Charles' Angel

Proof of fiance relationship - emails, etc.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I made copies of e-mails and letters and I blacked out certain information in them. Had no problems about doing this.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I made copies of e-mails and letters and I blacked out certain information in them. Had no problems about doing this.

Did they actually ask to read them? (I just re-read your topic about the interview and couldn't find the information there). If not, there's no way we can really tell it'd be a problem. I too - despite my advice telling otherwise - have blacked out some excerpts. But then again, the consular officer only asked to see pictures.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

Charles' Angel,

I would not submit evidence that I felt the need to hide information on. What an invitation to questions! If you've got 4,000 pages surely you can find a few that you feel comfortable submitting without alteration?

Yodrak

Does anyone know for sure whether or not we can "black out" personal information in the emails, chat logs, etc. we provide for proof of fiance relationship? I have heard both yes and no. I am just printing out all of our emails, chat logs, etc. and I have over 4000 sheets of paper here to sift through! Does anyone know if it is overkill to print out every single piece of communication? I don't want to have my fiance submit like 10 notebooks of proof if we really don't need to. I also would hate to black stuff out and then get "in trouble" for doing so. If anyone has any experience or information regarding the above I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I mean it has almost been a year and we communicate every single day so that is a lot of proof. We also are trying to send letters to each other but because of the mail system in his country we rarely get each others mail - will that hurt us or do you think they will take the mail system into consideration? I can't wait for all of this to be over and have my man home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Charles' Angel,

I would not submit evidence that I felt the need to hide information on. What an invitation to questions! If you've got 4,000 pages surely you can find a few that you feel comfortable submitting without alteration?

Yodrak

Does anyone know for sure whether or not we can "black out" personal information in the emails, chat logs, etc. we provide for proof of fiance relationship? I have heard both yes and no. I am just printing out all of our emails, chat logs, etc. and I have over 4000 sheets of paper here to sift through! Does anyone know if it is overkill to print out every single piece of communication? I don't want to have my fiance submit like 10 notebooks of proof if we really don't need to. I also would hate to black stuff out and then get "in trouble" for doing so. If anyone has any experience or information regarding the above I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I mean it has almost been a year and we communicate every single day so that is a lot of proof. We also are trying to send letters to each other but because of the mail system in his country we rarely get each others mail - will that hurt us or do you think they will take the mail system into consideration? I can't wait for all of this to be over and have my man home with me.

That is why I asked and I am so grateful for the responses from everyone. Like I said, I really don't want other people reading our more intimate mails to each other but believe me I have a vast amount of emails to sift through that will be perfectly appropriate for providing proof. I just wish the proces would be faster. I always laugh at people when they ask us when are we getting married because my response is always - well I will have the date once we are approved! I already set a date once and that has come and gone - LOL!

I-129F K1 Fiancée Visa at CSC

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

4/28/06 ~ Visited the love of my life! (The best 2+ weeks of my entire life!)

5/13/06 ~ Had to leave to the US without my love - (no way to describe the pain I felt)

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

8/14/06 ~ Touched (response to email I sent stating 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days)

8/16/06 ~ Touched (email stating letter responding to email was sent) - (after 30 days - still no letter - called USCIS to inform them - they will do inquiry)

9/21/06 ~ Touched (email stating that RFE was mailed to me on 9/20/06 - YES!)

9/25/06 ~ RFE received!!!!!!!!!!

9/26/06 ~ Mailed RFE back to CSC

10/2/06 ~ CSC received RFE

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/9/06 ~ Rec'd letter re: inquiry I made 8/14/06-just said I-129F is being reviewed and RFE rec'd by CSC

10/17/06 ~ NOA2 (Touched)

10/19/06 ~ Touched

10/27/06 ~ (Rec'd notice via email on 10/27/06 that NOA2 was 10/17/06 - should be in the mail!) Thank you Lord!

10/30/06 ~ Rec'd NOA2 in mail

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

11/6/06 ~ NVC assigned new case # and sent to Lagos Consulate

11/11/06 ~ Rec'd NVC letter in mail

11/13/06 ~ Charles went to embassy - got Pkts 3 & 4

****Awaiting interview date set for 2/7/2007****

2/7/07 ~ APPROVED!!!! MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!!

2/13/07 ~ Picked up visa at Embassy

2/21/07 ~ My baby and I are on our way home together!!!

2/22/07 ~ We are finally home in the US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.