Marceonce

Waiting time is driving me crazy

25 posts in this topic

Did anyone apply for citinzenship in Greer SC? I am going insane waiting for them to send me an interview letter. They have to be behind with processing times. Yet, they reported to USCIS that they are processing N400 in 5 months. Well, my priority day is Nov 16, 2011 with no signs of movement yet. I am driving myself crazy. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........... PLEASE SOMEONE IN GREER SC HELP ME...

11/14/2011 Sent N-400 (Texas Lockbox)

11/16/2011 Priority Date

01/06/2012 Biometrics letter sent out

02/01/2012 Biometrics Done (Charlotte, NC)

02/03/2012 Placed in line for interview

04/16/2012 Interview Letter Sent

05/22/2012 Interview Date (Cancelled)

xx/xx/2012 Oath Date

They are just generally slow. Nobody know why but in my case? My ROC (751) is STILL FREAKING PENDING since June of last year! That's 9+ months. I'm qualified for N400 so I filed it today and I am not sure how long my naturalization process is going to be.

Sometimes it's amusing to see how they operate at such a slow pace.

They are just generally slow. Nobody know why but in my case? My ROC (751) is STILL FREAKING PENDING since June of last year! That's 9+ months. I'm qualified for N400 so I filed it today and I am not sure how long my naturalization process is going to be.

Sometimes it's amusing to see how they operate at such a slow pace.

You know what..seeing all these replies going back and forth about how people waited for more than 2 weeks and such for replies from USCIS has actually calmed down. I guess I should stop whining and just hope and pray for the best!. Hope everything goes well for you too man.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's not my location but check out my signature and you will understand what patience means. :lol:

Hang in there, your day will come.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Hang in there, you'll get through. We all went through this phase of waiting in our journey. You'll make it.

LISA and Phil,

You sent out your package on April 2 and got ur NOA 4 days later?!!!

Timeline

LISA and Phil,

You sent out your package on April 2 and got ur NOA 4 days later?!!!

Yup. It started so fast and slept on the way. :lol:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

Oh wow!

Mind if i ask why they reschedule your biometrics for a whole year

Because my fingerprints are not readable. Never work. So I have to get Police Clearance after doing 2 biometrics.

When I was waiting for AOS I had to do it 3 times (now they only can do 2) and it took over a year to get my GC. It always goes well with the petition, thank God, but with fingerprints messed up it always takes longer. Last year I could have called them and maybe it would have gone faster but I had problems (our kitty got sick, treatment and ended up dying and he was our baby and I got really depressed :( ). By the end of the year I got sick myself, so I just let it go. Got an appointment letter for January 2012 and could not go, so I sent it back and they rescheduled it (it was fast), so it was done in February and then interview on March 20. On my interview the Officer said she could not recommend for approval at that time because of my fingerprints, so I had to go get Police Clearance and sent it last week. Now, just wait (something I learned how to be used to LOL).

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Because my fingerprints are not readable. Never work. So I have to get Police Clearance after doing 2 biometrics.

When I was waiting for AOS I had to do it 3 times (now they only can do 2) and it took over a year to get my GC. It always goes well with the petition, thank God, but with fingerprints messed up it always takes longer. Last year I could have called them and maybe it would have gone faster but I had problems (our kitty got sick, treatment and ended up dying and he was our baby and I got really depressed :( ). By the end of the year I got sick myself, so I just let it go. Got an appointment letter for January 2012 and could not go, so I sent it back and they rescheduled it (it was fast), so it was done in February and then interview on March 20. On my interview the Officer said she could not recommend for approval at that time because of my fingerprints, so I had to go get Police Clearance and sent it last week. Now, just wait (something I learned how to be used to LOL).

Oh wow. Well its better now and hope everything comes to a wonderful end(your journey)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

During the AOS stage, can't even be with your loved one, those days passed by very slowly. During the ROC, your loved one can't work nor travel, also extremely frustrating, but at least you are together. With naturalization, have the ten year card and a current valid foreign passport, unless applying for federal job, really not much changes with citizenship. That's the attitude we had, and for some strange reason, that was the phase the moved the quickest.

Often wonder if they have some means to monitor your stress, the more stress you are in, the longer it takes. We really didn't care about the final stage and before we knew, had to pack up all the evidence and study for that civics tests. Initial letter we got said would take about a year, was done in 4 1/2 months. Could be 4 1/2 seconds for the USCIS, or 4 1/2 millenniums for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I know how frustrating it is.....it has been 4 months since I was placed in line for interview!

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Timeline

Oh wow. Well its better now and hope everything comes to a wonderful end(your journey)

Thank you! And I wish the same for you. :)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

During the AOS stage, can't even be with your loved one, those days passed by very slowly. During the ROC, your loved one can't work nor travel, also extremely frustrating, but at least you are together. With naturalization, have the ten year card and a current valid foreign passport, unless applying for federal job, really not much changes with citizenship. That's the attitude we had, and for some strange reason, that was the phase the moved the quickest.

Often wonder if they have some means to monitor your stress, the more stress you are in, the longer it takes. We really didn't care about the final stage and before we knew, had to pack up all the evidence and study for that civics tests. Initial letter we got said would take about a year, was done in 4 1/2 months. Could be 4 1/2 seconds for the USCIS, or 4 1/2 millenniums for us.

It's true NickD! I think the worst one was K-1 (waiting to be with my husband - fiance at that time) and after that AOS (I was worried because it took over a year to receive my green card. My ROC was really fast and N-400 it doesn't really matter if it takes longer, unless there's something to do as you said.

I know how frustrating it is.....it has been 4 months since I was placed in line for interview!

Did u try calling them?

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes I called them a few times and their response is that I am still under normal processing time.

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.