ChrisB0707

U.S. Citizen Parents To The United States

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife became a US citizen on March 9th. We have started the process to bring her parents to the US. We sent the I-130 and received NOA1. Is there any Filipino's that have experience with this process and want to share it? Does anyone know what we will have to send to the NVC? What will they ask for from her parents. Has anyone had any experience with the police clearance they ask for? Should they get it now or wait? Do they really need it for every area they have lived for more than 6 months. Will NBI clearance be good enough? Any info and experiences would be great.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

A. ONCE APPROVED, USCIS WILL SEND IT TO

B. NVC, NVC WILL ASSIGN A NEW MANILA CASE NUMBER.

C. NVC WILL THEN GENERATES AND SEND AOS BILL (IN THIS CONTEXT AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) AND CHOICE OF AGENT FORM FOR THE PETITIONER AND AT THE SAME TIME WILL SEND CHOICE OF AGENT FORM TO THE BENEFIACIARY.

D.

.The petitioner sends back the AOS Bill

payment.

.AOS Bill entered into NVC System

.I-864 Package generated.

.Petitioner receives I-864 Package.

.Petitioner completes and sends the I-864

package.

DOCUMENTS NEEDED WITH THE I-864 SUBMISSION:

- I-864 COVER SHEET

- I-864 FORM

- W2S

- IRS ATLEAST THREE YEARS BACK BUT I THINK THE LATEST IS SUFFICIENT.

- MAY INCLUDE EMPLYMENT LETTER AND THREE LAST PAY STUBS

.I-864 package entered into NVC system.

.If more info/evidence is required, then NVC

will generate and send a checklist.

Petitioner responds to the checklist and it is

entered into the System.

The alien completes and sends the

DS-3032* (Choice of Agent form)

DS-3032* entered into NVC System

Immigrant Visa Bill Generated.

Agent receives the IV Bill.

Agent sends back the IV Bill payment.

IV Bill entered into NVC System.

DS-230 package generated.

Agent receives DS-230 package.

Agent sends completed DS-230 plus

documentation required by NVC.

DOCUMENTS NEEDED WITH THE DS 230 PACKAGE:

- DS 230 COVER SHEET

- DS 230 FORM

- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (MOM)

- MARRIAGE CERTIFICTE (MOM)

- PASSPORT COPIES

- NBI

- 2X2 PHOTOS

- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (YOURS)

- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ( YOURS)

- PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (YOURS)

- MAY ADD PICS/LETTERS/NOTICES COPIES BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EXTRA DURING INTERVIEW,BEC SOME MAY BE LOST.

DS-230 package entered into NVC system

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC

will generate and send a checklist.

Agent responds to the checklist and it is

entered into the System.

ONCE COMPLETED THEN THEY WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL OF HER MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW DATES WITH ALL DOCUMENTS NECESSARY. AND FURHTER INSTRUCTIONS.

Edited by griffin

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife became a US citizen on March 9th. We have started the process to bring her parents to the US. We sent the I-130 and received NOA1. Is there any Filipino's that have experience with this process and want to share it? Does anyone know what we will have to send to the NVC? What will they ask for from her parents. Has anyone had any experience with the police clearance they ask for? Should they get it now or wait? Do they really need it for every area they have lived for more than 6 months. Will NBI clearance be good enough? Any info and experiences would be great.

Police certificates are only IF they lived in another country for 6 months or more. If they have only lived in the Phils they don't need it, just the NBI

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, its correct that the Philippine immigrant visa processing only need the NBI clearance. Hence, only need a police certificate if they have lived outside the country but, I believe its more than one year. The 6 months or more are only for K-1 visa processing, according to the Manila US embassy documents requirement. [url="manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.