MarieandBryan

Is there any requirement on what to include in the letter of Intent to Marry?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are going to submit our I-129F this Saturday ( Texas,USA time). As of now, my fiance said our packet is 100% complete. We didn't hire a lawyer. We did the compiling of the documents on our own. As I read some posts in the forum now, I was a little worried when I came across with some ideas presented regarding the content of the Letter of Intent to marry. From one of the replies to a post, a VJers said his lawyer told him that in their letter of intent to marry he should write who they are as a person, how was it when they met finally and provide the reason on why u decided to tie a knot and it should be at least 2-3 pages. As in our case we are more or less following the format provided in VJ which is only a single page. Will the length of the letter will matter? For some, this question might be irrelevant or illogical but for us it matters a lot. As much as possible we want our petition to be smooth sailing as possible. So, what can u advise guys??? Your brilliant idea will highly be appreciated!!! Please help us out.. Thank you in advance…

Godspeed!

Marie

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

We are going to submit our I-129F this Saturday ( Texas,USA time). As of now, my fiance said our packet is 100% complete. We didn't hire a lawyer. We did the compiling of the documents on our own. As I read some posts in the forum now, I was a little worried when I came across with some ideas presented regarding the content of the Letter of Intent to marry. From one of the replies to a post, a VJers said his lawyer told him that in their letter of intent to marry he should write who they are as a person, how was it when they met finally and provide the reason on why u decided to tie a knot and it should be at least 2-3 pages. As in our case we are more or less following the format provided in VJ which is only a single page. Will the length of the letter will matter? For some, this question might be irrelevant or illogical but for us it matters a lot. As much as possible we want our petition to be smooth sailing as possible. So, what can u advise guys??? Your brilliant idea will highly be appreciated!!! Please help us out.. Thank you in advance…

Godspeed!

Marie

Hi, my husband now, used the usual letter of intent to marry that you find online when my husband first file our I-129F. But also, he include and wrote another letter introducing himself, where he is from and what his work, then about me, my work and our story where/when we met online, how far long as we know each others, the friendship turns love relationship, what our means of communication, lastly our plans in pursuing the application.

Gudluck!

rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

there is a wealth of information in the tabs and menus at the top of each page

good luck

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

DS-156K, if I'm not mistaken, asks for proof of engagement. So I guess people write new letters of intent to meet that requirement.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
DS-156K, if I'm not mistaken, asks for proof of engagement. So I guess people write new letters of intent to meet that requirement.

Oh, and d'oh. I didn't answer the question. We used a letter similar to the example provided on VJ (but they didn't ask for it).

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

hi there... i think its whatever pattern you followed as long as the intentions of marrying your fiance/e within 90 days of arrival is good enough. the basic pattern found on this site is good enough. put some words of your own is good enough too. so whatever suits u... so dont worry about it.

here's what i wrote then:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, Superwoman, born on the 25th of Dec. 1900, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry Superman, and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Superman and I are engaged on the 25 of Jan. 2006 in my hometown Small Ville, Phil. I am deeply in love with him, and we have a very strong and stable relationship that we commit to be married in the United States of America, and to build a strong household for our future happy family.

Yours truly,

Superwoman

note: name and date are change for confidentiality. tnx

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.