3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

so after waiting 4 months to put the packet together, we had finally sent it off this passed Monday. we had gone to the bank and had them print out a cashiers check payable to DHS because we didn't have any blank ones... the check was signed by the CEO/CFO of the bank and not by my husband.

we go to the post office to send everything off and i'm just attaching the checks and getting ready to put them in the envelope as my husband goes:"wait, shouldn't i sign and endorse the check? otherwise they won't cash it." so i, knowing nothing about it and thinking that it makes sense, let him sign the dang check on the back.

yesterday i kept thinking and thinking about it and something just didn't feel right, so i decided to all the bank and they didn't give me a clear answer, but i'm about 100% sure that they won't process my papers because of his signature and i'm freaking out, don't know what to do. in the bast case scenario, will i get my package back with all the papers or will they deny me and order removal proceedings?

i know that it was an honest mistake on my husband's part, but this is so important, my life depends on it and i don't know what to think.

event.png

don't worry.

if they cant cash it, it will all come back within a week or so. just reapply with the correct amount. little time lost (maybe 1-2 weeks).

if it is the case, you will get a letter that says rejection of application but this is only because you didnt pay the correct amount.

21/2 - received NOA in mail for all 4 (130/485/765/131)

23/3 - biometrics scheduled -> did "early" walk-in on 21 March

06/4 - received email update, interview scheduled for 7th May

27/4 - received EAD

08/5 - email: approval one day after interview (7th May)

The worst, they will return everything back and you resend it with new check. Just waste some time but nothing to be paranoid about. By the way, if the check is payable to someone else, don't sign it or anything. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.