livetolove

Few Questions about RFE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi There

I got RFE because of my proxy marriage and i am collecting the required documents to mail it to the USCIS.

One of the requirement is before after marriage pictures of us ( me and my wife together) I have a total number of 500 pics from year 2004 to 2012. My lawyer told me to send them just 2 or three, but since my case is subject to denial if I did not meet their demand, my friends advised me to send them at least 50 pictures showing us together in different places, do you think who is right? my lawyer or my friends?

I have 3 DVDs showing us together before and after marriage. My lawyer told me not to send any video or DVDs cause it is not mentioned on the USCIS letter of RFE. Do you think if I send it to them it is gonna help me as a proof of bonafide marriage?

Copy of Western union reciepts, pics, documents, Fedex airway bills, explanatory letters, post cards and other all togher weighs more than 3 to 4 pounds. Should I put it in a USPS express mail box ?

Regarding pictures, I glued 2 pics at the front and back of a plain paper and added a remark or a note about the place and year when pics were taken. Is that the correcet way?

My relation with my wife started back in 2004 and usually use calling cards purchased online and I have all those reciepts and PIN numbers in print. USCIC are requesting phone bills with call records. I bet u that 90% of u guys never place a call directly from your cell to your spouse overseas. as a result, I keep buying my phone card online and from one specific site and kept those reciepts showing only pin numbers and one access number . I also have a lot of text message charges on my cell phone bills and I am just wondering if those will help?

They requested a sworn affidavit from my family members why they did not attend the wedding. does it has to be notarized overseas?

Finally, I am just wondering if the assigned officer has time to read over 200 papers, pics and others ?

I look 4ward 2 hear from u guys

Edited by livetolove

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

They won't look at the DVD's however you can do screen captions from the videos, and print these on paper stating they're screen captions from a video from xx date, xx year(date, location, people in the pictures). Keep in mind that pictures are merely secondary evidence. Whar does the RFE say word for word?

Regarding pictures; put 4 on each sheet of paper and print it out(standard A4 size), that way you can include more than just a couple. You're going through a tough embassy so I'll leave the rest to anyone experienced with that embassy, and frontloading(which is what you're asking basically) - same thing with marriage by proxy. The benefit of frontloading is you're "forcing" the interviewer at the embassy to have the evidence in hand before the interview, hopefully making it a stronger case.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

Hi there

The RFE is not for the embassy but it is for NOA2. my I-130 was on a pending staus for 14 months and finally got touched and a result, I got the RFE with a lot and lot of requirements. I think if I sent at least 90% of the documents and got approved ( NOA2), I have to go thru the same process at the consulate.

Timeline

I used my cell phone to make calls just for that reason, because I wanted to make sure I had a record of ours calls and text messages. Is there any way to get a record of the calls made from the calling cards? I don't know because I've never used them.

After we got the RFE, I hired a lawyer and she said we needed to send about 100 pictures (seriously), so we did. That was on top of the 27 pictures we had already sent with the petition. I wrote on the back of all of them and put them in clear picture insert pages (you can get them at Office Depot, they were three to a page). I didn't put any pictures behind them, so they wouldn't have to deal with taking pictures out to read the backs of them. All they had to do was turn the sheet over to read them.

If I remember right, our relatives that weren't at our wedding did get their letters notarized.

We included very heartfelt letters from both of us, about our relationship from beginning to end (how we started, our feelings, our plans, why we fell in love with each other, etc). The lawyer put those first in our RFE response, before any of the required documents.

I'm not sure about the DVD, but others might know.

Did you include letters of affidavits from family members in the original petition? If not, you should include them now. If so, see how detailed they are. You might want to have them write new ones, which is what we did.

Good luck to you;)

Hi There

I got RFE because of my proxy marriage and i am collecting the required documents to mail it to the USCIS.

One of the requirement is before after marriage pictures of us ( me and my wife together) I have a total number of 500 pics from year 2004 to 2012. My lawyer told me to send them just 2 or three, but since my case is subject to denial if I did not meet their demand, my friends advised me to send them at least 50 pictures showing us together in different places, do you think who is right? my lawyer or my friends?

I have 3 DVDs showing us together before and after marriage. My lawyer told me not to send any video or DVDs cause it is not mentioned on the USCIS letter of RFE. Do you think if I send it to them it is gonna help me as a proof of bonafide marriage?

