confusedasheck

Marriage application in Vietnam invalid?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had my paperwork for marriage done at King Solomon Multi-services agency in Houston. I had the mental exam done by them as well. I sent everything to Vietnam and it arrived fine. However, how my fiancee is saying that the paperwork is not valid. She claims the form is old and the mental health is not accepted. I think this is garbage.

We hired a services guy to do the paperwork that is needed. I am not sure if she was told this by the services guy or the government. I don't think she went to the government yet and the services guy told her this. I won't know until I talk to her later to clarify this.

But assuming it is the government, I don't see why anything would be invalid considering this agency deals with the Vietnamese embassy all the time. Any suggestions about what to do if it is the government and the services guy didn't bribe them?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
But assuming it is the government, I don't see why anything would be invalid considering this agency deals with the Vietnamese embassy all the time. Any suggestions about what to do if it is the government and the services guy didn't bribe them?

In my experience, the folks at the "So Tu Phap" in VN will try to find fault with every single document they can, as they want to be bribed. The fact that your application was vetted by the VN Embassy in the US does not matter, because the Embassy folks did not share any of the application fees with the guys in VN. Please keep us posted.

I find it strange that the VN Embassy in Washington DC will not "authenticate" a marriage application if the medical/mental exam form is missing, yet it is common knowledge that the mental exam has to done (or redone) in VN. Has any of you been successful in submitting an application to the Embassy without the medical exam form?

Edited by phil09

Timeline

In my experience, the folks at the "So Tu Phap" in VN will try to find fault with every single document they can, as they want to be bribed. The fact that your application was vetted by the VN Embassy in the US does not matter, because the Embassy folks did not share any of the application fees with the guys in VN. Please keep us posted.

I find it strange that the VN Embassy in Washington DC will not "authenticate" a marriage application if the medical/mental exam form is missing, yet it is common knowledge that the mental exam has to done (or redone) in VN. Has any of you been successful in submitting an application to the Embassy without the medical exam form?

From what I remember the VN embassy just vetts the secretary of states seals and nothing about the mental exam

Filed: Timeline

From what I remember the VN embassy just vetts the secretary of states seals and nothing about the mental exam

Correct, the embassy just confirms that the Secretary of States signature and seal is authentic. They will also translate documents into Vietnamese. But they don't verify the authenticity of any of the other documents besides the secretary of states letter. STP can be very picky. There are services in Vietnam that can help with the paperwork and act as the middle man.

Edited by Dan_P

Timeline

OK.... I think I am screwed either way. We had agreed to use a services guy to help with the forms. However, she ended up not liking the guy we hired and, without telling me, she went to try to submit the marriage application by herself without giving the Justice Department any coffee money. So that is probably why it got rejected.

The Justice department claims that the application form is not the 2010 version, so they won't accept it. They rejected the mental health form because the hospital is not a public hospital and is a private hospital. I'm not aware that we have public hospitals in the USA.

I know Viet women are stubborn, but this is beyond ridiculous.

There are public hospitals in the US. Just google your city and public hospitals and something should hopefully come up. If you still cannot find one, let us know where you live, and I will try to find one for you. What your wife did just cost you a lot more money, but still can be overcome. They are very picky about their rules, particularly if there isn't an "incentive " for them. A good dich vu will help things go a lot smoother. She can still do it herself, but you have to do the proper research first.

Another thing not particularly related to your legal problems, but if your wife makes major decisions on her own without consulting you, then expect the same in the future.

I had my paperwork for marriage done at King Solomon Multi-services agency in Houston. I had the mental exam done by them as well. I sent everything to Vietnam and it arrived fine. However, how my fiancee is saying that the paperwork is not valid. She claims the form is old and the mental health is not accepted. I think this is garbage.

We hired a services guy to do the paperwork that is needed. I am not sure if she was told this by the services guy or the government. I don't think she went to the government yet and the services guy told her this. I won't know until I talk to her later to clarify this.

Mental exam only valid for VN if a doctor has he/she own private clinic; And at the same time he/she has to work for a puplic hospital. I had done my back on 2008 in US with A doctor ($60), and I had to re-exam in VN before I would able to marriage my wife for our marriage certicate.

Good luck.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

Another thing not particularly related to your legal problems, but if your wife makes major decisions on her own without consulting you, then expect the same in the future.

I was thinking the same thing, but after talking to her again, I realized I misunderstood what she did. After a little more questioning, she did not actually turn in the application. What she did was go to the information booth that is just outside the Justice Department in HCMC (where you get a lot of the forms) to ask the guy if our paperwork was OK before turning it in.

The part about the application form being out of date and the medical being invalid came from the information guy at the Justice Department, not anybody who actually received the application.

Those guys are trying to get some coffee money out of you... I got my mental test done in Houston at King Soloman also and those papers worked fine for me in Dong Nai. Maybe you need help from a dich vu place to grease the wheels.

Edit oops I seen it's been suggested...

Edited by Dai_Tx
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Well, that is good to hear. Those guys will say just about anything to get you to need their help. Don't pay too much attention. Just go with a good dich vu.

I was thinking the same thing, but after talking to her again, I realized I misunderstood what she did. After a little more questioning, she did not actually turn in the application. What she did was go to the information booth that is just outside the Justice Department in HCMC (where you get a lot of the forms) to ask the guy if our paperwork was OK before turning it in.

The part about the application form being out of date and the medical being invalid came from the information guy at the Justice Department, not anybody who actually received the application.

Timeline

king soloman works though. I used them twice, once for my wife and 2nd time for them to do the paperwork for my mother-in-law.

This is the first I have heard of this. All my years here and anytime I heard of anyone having the Mental done here in the states they were made to take it again in VN. I have learned something.

This is the first I have heard of this. All my years here and anytime I heard of anyone having the Mental done here in the states they were made to take it again in VN. I have learned something.

I had the mental done in with my personal doctor...we did a physical and he went ahead and signed it...we had no problems in vietnam

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.