lethimrace

Immigration asks for a Tagalog written letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's parents are the ones receiving the notices from the immigration since my fiance is out to training for his deployment in iraq. Parents talked to me and said there are additional requirements needed. There are three actually that the immigration were asking but this one is kind of confusing me...they ask me to submit a Tagalog written letter or email that i wrote to my fiance. The immigration questions how me and my fiance understand our comunication when he speaks english and i speak Filipino/Tagalog. Of course i intended to speak and write english to him, even though he is filipino by blood still he does not understand straight tagalog. I never wrote my fiance a tagalog letter and that's what the immigration wanted me to submit to them. Am i going to make a Tagalog letter to my fiance? and send it over to his parents and parents will forward all the additional requirements to the immigration. I hope i will get any input.

Thank you very much.

cee

~*God Speed*~

Hi

I think this might be a slight error or miscommunication.

Although there is requirements to proove relationships such as letters, emails, cards, phone records etc. There cannot be any proof that you communicate in a specific language.

If you havent submitted any letters/emails, just submit the ones you have in English. If you have submitted them and they are specifically requiring you to submit more of them in another language, i would simply write a letter that "we communicate in english only".

Do you have any emails where you guys maybe used SOME tagalog? Like maybe the words he does know. Perhaps submitting these emails with a note that states you are fluent in english and he isnt - so you MOSTLY converse in english.

hope this helps

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
i would simply write a letter that "we communicate in english only".

Thank you sam. I hope they will accept that. Are they going to accept a video clip too? it has me and my fiance celebrating the holiday together, although they are not asking but they were asking of a photo that is time stamped (proof that we met within last year) and the photos my fiance have submitted were digital photos and it didn't have a time stamped on it like normal photos have.

thanks again

cee

~*God Speed*~

You know it wouldnt hurt to submit the video, but im not sure if they are going to accept it. BUT - it should be ok. People submit videos of thier weddings as marriage proof. so to use video to proove meeting should be just as fine. if i were you i might post a second message on videos. someone else might have already bumped into this issue themselves and know the answer.

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! I am filipina too and i wonder why they asked tagalog letters. Maybe its bec. your fiance is filipino too. On my own point of view. guess it is better to write a letter saying that u communicate through english only since ur fiance dont understand tagalog so well and it would be useless to write in tagalog letter then. The docs we forward to for proof of meeting and relationships are.. Photocopy of his passport, photocopy of electronic ticket, photocopy of receipt of hotel, snail mails, emails, chat conversations and pictures together. If you missed something. then guess it would be best to include it then. :)

July 7,2006 = received i-129f at NSC

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

Sept 18, 2006 = Finally! we got email notification of NOA2!!! :)

Sept 23, 2006 = NOA2 in mail

Oct 11, 2006= electonic mail of my case number! thanks God!

Feb 15, 2007 = interview (approved! thanks God)

March 8, 2007 = Arrived in Portland, Oregon

May 2007 AOS application

Aug 2007 Interview date but cancelled :(

praying for approval soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.