ghunt2121

I-765 for K2 Via Holder for AOS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are about to drop our AOS package in the mail. I'm filing an !-765 for my wife and the older (19) of the two K2 visa holders. The younger of the two in our case is 15 and we're not planning on him working for the rest of this year. My question is: once he has possession of his green card, will I then still have to file an I-865 before he can work (I think not)?

I guess my thought is that by the time he's ready to work, early next year (2013), he will likely have the green card, right?

Edited by ghunt2121

He doesn't need it but it's free. Yes, the GC gives the right to work by itself. K2's usually file for EAD so they can get a SSN, thought you can wait until you have GC. I don't know what you mean by I-865 (in fact, that is the change of address form for people who have filed I-864).

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

He doesn't need it but it's free. Yes, the GC gives the right to work by itself. K2's usually file for EAD so they can get a SSN, thought you can wait until you have GC. I don't know what you mean by I-865 (in fact, that is the change of address form for people who have filed I-864).

Sorry. The I-865 was I typo... I meant I-765

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.