Brandon+Roslyn

CRBA and Passport for baby

11 posts in this topic

Hey peoples,

This is my first topic so here it goes... My wife(applicant) and I(petitioner) are here in Manila because we came to do the SLEC medical exam and PLANNED on having her CR-1 visa interview. On the second day of the exam they told she had to undergo the sputum test due to a scar in her x-ray. She just finished the 3 days today and the results were negative, so know we have to wait the 8 weeks for the cultures. There's more! My wife is 7 months pregnant, with a due date of June 1st. The 8 week mark for her sputum test is May 28th. I know that her visa (assuming she gets approved) is good for 6 months after issuance. The nurse at SLEC told her that she will have to be in the states by August 20th or something like that which would mean that her visa will only be good up to 6 months from the first day of her medical exam.. if that makes any sense. So heres my real dilemma, my daughter is supposed to enter the world on June 1st, 2012. So basically I have to get my wife to her interview immediately after delivery, get her approved, THEN, my daughter needs to get a CRBA and a passport so that we can all leave together BEFORE August 20-whatever-th.. and yes i know that she there is a chance she may get a positive result on the sputum but this is all assuming that she gets a negative on the sputum and her visa gets approved. I just need info on all the stuff below. Ive read everything i can find on the embassy website and travel.state.gov website and every other website i could find. None of them could really answer my questions, this is my last resort.. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

1. Should her visa expire 6 months from the date of issuance, or, 6 months from the original medical exam date?

2. Does anyone have recent experience with the CRBA and getting a passport for a newborn baby, as far as TIMEFRAME for receiving the actual documentation from the date of the interview?

3. Is it even possible to get an NSO birth certificate within a reasonable amount of time, like 1 month or even less? (this is my main cause for concern)

4. If whats listed above doesnt seem possible, does anyone have any suggestions about anything else i might be able to do without having to reapply for my wifes visa or doing the medical exam AGAIN and having to do the sputum AGAIN.

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

March 12, 2011 - Begin texting back and forth daily.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

June 23, 2011 - Formally propose.

July 23, 2011 - Married in Borongan City.

August 28, 2011 - My daughter is conceived (due on June 1, 2012) :D

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 8, 2012 - Case completed at NVC

March 20, 2012 - First day of med. exam.

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

March 29, 2012 - 3 day sputum test NEGATIVE (culture done on May 28th)

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

June 19, 2012 - Medical Exam Passed!!

June 22, 2012 - CRBA appt. for my baby girl. APPROVED!!! :D

June 26, 2012 - CR1 Visa Interview for my wife. APPROVED!!! :D

July 6, 2012 - Passport and CRBA in hand!

July 12, 2012 - Visa in hand!

July 19, 2012 - POE LAX!!

August 1, 2012 - Green Card Received!

event.png

age.png

Hey peoples,

This is my first topic so here it goes... My wife(applicant) and I(petitioner) are here in Manila because we came to do the SLEC medical exam and PLANNED on having her CR-1 visa interview. On the second day of the exam they told she had to undergo the sputum test due to a scar in her x-ray. She just finished the 3 days today and the results were negative, so know we have to wait the 8 weeks for the cultures. There's more! My wife is 7 months pregnant, with a due date of June 1st. The 8 week mark for her sputum test is May 28th. I know that her visa (assuming she gets approved) is good for 6 months after issuance. The nurse at SLEC told her that she will have to be in the states by August 20th or something like that which would mean that her visa will only be good up to 6 months from the first day of her medical exam.. if that makes any sense. So heres my real dilemma, my daughter is supposed to enter the world on June 1st, 2012. So basically I have to get my wife to her interview immediately after delivery, get her approved, THEN, my daughter needs to get a CRBA and a passport so that we can all leave together BEFORE August 20-whatever-th.. and yes i know that she there is a chance she may get a positive result on the sputum but this is all assuming that she gets a negative on the sputum and her visa gets approved. I just need info on all the stuff below. Ive read everything i can find on the embassy website and travel.state.gov website and every other website i could find. None of them could really answer my questions, this is my last resort.. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

1. Should her visa expire 6 months from the date of issuance, or, 6 months from the original medical exam date?

2. Does anyone have recent experience with the CRBA and getting a passport for a newborn baby, as far as TIMEFRAME for receiving the actual documentation from the date of the interview?

