SB-BD

Joint Sponsor

4 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi friends my case is completed from NVC and hopefully interview appointment will be end of May'2012, We have everything set up, but we are concern about taxes. NVC asked me to bring our Co-sponsor tax return transcript for the year of 2010 at the time of interview and we have got said tax return transcript from IRS office, But now I'm little confused about Tax return for the year of 2011, I found that our Co- sponsor was without a job (bcoz he was sick) and that year his taxes wasn't good and my spouse was with me so that her Tax Return for 2011 also not so good. The point is that we rather to take a joint sponsor (just in case) but when we submitted our paper to NVC we submitted taxes from 2008, 2009 and 2010.

So now my question is that,

01. Is embassy allow us to take a Joint Sponsor now at the time of Interview as we didn't submitted any joint sponsor paper to NVC before????

02. If yes, shall I bring all documents and signed I864 form for joint sponsor at the time of interview????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If it is needed, then you are allowed to add joint sponsor at the time of interview. You can bring all necessary doc for the joint sponsor, etc etc, so you can submit it at the time of interview.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi friends my case is completed from NVC and hopefully interview appointment will be end of May'2012, We have everything set up, but we are concern about taxes. NVC asked me to bring our Co-sponsor tax return transcript for the year of 2010 at the time of interview and we have got said tax return transcript from IRS office, But now I'm little confused about Tax return for the year of 2011, I found that our Co- sponsor was without a job (bcoz he was sick) and that year his taxes wasn't good and my spouse was with me so that her Tax Return for 2011 also not so good. The point is that we rather to take a joint sponsor (just in case) but when we submitted our paper to NVC we submitted taxes from 2008, 2009 and 2010.

01. Is embassy allow us to take a Joint Sponsor now at the time of Interview as we didn't submitted any joint sponsor paper to NVC before????

02. If yes, shall I bring all documents and signed I864 form for joint sponsor at the time of interview????

I called with similar question, adding a joint sponsor at the interview. They said bring it to the interview DO NOT just send it in, they will have to reopen the case and it will no longer be complete.

You Can add another Co-Sponsor at any time....But Embassy have to Re-submitt all those documents to the NVC to verify all the financial evidence for the new Co-Sponsor, which might take longer,Try to find out that your current sponsor has any properties or bank balance to cover up the gap from Proverty guide lines on top of sponsor's current 2011 earnings...Then submitt all those docs with your 2011 tax return(What ever the earning is) at the time of Interview...For any sponsor issues they will not deny your visa... they will just put it on Hold untill you get satisfiable co-sponsor....and all these things are very time consuming....You could have add another Co-sponsor when you find out that you previous sponsor didnt have enough earning in 2011 sometimes it is easier to deal with NVC rather than the CO at local embassy...The Basic thing is you allways have to submitt most current tax year return...Hope it helps...and good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.