Ryan H

NVC Filers - April 2012

5,565 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife had the interview yesterday but did not get approved. She got a OF-194 form stating that I needed to send them 2012 Federal Tax return.

I sent it to to the embasssy in Algiers immediately and now we are waiting. I find it odd considering that I sent 3 years worth of IRS transcripts to the NVC with the AOS package.

Does anyone know what it means? How long we have to wait in this situation. Thanks in advance for the help.

My wife had the interview yesterday but did not get approved. She got a OF-194 form stating that I needed to send them 2012 Federal Tax return.

I sent it to to the embasssy in Algiers immediately and now we are waiting. I find it odd considering that I sent 3 years worth of IRS transcripts to the NVC with the AOS package.

Does anyone know what it means? How long we have to wait in this situation. Thanks in advance for the help.

First off, you were asked for 2011 tax information. You only file 2012 tax returns in 2013.

I'm guessing you went through NVC before April 17th, the US tax deadline. And I'm going to guess you only sent NVC 2008, 2009, and 2010 tax information. Any interviews taking place after April 17th, will of course ask for 2011 tax information (if it wasn't already submitted at NVC).

The wait time for AP will always vary by country. You should look at other members from the same country to determine what the average wait time is for this.

First off, you were asked for 2011 tax information. You only file 2012 tax returns in 2013.

I'm guessing you went through NVC before April 17th, the US tax deadline. And I'm going to guess you only sent NVC 2008, 2009, and 2010 tax information. Any interviews taking place after April 17th, will of course ask for 2011 tax information (if it wasn't already submitted at NVC).

The wait time for AP will always vary by country. You should look at other members from the same country to determine what the average wait time is for this.

Yes to all the above. Unfortunately there aren't that many members from the same country to go by.

Thank you saylin for the quick response.

Yes to all the above. Unfortunately there aren't that many members from the same country to go by.

Thank you saylin for the quick response.

Yeah, when there's few members from the same country, it makes things hard for judging time frames. But, since in your case, it's just for missing documents (and not because they doubt your relationship or anything), then it probably shouldn't take that long. But, this is just an opinion, not fact.

Yeah, when there's few members from the same country, it makes things hard for judging time frames. But, since in your case, it's just for missing documents (and not because they doubt your relationship or anything), then it probably shouldn't take that long. But, this is just an opinion, not fact.

I hope we hear from them soon. We are a little worried. Do they always issue the OF-194 (Refusal Worksheet) even for a missing document?

I hope we hear from them soon. We are a little worried. Do they always issue the OF-194 (Refusal Worksheet) even for a missing document?

Well, they're refusing you until the missing documents are submitted. Once those are submitted, they'll review everything and if everything is fine, approve the visa.

In the interview letter package? Yes. If you want to see what it looks like, you can check out screenshots of mine: http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/smurf47/Immigration/NVC%20interview%20email/ Yours will look a bit different when it comes to what's needed at the interview. But you'll get a gist of what to expect.

I meant instruction package haha! hope I didn't confuse anyone... checked the link you sent me and now I can't wait for get mine. Thanks Saylin! :-)

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

I meant instruction package haha! hope I didn't confuse anyone... checked the link you sent me and now I can't wait for get mine. Thanks Saylin! :-)

The instruction package (if you're referring to the one on the timeline) is actually the DS-230 instructions. So your interview letter wouldn't be in that. It's sent in the interview letter package, also called Packet 4 on the timeline.

The instruction package (if you're referring to the one on the timeline) is actually the DS-230 instructions. So your interview letter wouldn't be in that. It's sent in the interview letter package, also called Packet 4 on the timeline.

Got it. I think I must've interchanged instruction package with the packet 4. Now I'm off to research about packet 3 because I thought packet 3 is actually the ds3032 package.

Got it. I think I must've interchanged instruction package with the packet 4. Now I'm off to research about packet 3 because I thought packet 3 is actually the ds3032 package.

Packet 3 is actually for K1 visa applicants. Nothing to do with IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Quick question.

I received an email asking me to pay the $88 fee. I just paid it. Do I wait to pay the other one? Also do I need to wait for the payment to be processed in order to print the barcode and send it to the NVC?

2011/04/22 got married

2011/09/10 Mailed I-130

2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail

2011/09/14 Priority date on letter

2012/04/06 Received NOA2 text/email(thank god!!)

2012/04/23 Received by NVC

2012/05/09 Case # assigned

2012/05/10 AOS Fee Paid

2012/05/11 AOS Packet sent

2012/05/15 DS3032 email accepted

2012/05/15 IV bill generated

2012/05/15 IV bill paid

2012/05/17 IV Packet sent

2012/05/21 IV AOS Packet received & processed

Quick question.

I received an email asking me to pay the $88 fee. I just paid it. Do I wait to pay the other one? Also do I need to wait for the payment to be processed in order to print the barcode and send it to the NVC?

The fee you paid is for the AOS package. So, you can print out the bar-code for that and attach it to your AOS package. But wait until the AOS bill appears as PAID in the payment portal before mailing it off, in case there's any issues.

As for the IV bill, it only gets invoiced after the DS-3032 has been sent in and accepted. When did you send yours in?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The fee you paid is for the AOS package. So, you can print out the bar-code for that and attach it to your AOS package. But wait until the AOS bill appears as PAID in the payment portal before mailing it off, in case there's any issues.

As for the IV bill, it only gets invoiced after the DS-3032 has been sent in and accepted. When did you send yours in?

Ok will wait for the AOS status to be paid.

I emailed the DS-3032 yesterday....

2011/04/22 got married

2011/09/10 Mailed I-130

2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail

2011/09/14 Priority date on letter

2012/04/06 Received NOA2 text/email(thank god!!)

2012/04/23 Received by NVC

2012/05/09 Case # assigned

2012/05/10 AOS Fee Paid

2012/05/11 AOS Packet sent

2012/05/15 DS3032 email accepted

2012/05/15 IV bill generated

2012/05/15 IV bill paid

2012/05/17 IV Packet sent

2012/05/21 IV AOS Packet received & processed

Ok will wait for the AOS status to be paid.

I emailed the DS-3032 yesterday....

It'll still be a couple days for them to accept the DS-3032 then. Just keep an eye on your email ;)

Packet 3 is actually for K1 visa applicants. Nothing to do with IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants.

Oh that explains why...

Anyway, so happy got an email today from NVC saying they accepted my DS3032! :-) Yey! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.