integrity8182

Questions before filing form 751

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear All,

I am a US citizen, and my wife green card 2nd anniversary is on February 25, 2007. I would like to ask a couple questions here. Please assist me on this.

1) We purchased our own home 6 months after my wife got her green card. Do I have to file a change of address concurrently with form I-751 (lift condition application) because the address that we are going to file now is different with what was originally filed?

2) I do understand that more evidences, documents provided to USCIS, would help the office to determine our marriage status. Would it be a good ideas to have a couple pictures that prove places, events that we have been together??

3) Lastly, my wife would be a petitioner to file form 751. Do I have to file any other applications for myself???

Thank you very much!

Having done this (moved) in the interim, I know that you need to file an AR-11 (change of address) and the change of address for I-864 (your affidavit of support) within 10 days of a move. Since you already missed that deadline, I would send it in asap!!!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/ar-11.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-865.pdf

The I-751 is a joint petition, so you'll be making it together....

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-751.pdf

Edited by japau

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you very much for your advice. We thought that it was not necessary or not required to file change of address form since we are already done with the process to apply for green card (I-130, and I-765, etc.) Anyhow, I will promptly file the change of address as advised.

Filed: Timeline
Having done this (moved) in the interim, I know that you need to file an AR-11 (change of address) and the change of address for I-864 (your affidavit of support) within 10 days of a move. Since you already missed that deadline, I would send it in asap!!!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/ar-11.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-865.pdf

The I-751 is a joint petition, so you'll be making it together....

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-751.pdf

Japau, this is a point of further clarification :)

The sponsor has 10 days to report a change of address, only

a. ) if he/she is an LPR

b. ) if the petitioner and beneficiary have a pending petition

c. ) if the sponsor is an alien subject to special registration

Change of address, when no petitions are pending, and if sponsor is an LPR or if alien is subject to special registration

The alien must file an address change within 10 days. A sponsor has 30 days to file an address change, if the sponsor is an US citizen. If the sponsor is an alien, then if I am reading the text correctly, the I-865 has to be supplied within 10 days.

In the past, our predecessor, the INS, required every alien in the United States to report his or her address annually, in January. This requirement was eliminated in 1980 and annual reporting is no longer required. However, if you are not a U.S. citizen, the law still requires that you report any change of address change within 10 days of the change.
All non-U.S. citizens (aliens) who are required to be registered are also required to keep the USCIS informed of their current address. This is particularly important when you have filed an application or petition for a benefit under the Immigration and Nationality Act and expect notification of a decision on that application. In addition, the USCIS may need to contact you to provide other issued documents or return original copies of evidence you submitted. It is also mandatory for any alien who has been designated as a “special registrant” under 8 CFR § 264.1(f)(as amended by 67 Federal Register 52585 (August 12, 2002) to inform the USCIS whenever he or she has a change of address, employment or school.

Change of Address when a petition is pending:

USCIS has created an additional procedure and recommends additional notifications for those aliens who are also applicants for benefits. Applicants and Petitioners with pending cases should telephone customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to report their change of address and get the address on the pending application/petition changed. If you are not a U.S. Citizen you will also be required to complete a Form AR-11. If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have a case pending with USCIS you need to do both - call customer service and complete the Form AR-11. The AR-11 is used by non-U.S. citizens to meet the legal requirements of informing USCIS of any change of address.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.