Copy of Western union reciepts, pics, documents, Fedex airway bills, explanatory letters, post cards and other all togher weighs more than 3 to 4 pounds. Should I put it in a USPS express mail box ?

Regarding pictures, I glued 2 pics at the front and back of a plain paper and added a remark or a note about the place and year when pics were taken. Is that the correcet way?

My relation with my wife started back in 2004 and usually use calling cards purchased online and I have all those reciepts and PIN numbers in print. USCIC are requesting phone bills with call records. I bet u that 90% of u guys never place a call directly from your cell to your spouse overseas. as a result, I keep buying my phone card online and from one specific site and kept those reciepts showing only pin numbers and one access number . I also have a lot of text message charges on my cell phone bills and I am just wondering if those will help?

They requested a sworn affidavit from my family members why they did not attend the wedding. does it has to be notarized overseas?

Finally, I am just wondering if the assigned officer has time to read over 200 papers, pics and others ?

I look 4ward 2 hear from u guys

Edited by Lisamarie

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I used my cell phone to make calls just for that reason, because I wanted to make sure I had a record of ours calls and text messages. Is there any way to get a record of the calls made from the calling cards? I don't know because I've never used them.

After we got the RFE, I hired a lawyer and she said we needed to send about 100 pictures (seriously), so we did. That was on top of the 27 pictures we had already sent with the petition. I wrote on the back of all of them and put them in clear picture insert pages (you can get them at Office Depot, they were three to a page). I didn't put any pictures behind them, so they wouldn't have to deal with taking pictures out to read the backs of them. All they had to do was turn the sheet over to read them.

If I remember right, our relatives that weren't at our wedding did get their letters notarized.

We included very heartfelt letters from both of us, about our relationship from beginning to end (how we started, our feelings, our plans, why we fell in love with each other, etc). The lawyer put those first in our RFE response, before any of the required documents.

I'm not sure about the DVD, but others might know.

Did you include letters of affidavits from family members in the original petition? If not, you should include them now. If so, see how detailed they are. You might want to have them write new ones, which is what we did.

Good luck to you;)

Hi

thank u for your feed back

I am just wondering if you provided all what was requested on your RFE ? in my case, they requested bank statements b4 and after each trip, airline tickets, name of relatives in the USA and overseas and why they didnt attend the wedding. hotel reciepts, CC charges for hotel, airline ticket and the ring i purchased for my wife, name of the person who accompanied me during my trips, call logs, pics and others....in may case, i have almost around 85% of the requirments but for the rest I am gonna writed an explanatory letter describing why thosse documents are unavailabe.

The other question i have is do I have to go thru the same procedures at the US consulate in Casa ?

I look 4ward to hear from u

Timeline

Yes I included everything. I didn't have hotel receipts, as I stayed with his family on both trips. But everything else they asked for, sent in our reply. What don't you have that they asked for?

We didn't have to go through that in Casa. He just needed to get his medical exam and all of his civil papers. Between our petition, our RFE documents and NVC documents, they pretty much had our life story. They didn't ask for any more proof or documents.

Hi

I am just wondering if you provided all what was requested on your RFE ? in my case, they requested bank statements b4 and after each trip, airline tickets, name of relatives in the USA and overseas and why they didnt attend the wedding. hotel reciepts, CC charges for hotel, airline ticket and the ring i purchased for my wife, name of the person who accompanied me during my trips, call logs, pics and others....in may case, i have almost around 85% of the requirments but for the rest I am gonna writed an explanatory letter describing why thosse documents are unavailabe.

The other question i have is do I have to go thru the same procedures at the US consulate in Casa ?

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Most people who fail to send everything requested or an affidavit explaining why it is NOT included have not been approved or it has taken a LONG time for them to get an approval. If you want to prevent a second RFE or a denial then you need to go ahead and submit ALL of what they have requested as soon as possible. Our box was a large priority US postal service mailing box. It took 2 days to get there and it weighed 9lbs. We sent so much to them and we still have not heard anything back yet. It took a good month to get it all together. I think you should try to get affidavits from people about their knowledge of your before and after relationship. They requested courtship evidence from us and credit card statements if we had met online on a match site. They asked for some crazy things that made no sense to us at all. We responded to everything and I lost many hours and days of sleep. I was up all night long gathering emails, call logs, chat logs, photos, etc trying to compile enough evidence to get them off of our cases. I pray that my efforts and my wife's do not go without us being approved. Pray for us and we will pray for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.