9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI, vj's!

My husband is here on a K1 visa, we are starting the whole process of adjusting his status. I'm so confused on the I-693 since the k1 physical he had done in Mexico didn't required any vaccinations. He did get the DS-3025 which is signed by the doctor in Mexico but nothing else. He forgot his vaccination records in Mexico, I was thinking on having them scanned and have that copy to show to the civil surgeon here. What should I do?! Should I just send the DS-3025 or have the civil surgeon fill out the I-693? Please I will so appreciate your help. thanks :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Has he got all the age appropriate vaccinations? You have to look at the ds-3025 and see if it says complete/incomplete, and if there's a box ticked with "may be eligible for a blanket waiver"(I think is the wording).

The vaccinations weren't required in home country but they are for AOS - sometimes it's just easier to get all the shots in home country to skip the civil surgeon step in the US. If your husband's lacking the vaccinations he has to get them, then go to a civil surgeon and have them transcribed.

The medical is usually good for a year so there's no reason to do a whole new medical when you're within that time frame still.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Has he got all the age appropriate vaccinations? You have to look at the ds-3025 and see if it says complete/incomplete, and if there's a box ticked with "may be eligible for a blanket waiver"(I think is the wording).

The vaccinations weren't required in home country but they are for AOS - sometimes it's just easier to get all the shots in home country to skip the civil surgeon step in the US. If your husband's lacking the vaccinations he has to get them, then go to a civil surgeon and have them transcribed.

The medical is usually good for a year so there's no reason to do a whole new medical when you're within that time frame still.

He has them all, but he didn't bring his immunization records. We do have them but they're scanned copies, and the ds-3025 doesnt have anything on it except the signature from the doctor. No boxes checked, nothing.

Timeline

Are the vaccinations/immu. records) transcribed into the ds-3025 that you have a copy of?

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

Timeline

Are the vaccinations/immu. records) transcribed into the ds-3025 that you have a copy of?

NO, they didn't ask for them in Mexico when he had his physical. That is why he didn't bring them with him since he thought he wouldn't need them anymore. The ds-3025 like I said before its completely blank it just has his name and the signature of the doctor.

Timeline

Then you definitely need to go to a civil surgeon since it's required to have them now. No, in some ways the doctor in Mexico wasn't wrong since it's not required by a K1 applicant to have vaccinations prior to arriving to the US however it would've been nice if the webpage (USEM Mexico) would've provided the information anyways. He/she couldn't transcribe anything when not bringing the immu. records.

Is the immunization record translated/in English? I'd call around asking if any civil surgeon will accept foreign documents proving vaccinations, and transcribe them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Then you definitely need to go to a civil surgeon since it's required to have them now. No, in some ways the doctor in Mexico wasn't wrong since it's not required by a K1 applicant to have vaccinations prior to arriving to the US however it would've been nice if the webpage (USEM Mexico) would've provided the information anyways. He/she couldn't transcribe anything when not bringing the immu. records.

Is the immunization record translated/in English? I'd call around asking if any civil surgeon will accept foreign documents proving vaccinations, and transcribe them.

They won't transcribe anything to the DS-3025 in Mexico. At least that is how it was, but it seems it has not changed. My husband also received a useless blank DS-3025. They refused to transcribe his vaccinations onto it, and they refused to give him any shots he was missing, even when he offered to pay extra. They just will not deal with vaccinations for K-1 applicants. Sad but true.

NO, they didn't ask for them in Mexico when he had his physical. That is why he didn't bring them with him since he thought he wouldn't need them anymore. The ds-3025 like I said before its completely blank it just has his name and the signature of the doctor.

You cannot send in a copy of a blank DS-3025. You need to take his vaccination records with you to a civil surgeon. You do not need the whole medical again, but he needs to get his vaccinations transcribed to the I-693 and get any vaccinations he is missing. Lots of civil surgeons will try and rip you off and charge for the whole physical again, and/or insist you need the medical all done again, but you don't. Try and call around and see if you can find one willing to do just the vaccinations, which is all you need.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They won't transcribe anything to the DS-3025 in Mexico. At least that is how it was, but it seems it has not changed. My husband also received a useless blank DS-3025. They refused to transcribe his vaccinations onto it, and they refused to give him any shots he was missing, even when he offered to pay extra. They just will not deal with vaccinations for K-1 applicants. Sad but true.

I'll keep that in mind, great information even though it's ridiculous they won't transcribe them IMO.

Timeline

You cannot send in a copy of a blank DS-3025. You need to take his vaccination records with you to a civil surgeon. You do not need the whole medical again, but he needs to get his vaccinations transcribed to the I-693 and get any vaccinations he is missing. Lots of civil surgeons will try and rip you off and charge for the whole physical again, and/or insist you need the medical all done again, but you don't. Try and call around and see if you can find one willing to do just the vaccinations, which is all you need.

Good to know, are the vaccines a lot of money? Like I said before he forgot his immunization records in Mexico, I wouldn't want to pay for vaccines he already has. Thanks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.