Logex

Nothing but Headaches!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I am having nothing but headaches with my K-1 Visa, and anyone that can give me insight it

would be greatly appreciated.

My I-129F was received by the Cali Office on December 30th, I have come to find out, but I still

have no information on my status, I will attempt to make a long story as short as possible.

I sent my Package on December 27th, 2011, and never heard back from the USCIS, so around the start

of February, I called to inquire and was turned away saying it wasn't processed yet, just to be

patient. So I waited 2 more weeks, and called again, only this time I pushed a little harder, and

they found my information. My NOA1 was returned to them as undeliverable. This is because my

name wasn't on the apartment lease or mailbox (but never happened to me before). So at this

point I am given my ID Number to check my case status, and get my Address changed to prevent this

mishap with subsequent information. I am told I will get my NOA1 and my change of address within

4 days.

I receive my change of address but never my NOA1... this is Mid-Feb, and my status still says

"Letter was returned as undeliverable on Jan 17". So I wait another week and call again to

inquire and the lady informs me that the NOA1 (acceptance Letter) was never resent, and that she

would do that for me.

I waited a week and never heard anything, so I called Yet again, and was told they had 15 days

to mail it and i needed to be patient. so I continued to wait. Finally I received a letter

that says my NOA1 resend request was received and please allow 30 days for it to be mailed.

So I called an explained this and I was told everything is find and I need to be patient. They

told me this is normal and I am still on track to finish within the average time of 5 months. So

everything should be complete on May 30th.

When I check my status on the web site, I still have no green circles filled in and it still

tells me that my "Acceptance letter was returned as undeliverable on Jan 17, Please contact us..."

I am afraid nothing is happening toward this being resolved. Does anyone have any information

or have a similar issue?

Thank!!!!

Andrew

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

the website is very unreliable.. i NEVER saw the first thing in our case at all until they finally approved us then FINALLY we logged in and actually had something more than case not found! They simply don't update all the cases they have onto the website

What your doing is the best thing to do... Calling USCIS and talking to a human.. preferably tier 2

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Andrew, first, I apologize that you are having such problems. Secondly, as far as the USCIS website is concerned, sometimes they never update it. Mine was, but I have read a lot of post saying that others had never been updated at all. My only advice is that at 30 days plus 1, call CSC and inquire again. I hope this is useful and encouraging. Best of luck!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

[Chill out....if you have your case number that is all that you need. The NOA1 is just a receipt; it's meaningless.

If they cashed your check, then your file is in a box and you have to wait months. Keep waiting and stop beating yourself up with the USCIS; you are the only one who's getting a headache!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks for the information! It makes me feel better, because I couldn't imagine waiting 5 months and then finding out nothing is happening and I have to wait another 5 months!!! I was really worried!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.