MangoAve

Anyone finished K1 tell me if missing anything?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the middle of the petition process; its been almost three months since I first filed. Can anyone who has gone through this process tell me if there is anything I am missing? There is a flow chart available on this website for the K1 process, so I am already aware of this.

The I-129F was already sent in along with a signed G-325A from both I as petitioner and her as beneficiary. A passport size photo was attached to each. There were two signed letters of intent, one from each of us. I sent in photos of us with defined landmarks as well as a copy of my birth certificate, passport main page, passport pages with Philippines stamps, some emails and chats.

Once I get the NOA2 from the VSC, I can wait a week to see if NVC in New Hampshire can provide their processing number for the US embassy in Manila. I will try to mail my documents as well as email as fail-safe.

Sending: I-134 form signed (not notarized)

Letter of employment

Copy of 2010 tax return and hopefully 2011 as well

(this is not required for employment but it is extra and will show real estate which is on I-134)

A copy of any stock assets (which I will try to put watermark and not provide account numbers)

Possibly simple bank provided page showing exactly what it says on bottom right corner of page 1 of I-134 instructions

She will be getting packets from Manila. Although she can always look up DS-156, DS-157, DS-156K, fill them out and print them. She is waiting on her passport still. She will bring Cenomar, NBI, NSO, an updated letter of intent including one from me. The support evidence I explained above. She will need a few more passport style photos. She needs to have medical exam within a week before interview. I work with my fiancee's cousin, who came here 20 years ago. She told me about Bear Brand... If anyone has heard about this for TB. She has had x-rays before for jobs already, but old equipment which is not as sophisticated as St. Lukes. I did provide her a copy of my appendix for question 18 how we met.

There is a bit of information here about Manila's embassy. But each review is different on which window's to use for each document. Its pretty obvious that the beneficiary will receive the visa about a week after interview. It lasts for 6 months, but its a one time entry here. She cannot leave until after the AOS. Once here, there is 90 days. Does the AOS have to be started before the end of the 90 days? I can submit the Employment Authorization along with the adjustment of status. I already found how to get a SSN for her, at a local SS office. After two years, there is another AOS so its permanent residence.

Anything I missed?

Seems like you are way ahead of the game. The only thing I see missing is evidence of ongoing relationship, that she will have to take with her for the interview. Like skype calls, phone logs, chat logs, email's etc...... Anything to show the bonafide relationship.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have to pay for the visa ahead of time through a BPI branch so give your fiance the case number so she can pay it and keep the reciept. You need that at the interview. You can't schedule the interview till after you pay. They didn't send us anything but confirmed they recieved our petition so we went ahead and paid and then scheduled the interview online at embassy website. Just don't forget to do the seminar after the visa is recieved because you need that stamp to leave.

06/23/2010 Met online, became fast friends

09/10/2010 Became Couple

06/06/2011 Flew to Philippines met for first time

06/14/2011 Engaged :)

06/26/2011 Last time I saw my fiance

09/19/2011 Started Petition process

04/09/2012 Fiance visa approved

06/18/2012 Married

Timeline

Seems like you are way ahead of the game. The only thing I see missing is evidence of ongoing relationship, that she will have to take with her for the interview. Like skype calls, phone logs, chat logs, email's etc...... Anything to show the bonafide relationship.

I think I did leave this from the list I made. I asked if she needed anything from me. She did print out all the emails already. The filipina I work with said she had brought boxes of letters with her. Only thing is today we just use computers so my fiancee will be bringing emails. But OMG with the slow times I have researched as much as I could. I also know that K1 uses the I-134, not the I-864. A lot of people can't tell this difference.

Timeline

You have to pay for the visa ahead of time through a BPI branch so give your fiance the case number so she can pay it and keep the reciept. You need that at the interview. You can't schedule the interview till after you pay. They didn't send us anything but confirmed they recieved our petition so we went ahead and paid and then scheduled the interview online at embassy website. Just don't forget to do the seminar after the visa is recieved because you need that stamp to leave.

The embassy info for Manila did say this. However, it said they should have sent the beneficiary information on how to apply for the K1. I believe there are four packets total. And the Manila embassy site did say three ways to pay for interview. St. Lukes website also allows you to book appointment online.

The seminar is for the beneficiary on domestic partnership info. Like laws here about abuse, ect.. Right? Good to know the stamp is needed.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything is done online for the embassy, they do not mail a packet out, just a letter (eventually).

Here is the embassy letter with required information.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.