mave1104

Packet 3 and Packet 4

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What does packet 3 and packet 4 contains?... is there some papers i have to prepare to reply to this packets? if there is,what are those so i could prepare them now?... and what are the complete papers to bring during interview?..... We haven't receive the packets yet but I just want to be ready... Thank you for the help

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What does packet 3 and packet 4 contains?... is there some papers i have to prepare to reply to this packets? if there is,what are those so i could prepare them now?... and what are the complete papers to bring during interview?..... We haven't receive the packets yet but I just want to be ready... Thank you for the help

Here is general reqts... consulate may have more specific.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#5

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate). NOTE: K-1/K-2 visa applicants should not fill in Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application
  • One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K
  • One (1) Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, Part I (You are not required to complete Part II.)

K Visa applicants applying at U.S. Consulate General Montreal and U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez have different application form requirements. Review information on the U.S. Consulate General Montreal or U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez website to learn which forms you must complete.

• A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

[/url]Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is general reqts... consulate may have more specific.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#5

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate). NOTE: K-1/K-2 visa applicants should not fill in Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application
  • One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K
  • One (1) Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, Part I (You are not required to complete Part II.)

K Visa applicants applying at U.S. Consulate General Montreal and U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez have different application form requirements. Review information on the U.S. Consulate General Montreal or U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez website to learn which forms you must complete.

• A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

[/url]Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

oh woow.. this one is good.. thank you for the help!

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.