benzman

what should i and my wife do after the I-130 approval?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello,

i am new to this forum which is by the way very useful

I want just some clarifiaction concerning the processe after the approval of I-130

i am LPR applying for my wife.my proirity date is September 16.2011

i wanna know what should i do as LPR here in USA after the approval and what should my wife do also to file as documents,i don't know what should be done to make every thing ready for NVC processe

by the way i am still waiting for my approval,it is now 6.5 month

thank you so much my friends,i really need you answers

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello,

i am new to this forum which is by the way very useful

I want just some clarifiaction concerning the processe after the approval of I-130

i am LPR applying for my wife.my proirity date is September 16.2011

i wanna know what should i do as LPR here in USA after the approval and what should my wife do also to file as documents,i don't know what should be done to make every thing ready for NVC processe

by the way i am still waiting for my approval,it is now 6.5 month

thank you so much my friends,i really need you answers

Nothing to do until her Priority Date becomes current. The current PD for F2a (LPR petitioning a spouse) is October 8, 2009. So, it will be another 2 years before your wife's PD becomes current. Be patience and wait.

Nothing to do until her Priority Date becomes current. The current PD for F2a (LPR petitioning a spouse) is October 8, 2009. So, it will be another 2 years before your wife's PD becomes current. Be patience and wait.

thank you for your answer,i know it is too long,

but i am asking after the approval what documents should NVC ask from me and which one ask from my wife just during the NVC processe

thank you so much

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

thank you for your answer,i know it is too long,

but i am asking after the approval what documents should NVC ask from me and which one ask from my wife just during the NVC processe

thank you so much

Look here; http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/nvc/nvc_1335.html

This are the instructions for the next step when your wife's PD becomes current; I-864 Affidavit of Support & DS-230 Immigrant Visa application. The instructions include the supporting documents you and your wife will need to provide. Some you can get now; birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. Some you need to wait to get; police report.

Look here; http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/nvc/nvc_1335.html

This are the instructions for the next step when your wife's PD becomes current; I-864 Affidavit of Support & DS-230 Immigrant Visa application. The instructions include the supporting documents you and your wife will need to provide. Some you can get now; birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. Some you need to wait to get; police report.

thank you my friend for your answer

may be i don't explain to you so well,with all my respect to you i am asking about the NVC process,i am not talking about when my wife's priority date,beacuse as far as i know after the approval of I-130 the NVC will ask me to send them some documents concerning I-864 Affidavit of Support & DS-230 ,but what they will ask from my wife whoe is outside USA ??

i am asking in order to prepare my self in advance and inform my wife befor they ask her some documents

i hope this time i make it cleare for you and sorry for any inconvenience

thank you

thank you my friend for your answer

may be i don't explain to you so well,with all my respect to you i am asking about the NVC process,i am not talking about when my wife's priority date,beacuse as far as i know after the approval of I-130 the NVC will ask me to send them some documents concerning I-864 Affidavit of Support & DS-230 ,but what they will ask from my wife whoe is outside USA ??

i am asking in order to prepare my self in advance and inform my wife befor they ask her some documents

i hope this time i make it cleare for you and sorry for any inconvenience

thank you

any help please ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I am also starting to look into this. Aaron's link is helpful, and in addition, I found this: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut. It's a few years old now, but I've seen other VJ members mentioning it here fairly recently, so I am hoping the information is not outdated. You may also want to spend some time reading the threads in the NVC forum here.

If anyone has any other tips, I would also love to hear them!

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The NVC just will require your wife some documents at the appropriate point in the visa application process, before that she doesn't have to submit anything!!!!!

NVC will require the DS-230, plus she must submit original documents or certificate copies of her birth Certificate and the kid's birth certificate, if it's the case, marriage certificate, copy of her passport (biographic data page)police certificate,two pictures style pass, previous divorce decree(if you or her got divorced before)if you submitted everything already you have just to wait , nothing else, and they will ask you to submit the I-864 as well.

Edited by sandranj

The NVC just will require your wife some documents at the appropriate point in the visa application process, before that she doesn't have to submit anything!!!!!

NVC will require the DS-230, plus she must submit original documents or certificate copies of her birth Certificate and the kid's birth certificate, if it's the case, marriage certificate, copy of her passport (biographic data page)police certificate,two pictures style pass, previous divorce decree(if you or her got divorced before)if you submitted everything already you have just to wait , nothing else, and they will ask you to submit the I-864 as well.

thank you my friend for you answer,and i hope they will ask us to send them again original marriage certificate,because i already send that to them with I-130 form,i still have one original copy which is with my wife in her country and she will take this document with her at the time of interview,is that correct ?

thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.