P+J

Evidence Presented at Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys,

do you know if the Kiev embassy returns any of the relationship evidence presented at the interview? We organized it in a sectioned folder/binder, and I wasn't sure if any of it would be useful for AOS later. Is it common for them to keep it or do they return it to the beneficiary at the conclusion of the interview? Thanks!

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys,

do you know if the Kiev embassy returns any of the relationship evidence presented at the interview? We organized it in a sectioned folder/binder, and I wasn't sure if any of it would be useful for AOS later. Is it common for them to keep it or do they return it to the beneficiary at the conclusion of the interview? Thanks!

The only items of our "proof" that they took under the window were four photos. They returned those. Everything else they looked at through the window and nodded but did not actually take it from us. They reviewed the I-134 very briefly then detached evrything but the I-134 form itself and handed it back to us. Originals documents with copies, they kept the coies and returned the originals, they looked at BOTH and did review the translations. The ONLY thing they really studied well was the letter granting Alla permission to remove the children permanently from Ukraine. Everything ewlse was a passing glance at best.Tey "flipped through" the I-134 evidence.

However I was prepared to give them their own COPY of everything. They may not handle your case the same.

Forget the folder/binder idea for any part of this process. The hole in the glass is not big enough and you will just be disassembling it anyway. Same at any interview in this process, when they ask for a divorce certificate,they WANT a divorce certificate, not a photo album.

The BEST thing for this is one of those multipocket expandable folders. I bought one with 13 pockets. You can put each document in its slot and when they ask for it,just whip it right out and slide it right back in. I used the same one for all our interviews, keep the documents in there, you will need them again and again.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The BEST thing for this is one of those multipocket expandable folders. I bought one with 13 pockets. You can put each document in its slot and when they ask for it,just whip it right out and slide it right back in. I used the same one for all our interviews, keep the documents in there, you will need them again and again.

Yep, I sent one to Alla and she used it to best efficiency. The slot in the glass is not that wide; not as wide as a .357 barrel for sure!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Thanks for the info guys. Yes. I will definitely be putting it into a folder like you suggested Gary. It will be much more convenient for her. I'm visiting for Easter, so I'm going to bring everything to her then and explain how it's organized. Also, is there any reason for me to wait until closer to the interview to fill out my I-134? Although we're still waiting on NOA2, I thought I could just bring that with the supporting documents.

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Thanks for the info guys. Yes. I will definitely be putting it into a folder like you suggested Gary. It will be much more convenient for her. I'm visiting for Easter, so I'm going to bring everything to her then and explain how it's organized. Also, is there any reason for me to wait until closer to the interview to fill out my I-134? Although we're still waiting on NOA2, I thought I could just bring that with the supporting documents.

The I-134 should be dated as close to the interview as possible. I went to the interview so mine was current within 1 week. Thats a bit of overkill but I would be comfortable with documents within 60 days and 90 days may be OK also. There really is no "requirement" but remember it is THEIR subjective decision. FWIW Kiev has been pretty easy on this, my stuff could have three years old and I doubt they would have noticed, but who knows if the guy you get is the same.

The folder has turned out to be just a great idea. I have used the same folder for four years now, I just added things to it and took things out and changed the little lables as it went along. It was my Visa interview folder, my AOS folder, my RoC folder and my citizenship folder. I used it at Alla's interview for the visa, Alla used it at Sergey's K-2 to follow interview, it sat on my lap and was not opened for the AOS interview and Alla took it in for the citizenship interview, where they looked at everything I guess. It is now tucked back in its same place and serves as our folder for important documents. The last thing added was her citizenship oath appointment letter. I expect to add her citizenship certificate in 2 weeks :dance:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The I-134 should be dated as close to the interview as possible. I went to the interview so mine was current within 1 week. Thats a bit of overkill but I would be comfortable with documents within 60 days and 90 days may be OK also. There really is no "requirement" but remember it is THEIR subjective decision. FWIW Kiev has been pretty easy on this, my stuff could have three years old and I doubt they would have noticed, but who knows if the guy you get is the same.

The folder has turned out to be just a great idea. I have used the same folder for four years now, I just added things to it and took things out and changed the little lables as it went along. It was my Visa interview folder, my AOS folder, my RoC folder and my citizenship folder. I used it at Alla's interview for the visa, Alla used it at Sergey's K-2 to follow interview, it sat on my lap and was not opened for the AOS interview and Alla took it in for the citizenship interview, where they looked at everything I guess. It is now tucked back in its same place and serves as our folder for important documents. The last thing added was her citizenship oath appointment letter. I expect to add her citizenship certificate in 2 weeks :dance:

About the 134... tax transcripts are ok? I don't want to only send those out and find them asking where is the tax return (as this is what the specifically ask for)???

thank you in advance.

Timeline

About the 134... tax transcripts are ok? I don't want to only send those out and find them asking where is the tax return (as this is what the specifically ask for)???

thank you in advance.

Yes, transcripts are fine.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hey guys,

Paul, The person at the window will ask for everything they want to see. When they ask for proof of relationship, Tanya passed each one at a time, receipts, photos, etc... and told the person what they where. They kept until the interview and after the interview they returned everything except the forms they needed, passports, and the paperwork from Medical. Most of the forms then are placed into a envelop to give at the POE. Good luck to you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.