for the link didopage! J'ai déjà quelques un des documents. J'ai 2 questions par rapport à ça: Les 2 photos, elles sont apparemment carré (j'ai vu que c'était 5x5cm, ce n'est donc pas les photos des passeports, on les fait donc faire chez un photographe? Et deuxième question concernant les formulaires DS-2001 Notification of Applicant Readiness et DS-230 Part I, peut on les télécharger quelque part pour les remplir à l'avance où ils nous sont fournis dans le packet 3, et donc je dois attendre de les recevoir? En tout cas merci beaucoup pour l'aide, et dsl pour toutes les questions...

I PM you because it's english speaking only here.

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

hello from another french and good luck to all of you guys for the process. It's so stressful it's always good to have people to talk to when you are going throught the same things. Feel free to email me anytime i'll be glad to chat with you, didopage helped me too (thanks :)) before i send i129f, there's so much to do and to think about that you are always worried to forget something. My fiancé lives in Portland,Oregon, we did sent the first package 2 weeks ago and already got Noa1 :) yeah now let's hope no rfe and soon to be together.

xo

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

:wow: Bon je pense qu'on peut parler français alors mdr, donc DESOLEE j'ai jamais vu de notifications de vos reponses et j'avais meme carrément oublié que j'avais posté ce sujet!!!! je sais, c'est bête! :wacko: Yen a certains que j'ai déja contacté ici!

Bonne chance à vous tous!!! :star:

Timeline

WELCOME Marie!!!

We applied for the K1 last January and now waiting for NOA2... Process is long and hard... it's good to have somebody to talk to and who understands how you feel :P

My fiance lives near Washington DC.

I need to talk or anything, feel free :)

Jeanne

Désolée de pas avoir répondu plus tôt! Alors vous je regarde toujours votre timeline pour avoir une idée des choses qui se déroulent! Merci (oui je prefere parler français avec mes compatriotes mdr!)

Timeline

hello from another french and good luck to all of you guys for the process. It's so stressful it's always good to have people to talk to when you are going throught the same things. Feel free to email me anytime i'll be glad to chat with you, didopage helped me too (thanks :)) before i send i129f, there's so much to do and to think about that you are always worried to forget something. My fiancé lives in Portland,Oregon, we did sent the first package 2 weeks ago and already got Noa1 :) yeah now let's hope no rfe and soon to be together.

xo

On a applied presque en meme temps! moi j'ai eu le NOA1 le 12 avril! sauf que je suis au Vermont Service Center. Désolée de ma réponse tardive! Bonne chance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.