3. Is it even possible to get an NSO birth certificate within a reasonable amount of time, like 1 month or even less? (this is my main cause for concern)

4. If whats listed above doesnt seem possible, does anyone have any suggestions about anything else i might be able to do without having to reapply for my wifes visa or doing the medical exam AGAIN and having to do the sputum AGAIN.

Answers:

1. 6 months from the date the visa is issued.

2.I did my CRBA in 2008 and only took me 10 days from the time of CRBA application to getting my son his US citizenship certificate and US passport.

3.I did had my Authenticated Birth Certficate from NSO in diffrent ways and it all worked for me. It depends on where u live and how far u live from the NSO office.

I did get mine by going personally to the NSO office (but had to travel for hours by bus). I did get my kids through a travel agency which it was for me more comfortable coz it was quiker and hassle free from travelling for hours back and fourth plus the expenses and time( which for me was better to get thru a travel agency).

4. Inquire at the US embassy about visa extension and they will give u depends on how valid the reason is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey peoples,

OMG! I am in the same situation like your wife. I'm 7 months pregnant now and my culture result will be on May 15. The medical will expire by August 15. It's so stressful right!? I hope we can get an interview schedule a day after we get our medical clearance and from there lets pray hard and cross our fingers that we will receive the visa asap. My OBgyne said i can give birth as early as May 22 and as late as June 13. I won't know for sure when will i give birth so i have Plan A and Plan B.

PLAN A:

If i get my medical clearance on May 15, ill try my best to schedule my interview on May 16, if ill be able to receive the visa in a week, ill go right away to CFO and fly the next day, by then im 37 weeks pregnant. Hawaiian Airline will allow me to board til 39 weeks provided my OBGyne will give me a medical clearance that i'm fit to travel.

PLAN B:

If i give birth before i get my visa..

As early as now im preparing the requirements for CRBA. The crucial thing here is the NSO Copy of the birth certificate, I'm trying to contact all my friends working in NSO and ask for their help to expedite the copy. Once i get it, we will aply for CRBA. Lets say i give birth in June and i need to pray hard to finish the CRBA in 1 month or just before the medical expires.

Lets pray harder, we need it!

Goodluck to us!

Edited by maim3

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey peoples,

1. Should her visa expire 6 months from the date of issuance, or, 6 months from the original medical exam date? Date of the MEDICAL , the visa has UP TO a 6 month validity but its limited by the medical.

Answers:

1. 6 months from the date the visa is issued. :no:

2.I did my CRBA in 2008 and only took me 10 days from the time of CRBA application to getting my son his US citizenship certificate and US passport.

3.I did had my Authenticated Birth Certficate from NSO in diffrent ways and it all worked for me. It depends on where u live and how far u live from the NSO office.

I did get mine by going personally to the NSO office (but had to travel for hours by bus). I did get my kids through a travel agency which it was for me more comfortable coz it was quiker and hassle free from travelling for hours back and fourth plus the expenses and time( which for me was better to get thru a travel agency).

4. Inquire at the US embassy about visa extension and they will give u depends on how valid the reason is.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are u sur it expires from the date of the medical ? just wondering coz u havent even got ur visa?

Yes the visa validity is tied to the medical. Too many postings on this forum to not know this one.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Yes the visa validity is tied to the medical. Too many postings on this forum to not know this one.

Hank & Amy is 100% correct on this...

The Visa can have a maximum expiration date of 6 months or the expiration of the Medical which ever is sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

does your wife had any history of TB?

yeah she had it when she was very young, like 5. it was really bad thats why there is a scar on her lung now. she just did the standard 6 months of treatment.

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

event.png

age.png

Answers:

1. 6 months from the date the visa is issued.

yeah I will have to do the same.. i live on Samar and the nearest NSO is tacloban, like 4 hours. 10 days for the CRBA and passportnis a relief though. Thanks!

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

event.png

age.png

Thanks everyone for your help and input. I know its in Gods hands i just like to have a much info as possible. Luckily for us the LCR here is my wifes cousin so she will be able to expidite the birth certificate to the NSO so it should be okay. Really want to get home by august.. Phish just anounced 4 cali shows! :dance:

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

event.png

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.