robert&thuong

Submit ducument while case under AP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would like to know, is it a good idea to submit more evidence while the case still under AP? The reason the case under AP, due to the consulate had suspicious for something. By submitting more evidence, would it hurt, delay or help the case? Any takes on this subject and thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would like to know, is it a good idea to submit more evidence while the case still under AP? The reason the case under AP, due to the consulate had suspicious for something. By submitting more evidence, would it hurt, delay or help the case? Any takes on this subject and thanks.

If they didn't request it... Don't submit it... If they send you a request for evidence then send only what they are asking for. Otherwise you can complicate your case further.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

I completely agree with EAbbas....never send in anything without them having requested it or it will absolutely complicate and prolong things. AP stinks but the reality is, it will take time for them to filter through the info they have and make a decision. This could be very quickly, or it could go on for months....as many people have and are experiencing. The best thing to do is be as patient as possible (although we know that is out of the question) and pray that the process is over sooner than later.

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since I was in AP at HCMC for quite some time, I submitted extra evidence one time. I would submit anything that could potentially address the issue they have. It will not be a quick fix, but it can help. It is said the additional docs can cause additional delay... How long have you been in AP? have they done the middle of the night phone call Q&A yet? any investigators come to the SO's house checking out the relationship?

What did they ask for in the first blue slip?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

ScottThuy

I am on AP since 1/18/2012. My wife has not received any phone calls in days or nights, or as far as I know my wife told me that she has not seen anyone at this point.

The blue slip said: " we can not issued visa for you at this time. you do not need further documents. when we have finished the case we will contact you".

since then we received 2 emails from consulate said the same things. the beneficiary's file is pending review by a consulate officer. due to large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair applicants, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. by us law and regulations.

our office will nofify the benficiary by mail once the review is completed. Thanks every once advice.

Timeline

Since I was in AP at HCMC for quite some time, I submitted extra evidence one time. I would submit anything that could potentially address the issue they have. It will not be a quick fix, but it can help. It is said the additional docs can cause additional delay... How long have you been in AP? have they done the middle of the night phone call Q&A yet? any investigators come to the SO's house checking out the relationship?

What did they ask for in the first blue slip?

ScottThuy

I am on AP since 1/18/2012. My wife has not received any phone calls in days or nights, or as far as I know my wife told me that she has not seen anyone at this point.

The blue slip said: " we can not issued visa for you at this time. you do not need further documents. when we have finished the case we will contact you".

since then we received 2 emails from consulate said the same things. the beneficiary's file is pending review by a consulate officer. due to large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair applicants, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. by us law and regulations.

our office will nofify the benficiary by mail once the review is completed.

Timeline

Its in AP and you should have your senator or congressman check the status for you but in the scheme of things it hasn't been in AP long... What do you think caused the AP? Red flags ? Recent divorce? Previous filing? Short relationship? Few visits? introduced by friend or relative? Most of the time there is little that can be done aside from wait.. extra docs will only help in some cases where docuemhtation may resolve an issue... it all depends on why they think something funny is going on...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Its in AP and you should have your senator or congressman check the status for you but in the scheme of things it hasn't been in AP long... What do you think caused the AP? Red flags ? Recent divorce? Previous filing? Short relationship? Few visits? introduced by friend or relative? Most of the time there is little that can be done aside from wait.. extra docs will only help in some cases where docuemhtation may resolve an issue... it all depends on why they think something funny is going on...

ScottThuy

I am 58 yrs old petitioner usc and my wife (Vietnamese) is 47 yrs old, benificiary. I divorced 3 times, last time was 21 years ago. I married all us citizens women. I went to Vietnam 5 times. My wife she divorced her ex-husband 10 yrs ago. Do you see any red flags here?

A few things could be red flags: common language. I speak english and do not speak vietnamese, my wife speaks english little. But we can communicate okey. Also her first interview with consulate, 11/2008, the case was sent back to US and intent to revolk, because the common language.

secondly, OC might still believed that my wife and ex-husband in contact with each other. The truth is she has not seen in the divorce court. Anything that you might think of to clarify this issue? Also Can lawyer there have her ex-husband (behalfs himself) write an affidavit and sign it and submit to the consulate? Advice please

lastly, it could be my age too, but i have seen people little older than me, they have no trouble at all.

Regarding, senator. I went to her office, she mailed to the consulate, got the response back: saying that the consulate officer interviewed my on 12/15/2011. Submitted additional documents on 1/15/2012. The case was reviewed on 1/18/2012. However the case was required further review. Due to large number of applicants need to be reviewed, can not view out of sequence.

My lawyer just got a response from consute 4/6/2012 again. It basecly said the same thing as first response. Please give me ideas what could red flags thanks.

Timeline

The fact that they were already going to send it back IMO is the hurdle they have to get over... they will not respond any differently unless there is something that has changed.. they will send the same canned response... I wouldn't be surprised if they did to you guys what they did to seattlerain last week.. having his SO give them the email PW so they could check the correspondence... Age isn't a big deal and the length of time since divorces seems good.. the number of divorces could be an issue..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

How it was the first time when they sent case back? There was 221G slip given and it was what they call AP before they made that time decision? Actually if someone had any type of AP before will have it again when going to get visa to them next time...even if both sides are perfect and everything fine. Even for tourist/business visa same, who once had any check, will get it again each time, kind of "black label" given.

Edited by Awiz

Timeline

IMO if either person or a case has been in AP, then expect AP again.. We were in AP @ NVC and then again @ HCMC...

Timeline

The fact that they were already going to send it back IMO is the hurdle they have to get over... they will not respond any differently unless there is something that has changed.. they will send the same canned response... I wouldn't be surprised if they did to you guys what they did to seattlerain last week.. having his SO give them the email PW so they could check the correspondence... Age isn't a big deal and the length of time since divorces seems good.. the number of divorces could be an issue..

Since you think number of divorces could be ann issue, there is/are ways to clearify this issue. Also you mentioned seatllerrain situation, his case is in the same boat as me. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.