Lizzy

No replys to her invitations:(

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
HI and thanks for all your concerns.

I did put an RSVP on the invitations. The school said they could not give me the bames of the children, so i had to in good faith, let them do it and hand them out.

Funnily enough ive just had one call from a parrent saying there child will be coming:O...talk about leaving it till the last minute!

Thanks again..

Well hopefully it'll turn out all right in the end. Wishing her a lovely day regardless. :)

Filed: Timeline

We had the same problem for our wedding.... I got replies from all the people we invited from the UK.... although most were with regret... We never recieved one reply from my husbands family here in the US... and 35 of them showed up for the wedding...

Like most I consider it most rude not to reply...

Kezzie

Yep, same here with our wedding invitations too, not one response back to say that anyone was coming. I think its so rude and ignorant and just goes to show the selfish mentality of alot of american people who think the world revolves around them! There is absolutely no excuse not to respond. Especially when you put an rsvp card in with the invitation, and address and stamp the envelopes. Really feel for you and your daughter.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

We had the same problem for our wedding.... I got replies from all the people we invited from the UK.... although most were with regret... We never recieved one reply from my husbands family here in the US... and 35 of them showed up for the wedding...

Like most I consider it most rude not to reply...

Kezzie

Bloody hell...... now that could cause problems with catering. Wassup with a quick phonecall with an answere ?...oh dear I feel a rant building up here !! :lol: I'll zip it while I'm ahead :innocent:

kim

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Never had a problem with the invitations not being responded to... some waited a bit o time, but other than that.... hmmmm.

Hope the party went (will go) well for the daughter though. new place new ppl is very hard, especially to the young.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.