meblue

How far in advance to schedule a medical exam in St. Lukes

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go to St. Luke's as soon as you get your Manila Case#. It's better to have it done early because you'll never know if they will ask you to undergo to a sputum culture or not. If you do, the result is after 8 weeks.

Just like in my case. I supposed to have my interview yesterday and i had my medical 2 weeks ago, but on the 2nd day, they told me i need to undergo a sputum exam because they saw the scar in my xray. Eventhough it's not active anymore, automatically you will undergo a sputum culture. So i had to cancel my interview and wait for 2 months to get the result of my sputum culture.

But if you are confident your lungs are clear, you can have your medical a week before your interview.

Goodluck!

Hi,

How far in advance to schedule a medical exam in St. Lukes. Is 1 week before the schedule of visa interview enough? I need advice. Thank you.

One week is risky. My wife and daughters results were not forwarded to the embassy until 12 days exam completed. And THEN we were placed in AR because they did not have her daughters results on hand. Our interview was about one month after medical.

Edited by love4life09

I'd get it done as soon as possible. If you do get the sputum test/culture , you don't waste 2-3 weeks waiting for your interview date that doesn't come due to the 2 month wait for the sputum culture. Just me though since we got popped twice with the sputum test due to scarring on my wife's lung. Best of luck to you!

Bob

Can My fiancee schedule and get her medical done as soon as we have our MNL number from the NVC? The case was sent to Manila yesterday.

Yes, as soon as you have your mnl number you can get your medical.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

I would recommend doing the exam waaaaaaay before 1 week. I am in Manila right now because we came for the medical exam/interview. My wifes interview was supposed to be on thursday but they told us we had to cancel it and come in next monday for sputum collection. My wife had TB when she was 3 and it left a scar, so it showed up on the x-ray, therefore they have to do the sputum culture as a precaution which take 8 weeks. We were devastated. I had no idea what sputum was before 3 days ago, plus we have a baby on the way.. such horrible timing. I hope you experience at st. lukes is much smoother than ours has been. Just a heads up, if you have a history of TB, expect to wait 2 months.

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

March 12, 2011 - Begin texting back and forth daily.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

June 23, 2011 - Formally propose.

July 23, 2011 - Married in Borongan City.

August 28, 2011 - My daughter is conceived (due on June 1, 2012) :D

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 8, 2012 - Case completed at NVC

March 20, 2012 - First day of med. exam.

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

March 29, 2012 - 3 day sputum test NEGATIVE (culture done on May 28th)

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

June 19, 2012 - Medical Exam Passed!!

June 22, 2012 - CRBA appt. for my baby girl. APPROVED!!! :D

June 26, 2012 - CR1 Visa Interview for my wife. APPROVED!!! :D

July 6, 2012 - Passport and CRBA in hand!

July 12, 2012 - Visa in hand!

July 19, 2012 - POE LAX!!

August 1, 2012 - Green Card Received!

event.png

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.