LagrimasDeAmor

How long to get passport back w/visa after the interview for K1 visa in Lima - Peru?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

For us, our interview was on a Tuesday, DHL had the passport available on Friday. This is only our story and as you know already, times will vary.

Sincerely,

Magnus y Sonia

You should wait for approval at interview before planning travel. You have heard this before.

Suerte a ti!

Magnus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiancee has her visa interview on April 8th. I will let you know when she will be able to pick it up as soon as I know. Her medical was about 10 minutes long. Good luck to you both. Are you going to the interview?

Oppps I mean April 9th

Timeline

Interview on a Wednesday with visa in hand 8 days later.

Flight ticket purchased within 3 hours of interview conclusion and assurance that visa was approved

Flight date is a Monday, 19 days after interview

AeroMexico (2 hr layover in Mexico) one-way Lim-IAH (Houston) for 850U$ including insurance to change the date

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

For me it took 7 working days...

But as you must already heard, if you're making plans just wait until visa is in hand. It could go either way, you could get it fast, or maybe something can come wrong. I knew a girl who realized - after having her passport for like a week - that her Peruvian passport number was wrong, and had to take her visa to get corrected, and almost missed her flight, so be extra careful with flight reservations! :thumbs:

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

For me it took 7 working days...

But as you must already heard, if you're making plans just wait until visa is in hand. It could go either way, you could get it fast, or maybe something can come wrong. I knew a girl who realized - after having her passport for like a week - that her Peruvian passport number was wrong, and had to take her visa to get corrected, and almost missed her flight, so be extra careful with flight reservations! :thumbs:

Yes,

This happened in our case. As soon as I saw my wife's passport/visa, I immediatly saw a mistake (one to many digits in her passport number on visa). We caught it early enough, but it was incovenient. Be sure to look at (double check) your visa please.

Magnus

Timeline

My fiancee has her visa interview on April 8th. I will let you know when she will be able to pick it up as soon as I know. Her medical was about 10 minutes long. Good luck to you both. Are you going to the interview?

Oppps I mean April 9th

AP where did she do her medical at?

Timeline

AP where did she do her medical at?

Lagrimas, you asked me this also, but so sorry I have not had a chance to respond, been out of touch cause of work. His medical is tomorrow at the office with the male doctor, here is the information:

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Address: Clínica Anglo Americana | Av. Alfredo Salazar 350, San Isidro

Telephone: 222-2192, 616-8900 x1450, 1451 & 1458

Office hours: Tuesday & Thursday, from 8:30am to 11:30am; Monday & Friday, from 3:00pm to 5:30pm

Good luck !

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

Timeline

Good Luck, let me know how it goes, costs, when u have to pick up results, etc?. Ours is next week. Yes I am flying there for the interview

You are flying for the interview???!!! thats fantastic !!!! I wish I could, but its ok. We are getting close :) yaaaayyy !!! :dance:

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Any updates to this from people who have gotten their K1 visas from the Lima embassy? My fiance's interview is August 21st. Specifically, I'd really appreciate feedback on 1) how long it took you to get the visa in hand after approval, 2) if you know if it's possible to go back to the embassy to pick up the visa rather than having it sent through DHL (to save time), 3) visa fees, and if they can be paid online rather than at the embassy day of the interview, and finally 4) did anyone send I-134s (affidavits of support) to the service center before the interview, and if so, were they forwarded with the petition to the embassy? Thanks everyone, and best of luck and love for your cases!

Lauren (US) and Eduardo (Peru)

*Feb. 14, 2013 - mailed in I129-F petition (from Peru)
*Feb. 27, 2013 - NOA1 from VSC

*Feb - June, 2013: obsessive checking on case at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

*June 26, 2013 - petition approved and forwarded to Consulate in Peru
*July 16, 2013 - I emailed embassy in Peru, since no word yet
*July 16, 2013 - Received email response from embassy, stating packet has been sent to my fiance in Peru, and his interview date
*July 25, 2013 - Interview packet still not received by fiance in Peru (was finally received Sept. 2nd... jaja)
*Aug. 21, 2013 - Interview date!

*Aug. 26, 2013 - medical exam (earliest date he could get)
*Sept. 1, 2013 - Planned wedding date (fingers and toes crossed!... we know, we're crazy)... not approved in time :(

*Sept. 2, 2013 - Picked up medical exam results (first day available; needed 5 business days + national holiday)

*Sept. 3, 2013 - Hand delivered medical exam results to the embassy; VISA APPROVED!!!!

--- waiting for visa and passport --- (Check DHL here: https://usvisa-info.com/es-pe/selfservice/ss_country_welcome)

*Sept. 14, 2013: Planned wedding date #2...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.