Bad_Daddy

Ukraine rape case sparks protests over investigation

37 posts in this topic

Ever heard of Rod Blagojevich?

They had him dead to rights. FBI tapes, the whole 9 yards. In Yulia's case they didn't have jack #######. She got that gas for well under the going rate of market price. She's a threat to Yanko and he had her imprisoned on trumped up charges. It's a popular thing in RUB countries...Russia, Ukraine (now), and Belarus. It's called dictatorship and that's how dictatorships generally work.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

They had him dead to rights. FBI tapes, the whole 9 yards. In Yulia's case they didn't have jack #######. She got that gas for well under the going rate of market price. She's a threat to Yanko and he had her imprisoned on trumped up charges. It's a popular thing in RUB countries...Russia, Ukraine (now), and Belarus. It's called dictatorship and that's how dictatorships generally work.

And Obama is a what?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Duly elected president of the United States of America! :)

Yanko wasn't elected?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

And Obama is a what?

Your going to compare Obama to Yanko? Seriously? That's like comparing standard of living in the US to the standard of living in Guyana.

I read a few of those yahoo articles whenever it has something to do with the RUB countries, and I see where posters have made post on the bottom of the article saying how bad we have it here with our politics and then try to make a comparison of here vs there. And I'm thinking to myself most of those wingnuts would p*ss their McDonalds, doughnut eating NASCAR watching pants if they ever moved to a country where the political scene was what some of us consider actually bad and had to deal with the cops there if they were deemed a threat to whoever was running the show.

Politicians imprisoned on trumped up charges, news services entirely shut down, journalist murdered, human rights workers murdered...even that lawyer I linked up above imprisoned on bogus charges and then beaten to death in prison for not playing the game over there in regards to extortion.

Again it's candy land over here compared to that #######.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Again it's candy land over here compared to that #######.

If you're subservient.

If you don't make any waves and you go on about your daily life without being too extraordinary, you're fine. But, when you start challenging the status quo, you'll go to jail for something.

Русский форум член.

Slim, you really like pulling his chain don't you. There is no comparison to US politics and those of most RUB countries. Freedom of speech, the press and right to assembly are not standard rights in many countries.

Slim, you really like pulling his chain don't you. There is no comparison to US politics and those of most RUB countries. Freedom of speech, the press and right to assembly are not standard rights in many countries.

Most RUB countries? How about all three. Since Yanko got elected Ukraine is pretty much on the same level with Belarus and Russia. NP, the more repressed those countries get means the more hot RUB chicks we get. It's a trade off.

sigbet.jpg

Damn, need mods to add a troll emoticon. Suppose this'll have to do:

spray_trollface_copy.png

Slade (this time)

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Freedom of speech in the US? Really? I come from Russia and I had more freedom there than I have here.

Americans think that they have more freedom, but they are not always right.

I talked to this Italian guy once and we started talking about the States, cause I've been to the US and he's been to the US once, so he was like: "In Italy I can do what I want... In the USA you get arrested for that" :rofl:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Freedom of speech in the US? Really? I come from Russia and I had more freedom there than I have here.

I talked to this Italian guy once and we started talking about the States, cause I've been to the US and he's been to the US once, so he was like: "In Italy I can do what I want... In the USA you get arrested for that" :rofl:

You can get in trouble in the US for racism, and not being "politically correct" in your speech. This country has went overboard on that imo.

On the other hand...well let's have look shall we. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press_in_the_Russian_Federation

Freedom of the press in the Russian Federation

http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/2011/russia

Russian media freedom remained extremely poor in 2010, with the Kremlin relying on alternatively crude and sophisticated media management to distract the public from widespread government corruption, domestic terror attacks, and the country’s economic crisis. Most state and private media engaged in blatant propaganda that glorified the country’s national leaders and fostered an image of political pluralism—claiming that President Dmitry Medvedev was leading the process of Russian modernization while Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was working to maintain stability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

List of journalists killed in Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Russia

