monalisa2010

Moving to Queens,NY from Egypt, looking for friendships

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney members,

I will be new to the state of NY. Approximately from May 2012 on, that is our expected arrival date. I have a few friends in America so far, unfortunately they are all scattered across the states. I am looking for friendly females living in the Queens area. It will be quite lonely and take some time to get used to. Sure would be nice to have a few friends before I arrive. Please reply if you would like to be friends.

Regards,

Monalisa

Timeline

Where in Queens? Dont Worry you will be fine here. there is a lot of diversity in queens. many muslims if u are one and middle east cuisine. I love queens just for the food! :)

thank you for your reply ,i will be in astoria

Timeline

Where in Queens? Dont Worry you will be fine here. there is a lot of diversity in queens. many muslims if u are one and middle east cuisine. I love queens just for the food! :)

Are you close to there? Can u describe the city to me. Is it quite, busy, is there alot of young families? I cant wait to be there. It will be a whole new world for us.

Timeline

Hmm, i'm not in Queens or NY for that matter, but I am in North NJ, really close to NYC :)

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Are you close to there? Can u describe the city to me. Is it quite, busy, is there alot of young families? I cant wait to be there. It will be a whole new world for us.

Astoria is close to manhattan. but it is not like manhattan.. It is very nice and yeah there is many young families for what ive seen.. I dont have any kids yet though. Astoria is for me the best. Dont worry the first few months you will feel out place and strange because is new place and faces but once u get familiar it will be okay. Do you have family here/?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thank you for your reply ,i will be in astoria

I have a friend lives in Astoria .Don't worry there are so so many Arab there .Egyptians,Moroccans,Allegri........If you will go to the mosque or the church you will meet alot of them .

good luck

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney members,

I will be new to the state of NY. Approximately from May 2012 on, that is our expected arrival date. I have a few friends in America so far, unfortunately they are all scattered across the states. I am looking for friendly females living in the Queens area. It will be quite lonely and take some time to get used to. Sure would be nice to have a few friends before I arrive. Please reply if you would like to be friends.

Regards,

Monalisa

Hi Mona,

I just moved in Queens, NY. :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I LIVE IN ASTORIA. I LOVE ASTORIA! Sorry for shouting.

My fiance is moving here from Russia in a month. She actually used to live in Cairo.

Anyways, you shouldn't have a problem. Astoria (and all of NYC for that matter), is very diverse.

Check out the area around Steinway between Astoria Boulevard and Ditmars. There are tons of Egyptian places as far as restaurants, etc.

See: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=egyptian+food&find_loc=Astoria%2C+Queens%2C+NY&ns=1

Astoria park is amazing. I actually spend over 4 hours a day there with my dogs (after working 10 hours). We live right on the park. Plus, I have met lots and lots of friends in that park (I like that word - plus).

The commute to Manhattan is generally quick, especially if you are just going to midtown. I work in Lower Manhattan so my commute is 1 hour each way. That is my only issue with where I live. I actually thought about moving to Brooklyn to be closer to work, but I really just don't want to leave my friends. Get ready - Astoria is awesome and in my opinion one of the best places in NYC to live!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.