yunwoo

desperate .. need help

6 posts in this topic

:help: I married American man in august 2002 in Jakarta - Indonesia and he back to America in july 2004. In October 2004 my husband hired a lawyer to file a spouse visa and he paid $ 1500, unfortunately the lawyer gave us the wrong receipt number.

After my husband talking with the lawyer, he submitted a trace for my case back in June 2006, but still no result from him.

We think we hired a wrong lawyer.

Please I need help for my case, thank you.[/size]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know where you are in the process, but your husband should be able to contact USCIS or the National Visa Center and find out what's going on with your case. You don't need a lawyer to do this. You can explain that you lost the reciept number or something. Maybe others can be more specific on how to do this but I would imagine there has to be a way to search for your case either by the petitioner's name or the beneficieary's name. The lawyer should have recieved some form of notification or documentation after filing your case. Your husband needs to take it into his own hands and follow up or hire a new lawyer.

:help: I married American man in august 2002 in Jakarta - Indonesia and he back to America in july 2004. In October 2004 my husband hired a lawyer to file a spouse visa and he paid $ 1500, unfortunately the lawyer gave us the wrong receipt number.

After my husband talking with the lawyer, he submitted a trace for my case back in June 2006, but still no result from him.

AOS

12/19/06 AOS and EAD applications recieved at Chicago office

12/22/06 file sent to CSC

2/14/07 touched

3/2/07 touched

3/5/07 touched

3/13/07 file sent back to MSC

3/14/07 touched

3/21/07 touched

3/23/07 touched

6/06/07 Interview

6/18/07 Notified through email that card was ordered

6/26/07 Recieved card in the mail TODAY!!!!!!!

EAD

3/20/07 EAD touched

3/22/07 recieved email that card has been ordered.

3/26/07 EAD card recieved in the mail.

yuncess,

Why did you not do Direct Consular Filing (DCF) in Jakarta? You have been married for 4 years, filed 2 years ago and your case is still not complete? Saya tidak mengerti itu.

Get a new lawyer or explore the option of DCF.

Filed: Other Timeline

Step #1 - fire the lawyer

Step #2 - call State Senator's office and ask to speak with the immigration liase, the should be able to help

Step #3 - write a letter of complaint to the state bar association about the idiot lawyer :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Thank you Elena .. yes my husband contact USCIS but they keep telling that they will send the investigation report. We also sent a email to the NVC inquiry but they cant find my case.

Yes I think my husband have to hire a new lawyer and it means 'cost'.

I don't know where you are in the process, but your husband should be able to contact USCIS or the National Visa Center and find out what's going on with your case. You don't need a lawyer to do this. You can explain that you lost the reciept number or something. Maybe others can be more specific on how to do this but I would imagine there has to be a way to search for your case either by the petitioner's name or the beneficieary's name. The lawyer should have recieved some form of notification or documentation after filing your case. Your husband needs to take it into his own hands and follow up or hire a new lawyer.

Terima kasih william, ya saya juga tidak mengerti kenapa lama sekali

I will tell my husband

I don't want to sound the alarm too loudly here (because anything is possible), but if they can't find your case by name, its possible that this moron never filed your case at all. You need to call the State Bar immediately and explain your situation and file a complaint. Also, you definitely need a new lawyer. If you'd like a referral let me know. I'm sorry you are going through this: not all lawyers are ripoffs and losers.

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.