Media of Russia

Two of the three main channels are majority owned by the state. First Channel is 51% publicly owned, while Rossiya is 100% state-owned through the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK). NTV is a commercial channel, but it is owned by Gazprom-Media, a subsidiary of Gazprom of which the state owns 50.002%. These three channels have often came under criticism for being biased towards the United Russia party and the Presidential Administration of Russia. They are accused of providing disproportionate and uncritical coverage of United Russia and their candidates. The channels do, however, provide large amounts of free airtime to all opposition election candidates, as required by law. During the Russian presidential election, 2008, the four presidential candidates all received 21 hours of airtime on the three main channels to debate each other and present their views.[16] According to research conducted by Professor Sarah Oates, most Russians believe that news reporting on the three national television channels is selective and unbalanced, but view this as approriate. The responders to the study made it clear that they believe the role of state television should be to provide central authority and order in troubled times.[17]

Main television channels

Rossiya - national, state-owned channel - news and entertainment

First Channel - national, state-owned channel - news and entertainment

NTV - national commercial channel - news and entertainment

Russia K - state-owned - culture and arts

Russia 2 - commercial - sports

STS - commercial - entertainment

TV Center - owned by Moscow city government - news and entertainment

Ren TV - Moscow-based commercial station with strong regional network

Russia Today - state-funded, international English-language news channel

Radio

There are three main nationwide radio stations in Russia: Radio Russia (coverage: 96.9% of the population), Radio Mayak (92.4%) and Radio Yunost (51.0%).[18] Although most radio stations focus on broadcasting music, they also offer some news and analysis. Especially famous is the independent station Echo of Moscow, known for its anti-government political programs.[19]

Radio Russia - national network

Radio Mayak - state-run national network

Radio Yunost - youth station

Echo of Moscow - news and analysis

Russkoye Radio - major private network

Voice of Russia - state-run external service, broadcasts in English and other languages

News agencies

Itar-Tass - state-owned

RIA Novosti - state-owned

Interfax - private

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

#154 Russia

sigbet.jpg

I stick to the facts. We're "supposed to" have freedom of the press, assembly, etc., but we really don't. Print something that upsets the status quo and see how long you're around.

It may not be the government henchmen coming to whisk you away, but I guarantee you'll be out of business. And freedom of assembly? HA! Try to get a group of people together that challenge the government. See how quickly you're face down on the pavement.

In the US you have the right to petition the government for their approval to do something. As long as you have a permit, a pass, license, etc., then you'll be alright.

Freedom of speech in the US is protected by law. That is not so in Russia. I don't think anyone could make the case that Russia has freedom of speech/the press.

So you're saying the US does? You don't think someone "proofreads" all our stories to make sure they're "acceptable?"

When was the last time you read something damaging to a high-level politician's career?

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I stick to the facts. We're "supposed to" have freedom of the press, assembly, etc., but we really don't. Print something that upsets the status quo and see how long you're around.

So you're saying the US does? You don't think someone "proofreads" all our stories to make sure they're "acceptable?"

When was the last time you read something damaging to a high-level politician's career?

You can't be serious! Look at all the cr@p on TV, radio, and printed in the papers accusing Obama of all sorts of things! He is the president! Nobody has more power! And before him people were not exactly kind to Bush and Cheney! How many of those people were 'disappeared'?

Things are not perfect here, far from it, but the reality is that we have it waaaaayyyy better than the people of the FSU!

You can't be serious! Look at all the cr@p on TV, radio, and printed in the papers accusing Obama of all sorts of things! He is the president! Nobody has more power! And before him people were not exactly kind to Bush and Cheney! How many of those people were 'disappeared'?

Things are not perfect here, far from it, but the reality is that we have it waaaaayyyy better than the people of the FSU!

Like 1HappyGuy pointed out...I think slim is just trolling for a reaction...at least I hope so. I mean if he's serious ...then #######...

Comparing rights in Russia to rights in the US is laughable at best. It took the cops how many days to finally lose their cool with that Occupy bunch. And when the press here rips the president you don't find then with a half dozen bullet holes upside their head while laying in a pool of blood in their apt. stairwell.

Gotta love Russia. Never had a democracy and most likely never will. And anyone on here that tries to say something stupid like "controlled democracy" can save it... there's no such thing as a "controlled democracy". That is a made up word by the Kremlin propaganda machine for tards who will buy into anything that looks shiny.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.