Kimbear

I have a surprise!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so uhhh :whistle: , we kinda....umm...yeah...:whistle:

WE FINALLY GOT A FREAKING HOUSE!!!!!

We close on April 23, but were given early possession gratuit, since the owners are in California and we are in Illinois. OMFG I cannot believe it...I dont know whether to scream or cry or do both today. And the kicker? Not only was this another short sale (no i did not learn my lesson from last time :blush: ) BUT Citi did not give anyone any problems and DID NOT EVEN COUNTER OUR OFFER. Our offer was 15k less than list price, and like 40% of what was owed on the house.

We had seen the house on November 30th, put the official offer in on Dec 4th, and got the Approval today (Letter is actually dated yesterday).

I'm completely surprised, because when i was looking at other houses and the local forclosure Sheriff's sales listings just YESTERDAY, I saw this house listed. And of course I completely FREAKED and called my lawyer the realtor etc. thinking " OMG they are goign to do it again to me. they are going to auction this house off and not sell it to me, they are going to screw me again". Then when i saw that a mortgage for the house was discharged i bascially started panicking this morning.

So when i got the approval letter today, it was like someone took a cast iron frypan and whacked me in the face!.

I dont have official pics yet but here is a link to the Redfin listing; http://www.redfin.com/IL/Hanover-Park/1772-Goddard-Ln-60133/home/40134702

It was completly reno'd in 2006, with new windows, new kitchen, new appliances, new roof, new front and back doors, new laminate floors etc. New furnace, new A/C, Its like a brand new freakign house. And has a gorgeous vaulted ceiling in the living room. We are on cloud freaking 9 right now. I have a perma grin on my face.

Saturday we are doing the inspection and getting the keys.

wah hoooo!:dance:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!! Thats sort of how house buying goes, the right house eventually finds ya.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!! I know your road has been pretty bumpy the past few years, so I am very happy that something is finally going your way. I know first hand how frustrating it is when it seems no matter how hard you try, something always ends up going wrong :(

Timeline

Thats so awesome kimbear! Congrats!

That's such a beautiful house for an amazing price. Looks like it was worth the wait!

Awesome!! That is great news!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Congrats

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Timeline

Congrats!! Thats sort of how house buying goes, the right house eventually finds ya.

Throughout the last year you tried to tell me this many times..and i was skeptical. But you did end up being right Flames. Like you and others said, there's probably a good reason (unknown to me!! lol ) that we never got the other two houses that we really wanted. And right now i'm fine with that.

That very first house that was auctioned off 2 weeks before closing, was only 10k less than this one. had no appliances, only 2 bed 1 bath, needed a new roof, furnace etc. I ended up with the much better deal this time around.

And the final awesome piece? I got my answer and FHA # before the April deadline, when it would have costed me like almost 800$ more for the upfront PMI and also montly increases. I asked my LO If he could get us that number and he did on monday, the next day we had approval. This team actually cared about their customers. And they deal with my every question etc. :luv:

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Congrats!! I know your road has been pretty bumpy the past few years, so I am very happy that something is finally going your way. I know first hand how frustrating it is when it seems no matter how hard you try, something always ends up going wrong :(

No kidding eh? I was this close to saying screw it and going back to Canada. With so much BS with my inlaws, the housing market, losing my job, trying to understand some of the attitudes of people in Chicago etc. My cousin in Nova Scotia is a mortgage broker and she has said a few times she could help me out etc. If we did nto get this house..well. i was ready to just take a trip back home.

But hopefully finally now after 2 years of being here we can really start to live our happily married life together :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Throughout the last year you tried to tell me this many times..and i was skeptical. But you did end up being right Flames. Like you and others said, there's probably a good reason (unknown to me!! lol ) that we never got the other two houses that we really wanted. And right now i'm fine with that.

That very first house that was auctioned off 2 weeks before closing, was only 10k less than this one. had no appliances, only 2 bed 1 bath, needed a new roof, furnace etc. I ended up with the much better deal this time around.

And the final awesome piece? I got my answer and FHA # before the April deadline, when it would have costed me like almost 800$ more for the upfront PMI and also montly increases. I asked my LO If he could get us that number and he did on monday, the next day we had approval. This team actually cared about their customers. And they deal with my every question etc. :luv:

Maybe you can email my wife and let her know I was right for once,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.