bombay

need urgent advice

4 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I need some real good advice from you guys.my case is now at the embassy and i will have to go to get a date for the interview soon.

In my case im the benifeciary and my wife is the usc.

after some months of dating my love had come to visit me in oman and we could not stay without each other and wanted to get married so i went to usa and got married to her.we were engaged in oman before i went to america and her parents were very happy about it.

we then fixed a date to got married having a simple civil marriage with her friends as witnesses.

but her parents dont know we are already married.the reason we didnt want to tell them is my wife and i were not ready for an expensive reception and also we didnt have time to arrange for it cause i went to usa within a month after she left oman.

her parents love me and always talk about our marriage plans whenever we talk.the main reason why we didnt tell het parents is that it would break their heart if they knew we got married or wanted to get married in such a simple way without a proper reception and a ceremony as she is their only daughter.

till this date they dont know we are married,and my wife still feels it will hurt them if we told them we are already married and she will not have HER DAY if you know what i mean the dream marriage day.

Do u think its ok to tell the immigration officer that her parents dont know we are married explaining them our reason or they will not accept this and reject me.

Or i make my wife tell her parents that we are married and explain them why we did this.

dear friends i really need ur help on this what to do

please advice im going crazy and

best regards

bombay.

I am pretty certain I can recall instances where the family not knowing about the marriage has caused problems at the interview as to the issue of a bona fide relationship/marriage. Hopefully someone that has had this experience will share. All the best to you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hi friends,

I need some real good advice from you guys.my case is now at the embassy and i will have to go to get a date for the interview soon.

after some months of dating my love had come to visit me in oman and we could not stay without each other and wanted to get married so i went to usa and got married to her.we were engaged in oman before i went to america and her parents were very happy about it.

we then fixed a date to got married having a simple civil marriage with her friends as witnesses.

but her parents dont know we are already married.the reason we didnt want to tell them is my wife and i were not ready for an expensive reception and also we didnt have time to arrange for it cause i went to usa within a month after she left oman.

her parents love me and always talk about our marriage plans whenever we talk.the main reason why we didnt tell het parents is that it would break their heart if they knew we got married or wanted to get married in such a simple way without a proper reception and a ceremony as she is their only daughter.

till this date they dont know we are married,and my wife still feels it will hurt them if we told them we are already married and she will not have HER DAY if you know what i mean the dream marriage day.

Do u think its ok to tell the immigration officer that her parents dont know we are married explaining them our reason or they will not accept this and reject me.

Or i make my wife tell her parents that we are married and explain them why we did this.

best regards

bombay.

To be honest and I could be wrong.. not being funny, but what has it got to do with the parents ????.. Your spouse is the petitoner and you are the beneficiary, I dont see how the process is connected to the parents ????? unless they are the joint sponsor or something.. on the other hand if they are involved in the process then you definintly need to tell them.. To be honest I would tell them, that way everything is out in the open.. as you say they may be upset but there is nothing to stop them holding a party to celebrate your marriage... and think about it another way which would be more upsetting.. either the parents finding out you are already married or you and your wife being seperated ???

On the other hand.. Aussie Wench usually sound advice and may know about cases that I am unaware of..

I wish you both the best of luck :thumbs:

Edited by lquin

Hi friends,

best regards

bombay.

Why do you wanna volunteer information to the consular officer, if you are not aksed? However, you may be asked whether you both have pictures with parents. For sure, you will be asked to show the wedding pictures and your pictures together.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.