Ken&Ruzana

K1 Visa payment

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello

We have had our petition approved and it has been sent to the embassy in Moscow. My question is I am the petitioner from the USA and I want to pay the 350 fee for my fiance online with my credit card. Is it possible? Has anyone here done this before and if so what is the web address to do it?

Thank you Ken

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never did it. But many people wire the funds to beneficiary.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd recommend a post in your regional forum as I'm sure it differs from country to country. In Philippines it can only paid online if you have an account of the Bank of the Philippine Islands, for example, otherwise it must be paid in person. So as Kennard said, I will wire money to my fiancee when that time comes.

Regional forum might have more help for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello

We have had our petition approved and it has been sent to the embassy in Moscow. My question is I am the petitioner from the USA and I want to pay the 350 fee for my fiance online with my credit card. Is it possible? Has anyone here done this before and if so what is the web address to do it?

Thank you Ken

as far as I know this fee is to be paid in cash on the day of interview.

Payment. Please pay the application fee ($350 dollars for each applicant) ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW only after an Embassy employee instructs you to do so. We accept dollars and rubles. Credit cards are not acceptable. http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Timeline

I was told by a associate from Moscow that the information on the website is outdate and that it was changed last Fall. Also was told payment can be made online and also the interview is now scheduled online. I can find how my fiance can make it online because she is in Russia, was just trying to save the money from sending it western union.

Timeline

I was told by a associate from Moscow that the information on the website is outdate and that it was changed last Fall. Also was told payment can be made online and also the interview is now scheduled online. I can find how my fiance can make it online because she is in Russia, was just trying to save the money from sending it western union.

great.. one would think info on the embassy site is the most updated.. ((((( What else did they change there that we don't know about?! :wacko:

K1 Visa

Adjustment of Status

Removing conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

Well I when we find out I will sure let others know, as our application was sent to Moscow and should arrive by Monday. Hopefully her interview will be in 3 or 4 weeks :)

Timeline

Well I when we find out I will sure let others know, as our application was sent to Moscow and should arrive by Monday. Hopefully her interview will be in 3 or 4 weeks :)

Please do, and congratulations on your NOA2 approval!

K1 Visa

Adjustment of Status

Removing conditions

Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well I when we find out I will sure let others know

Have you looked at the link I posted above (in post # 4)? This is exactly where you need to go to pay the visa fee and schedule interview online in Moscow. However, when you get to the CC payment page - it is only in Russian, so you may need your fiancee help reading what it says :).

Good luck with the interview :thumbs: !

Timeline

What I find unusual about the online payment link is when you go there right at the top it states: "Any non immigrant visa applicant can pay their visa application fee by credit card. By agreeing to proceed with a credit card payment, the cardholder acknowledges that this is a non-refundable visa application processing fee. This is a payment required as a pre-requisite to the processing of an application, and the cardholder agrees explicitly that there is no refund possible regardless of the outcome of this application except in case of issuance fee. The issuance fee (or reciprocity fee) will be refunded to applicant as per post’s advice within 30 days of advice received from Post. The issuance fee will be refunded through one of the nearest Russia post branches. The cardholder agrees that the payment of the application fee is only for processing of the application. The payment amount to be charged to the card is intended to be in respect of non-refundable application processing fee by or on behalf of the applicant does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract with the applicant, nor does it guarantee a successful application."

The applicant agrees to provide the information below for the service delivery.

But then in the drop down for payment it lists the K-1 Visa. I am sure it would get routed correctly don't you?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

What I find unusual about the online payment link is when you go there right at the top it states: "Any non immigrant visa applicant can pay their visa application fee by credit card..."

But then in the drop down for payment it lists the K-1 Visa. I am sure it would get routed correctly don't you?

Technically K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. And since this is the official visa information website of the U.S. Mission in Russia, I'd trust them to process everything correctly. Oh well, if they fool you, there's still an option to dispute a transaction with your bank :)...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Have you looked at the link I posted above (in post # 4)? This is exactly where you need to go to pay the visa fee and schedule interview online in Moscow. However, when you get to the CC payment page - it is only in Russian, so you may need your fiancee help reading what it says :).

Good luck with the interview :thumbs: !

there is an english language icon in the top right corner of the russian bank website.

nevertheless, the payment has to be made by a credit card issued in russia.

I will send my fiance money via western union (as ive done in the past) and she will pay with her debit card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.