Kimbear

I have a surprise!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So happy things a looking up for you two, and look they gave you an idea on a nursery :whistle:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

So happy things a looking up for you two, and look they gave you an idea on a nursery :whistle:

Cheeky buggers!..you and Flames :lol:

edit* its ok flames..my husband i'm sure will write this down on the calendar..one of the very few days where i admist i'm wrong and someone else is right! :blush:

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats, very very happy for you!

Jealous on how inexpensive houses are there!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Congrats! I hope your move goes smoothly!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Timeline

Congrats, very very happy for you!

Jealous on how inexpensive houses are there!

Well, we lucked out on this one. Its a short sale, and the owners are retired and live in california. the bank has made its money 6 times on this house since 6 diff mortgages were taken out on it. The last one for their retirement houe that was built brand new for 500k in california. This place originally listed for 120k, went off market came back at 90 we offered 75k. Everyone was desperate and there was only one lien on the house and one investor. Needless to say, CIti did not counter our offer, and we did our home inspection found some issues, they even offered to pay some closing costs to fix the issues which shocked the hell out of me and my attorney. Now i'm just waiting on the appraisal report from our FHA guy. As long as thats ok, we can move in probably next week. They already gave us the keys etc.

My horror story of home buying in the usa is finally over. It took over a year since our first initial offer and start of this messed up us home buying craziness. I managed to not go 100% crazy and i managed to keep my marriage intact. As for family relations with the parent in laws..well..thats a whole other story. lol.

lets just say i can't wait to get the ** out of here!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we lucked out on this one. Its a short sale, and the owners are retired and live in california. the bank has made its money 6 times on this house since 6 diff mortgages were taken out on it. The last one for their retirement houe that was built brand new for 500k in california. This place originally listed for 120k, went off market came back at 90 we offered 75k. Everyone was desperate and there was only one lien on the house and one investor. Needless to say, CIti did not counter our offer, and we did our home inspection found some issues, they even offered to pay some closing costs to fix the issues which shocked the hell out of me and my attorney. Now i'm just waiting on the appraisal report from our FHA guy. As long as thats ok, we can move in probably next week. They already gave us the keys etc.

My horror story of home buying in the usa is finally over. It took over a year since our first initial offer and start of this messed up us home buying craziness. I managed to not go 100% crazy and i managed to keep my marriage intact. As for family relations with the parent in laws..well..thats a whole other story. lol.

lets just say i can't wait to get the ** out of here!

That's a quick move in, yay!

Even at the asking that's a steal of a deal. The area we live now houses go for $600,000+ and the areas we could potentially afford that are decent are going to run us AT LEAST $400,000 (if we are lucky). Don't even get me started on the property taxes, we have to budget at least $1000/month for those. But you do what you have to do here in New York City + suburbs. It sucks but I'm becoming used to it now and can see why people do it to live here but then retire elsewhere.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Wonderful news! Congratulations! It looks like a lovely home as well. Good things are worth waiting for - and heaven knows you have had to wait for this one. At least it will all be worth it. Again,congratulations.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

That's a quick move in, yay!

Even at the asking that's a steal of a deal. The area we live now houses go for $600,000+ and the areas we could potentially afford that are decent are going to run us AT LEAST $400,000 (if we are lucky). Don't even get me started on the property taxes, we have to budget at least $1000/month for those. But you do what you have to do here in New York City + suburbs. It sucks but I'm becoming used to it now and can see why people do it to live here but then retire elsewhere.

Wow are you serious? Thats bloody expensive! I would hope people get paid more in NY to compensate but i have a feeling they don't. It amazes me how little house you get for the price down here. Up North (..i say that alot now lol) my house Near Ottawa was 10 years old 3 bedrooms a ranch style on 8 acres of land and it cost me 125k. That would cost me like half a million here in Chicago. And yet i look at what my hsuband makes and the price of salaries..and it amazes me how they expect him to live on that.

I got paid so much more than him for my job and i was a NEW employee there...i mean jeez.

Thanks for all the congrats! Now that this homeowner thing is becomming a fruition i'm feeling much loved!:luv:

Once its all painted and stuff i'll post new pics..We might be closing next week! The Fha appraisal was good and my bank has all the papers it needs..I think the title stuff is almost done. So we may have our new home just in time for our 2 year wedding anniversary this wednesday!!!!!!!:dance:

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

ok we have some bad and good news lol

First off, our home inspector found Mold in the attic..Blech!!! Considering i'm allergic to that and Penicillin its kinda a big thing for me. Not to mention the furnace returns runs through attic and is busted open so its drawing spore filled air into the rest of the houe..joy :( Good news is we asked for a closing cost credit to help pay for it since it was their fault. They redid the roof half assed and covered up all the vent holes and let all the exhausts go right into the attic. Well, i was expecting them to say no but they said yes to the funds. WOOT. So now i know..even if its a short sale etc you CAN still ask for stuff and get it. :)

Our bank asked Me to get a paper notarized saying i have no 2009 usa tax return since duh i moved here in 2010. The letter i wrote of explanation wasn't good enough sigh...they wanted it on THEIR paper notarized. Soooo we were suposed to close tomorrow..now will close monday or tuesday. Parents are going to florida this week, so we should be moved out by the time they get back..and then we have a week off to unpack and unwind.

This is a great anniversary gift :) Especally since our 2 year anniversary was yesterday!!...Oh and hubby took me out for Lobster etc which i have not had in years....it was soo good..cost a fortune but well worth it..:) I cannot wait to move!!!! lol. so exited!

HWDWm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Wish us luck tomorrow. WE close on the house at 10am!!!!! :dance:

The only thing worrying me is they did not get final numbers from the sellers for the HUD 1, so they coudl not tell me exactly how much to bring certified check for the closing, so we just got what our loan officer said. I just hope we have no issues. And i hope they cancel the pending auction in June on the house. Thats all i need is the Sherriff to show up and say your house is forclosed on lol.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.