jaycali

Any Norwegians able to help?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hei!

Trenger fødselsattest og politiattest. Er dette mulig å få utskrevet på engelsk allerede så jeg slipper å få dem oversatt i ettertid?

Og fødselsattest.. Hvor henvender jeg meg for å få skrevet ut en ny en? Skattekontoret? Helsedirektoratet? Sykehuset..? er litt clueless her :)

Har bare fødselsattesten min fra 1985..... Og den er hverken på engelsk eller i særlig god stand ;)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello jhsm85, we'll appreciate it if you could write in English. This site is not meant for people from Norway alone. If you want to get the response that you need, then write in English because a lot of members here have great experience to be able to offer help and assistance to your post. Thank you

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hei!

Trenger fødselsattest og politiattest. Er dette mulig å få utskrevet på engelsk allerede så jeg slipper å få dem oversatt i ettertid?

Og fødselsattest.. Hvor henvender jeg meg for å få skrevet ut en ny en? Skattekontoret? Helsedirektoratet? Sykehuset..? er litt clueless her :)

Har bare fødselsattesten min fra 1985..... Og den er hverken på engelsk eller i særlig god stand ;)

Hello jhsm85, we'll appreciate it if you could write in English. This site is not meant for people from Norway alone. If you want to get the response that you need, then write in English because a lot of members here have great experience to be able to offer help and assistance to your post. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hei!

I guess it was written in norwegian because it's hard to know the answer if you are not from Norway....

You call Skatteetaten (800 80 000) to get your birth certificate. If you specify you need it in english they will issue one with different languages on it. Like:

Navn

Name

Nombre

I don't know about the police certificate but in my district they will not issue one unless you have a letter to state that you need one. (feks fra arbeidsgiver etc.) I don't know if they are able to issue in english but they should....this might be different in other police districts.

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Hi, yea sorry. But this was written in Norwegian because it's asking for specifics regarding obtaining birth certificates and police certificates in Norway. Would be very difficult to answer if not from Norway.. But thanks for the advice!

Hei!I guess it was written in norwegian because it's hard to know the answer if you are not from Norway....You call Skatteetaten (800 80 000) to get your birth certificate. If you specify you need it in english they will issue one with different languages on it. Like:NavnNameNombreI don't know about the police certificate but in my district they will not issue one unless you have a letter to state that you need one. (feks fra arbeidsgiver etc.) I don't know if they are able to issue in english but they should....this might be different in other police districts.

Takk!

Ok, so you don't have to actually get it from skatteetaten in person? You can just call? And i assume the multiple language one is good enough for the NVC and embassy right?

What police district are you in? I'm in Oslo.. It does say on their website they need proof you're eligible to obtain one. Is an NOA1 enough, or do you need something like a letter from the embassy of some sort?

Timeline

Takk!

Ok, so you don't have to actually get it from skatteetaten in person? You can just call? And i assume the multiple language one is good enough for the NVC and embassy right?

What police district are you in? I'm in Oslo.. It does say on their website they need proof you're eligible to obtain one. Is an NOA1 enough, or do you need something like a letter from the embassy of some sort?

Yes, you can just call. I think the multiple language one is the only one they issue. At least that's what I got when I asked for one in english.

I'm in Romerike politidistrikt. I don't know if the NOA1 is enough, I have just assumed it's not, because it doesn't say you need one and that we have to wait for the letter from the embassy....but I might be wrong!

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Yes, you can just call. I think the multiple language one is the only one they issue. At least that's what I got when I asked for one in english.I'm in Romerike politidistrikt. I don't know if the NOA1 is enough, I have just assumed it's not, because it doesn't say you need one and that we have to wait for the letter from the embassy....but I might be wrong!

Takk! Are these all free?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Jeg vet ikke om de er gratis, men jeg ville bare si at man kan skrive på norsk her inne i de regionale forumene. :P Bare ikke i de andre forumene.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Timeline

Jeg vet ikke om de er gratis, men jeg ville bare si at man kan skrive på norsk her inne i de regionale forumene. :P Bare ikke i de andre forumene.

:thumbs:

Og de er gratis!!

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.