sumaiyarashid

how to start

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi

I am new in here. I am an Asian and immigrated to USA only two months before .My age is 55 and i used to be a banker in my country.I am really in great need of a job and dont know how to start. I have done my high school and under graduation in India.Should i include them in my CV ?

Can i get a job by using my qualification? What sort of job should i apply?

Please help me guys

Javed Ahmed

Hi

I am new in here. I am an Asian and immigrated to USA only two months before .My age is 55 and i used to be a banker in my country.I am really in great need of a job and dont know how to start. I have done my high school and under graduation in India.Should i include them in my CV ?

Please help me guys

Javed Ahmed

First things first, CVs are not used in the US; you need to see some samples of a resume in any of the job sites (Monster, Dice, etc) and then make your own. Generally, most jobs don't require any special licensing unless in the health industry.

Second, assuming you already have an EAD or GC and are authorized to work. When you say banker, You mean bank associate or bank executive?? You need to define what kind of position you are targetting first; then you can also use job sites and start looking at what kind of requirements are in place for that position.

If you bring some special skill in demand, you would probably find somethign soon, otherwise, the name of the game is persistance. Since you have no prior history in the US, it might be deifficult for anyone trying to check your past work. Maybe you have some written recommendations from your prior job out of the US.

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

Please help me guys

Javed Ahmed

Good advice from G & T. If we are aware of the area/state you're in others might have more suggestions. It can be overwhelming to be looking for a job even if we've been here all our lives. I am in Texas and was shopping this weekend. It was a newly constructed strip mall in far North Tarrant County (outside Fort Worth in I-35W) every shop window had help wanted. I think retail is a good place to start with no U.S. work experience. Don't give up on banking! Do see if you can get letters of recomendation from past employers and have them write in english on their business letterhead (or write it for them?) have them scan in color after reviewing and signing. Good luck to you!

Edited by Joandjo

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good advice from G & T. If we are aware of the area/state you're in others might have more suggestions. It can be overwhelming to be looking for a job even if we've been here all our lives. I am in Texas and was shopping this weekend. It was a newly constructed strip mall in far North Tarrant County (outside Fort Worth in I-35W) every shop window had help wanted. I think retail is a good place to start with no U.S. work experience. Don't give up on banking! Do see if you can get letters of recomendation from past employers and have them write in english on their business letterhead (or write it for them?) have them scan in color after reviewing and signing. Good luck to you!

thank a lot Joandjo for your post.I live in fower mound ,texas.Can you please give me the name of the strip mall you are telling about.I think i will give retail a try as i am in an urgent need of a job.Do you live in texas also?

then you must know about the job market in here.Can you give me an idea about where should i apply and how?

My daughter wants to study in an university but i have no money left to help her.A job is the only thing that now can help me to survive

Javed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.