Ash&Dave

Need your help, USCIS still hasn't send the biometrics letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

I need some advice from you guys, I had a typo in the address in one of the forms (I 765) when I filed concurrently. One of the letters went back to the USCIS (on Feb 23rd) when I realized online, I called and fixed the address over the phone. I got a letter in the mail confirming the address was changed. They also gave me a service request number. I was told the letter which was undelievered (they couldn't tell me what it was, but I'm almost positive it was the biometrics appt. letter) will be resent within two weeks. It still hasn't showed up yet.

As a precaution, I scheduled a Infopass appointment for March 15th (which is tomorrow) hoping that I won't need to use it if the letter shows up before that, but it hasn't! Should I go ahead and go to the infopass appt. tomorrow or would it just be a waste of time? what do you guys think?

My only concern is that I've heard that if you don't show up for your biometrics appt (which I might have missed in my case as I didn't know what the date was) they may consider your case ABANDONED. That freaked me out, I honestly don't want them to assume that, I know it could be re-opened for a fee, but that would cause a huge delay in EAD and not to mention cost me an arm and a leg :)

I'm thinking If I show up there, the officer at infopass maybe able to print another biometrics letter, or if they can't at least they can make sure that the local biometrics office won't assume that the case has been abandoned!

What do you guys think I would do, I'm assuming it won't hurt to show up?

Any thoughts/experiences with info pass/ what to expect there and their ability to do certain things would also be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Info pass should get you back in the line. A lesson learned read and reread for all just starting out.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Timeline

USCIS typically sends out biometrics letter within 30 days of receiving your application. You should call USCIS customer service and request to speak to a tier 2 IO. He will be able to tell you the date the letter was sent out and when your appointment will be. I had to learn it the hard way because I never follow up on my biometrics letter and thus my case was considered ABANDONED and DENIED so now I have to start the application process all over again including service fee.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS typically sends out biometrics letter within 30 days of receiving your application. You should call USCIS customer service and request to speak to a tier 2 IO. He will be able to tell you the date the letter was sent out and when your appointment will be. I had to learn it the hard way because I never follow up on my biometrics letter and thus my case was considered ABANDONED and DENIED so now I have to start the application process all over again including service fee.

The 30 day timeframe for the bio letter is not always true. it depends on your local ASC and how busy they are. in my case i had just moved as well and did file a change of address. they told me the letter got sent but it never did. turned out the asc was so busy the info for the appt never was entered into the computer to even generate the bio appt letter. basically my file was sitting on a desk doing nothing but collecting dust.

if you have an infopass appt definately go to that, if you dont hear aything in a week call your local congressman. i finally got my bio letter 3 months after i did my AOS. which also delayed my green card. i also contacted uscis many times wrote down the name of the person time and date as well. and each time was told to call back in 30 days. they were also able to tell me i was outside the time frame and that they were working on appointments for people a few months after me. When i finally contacted my congressman, again due to the lateness of my green card it was sent out to me within a week of contacting her. Both times i called her and both times uscis got me what i needed inside of a week.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Thank you guys for your comments. I was really going to just go ahead and go to the INFOPASS appointment scheduled for later this afternoon, but it's about an hour drive from where I'm at, after reading your comments specifically what "Aaron Trinh" said about tier 2 representatives (I didn't even that I can ask for them, thanks :), unfortunately since it hasn't been two weeks yet since I called them and had the service request created, I wasn't eligible to talk to them yet (I'll be on the 17th which is Sat, so basically I can call them on Monday). Having said all of that, I just cancelled the infopass appointment for today!

From what the lady over the phone told me, most likely the infoPass folks would make a big deal about the fact that it hasn't been 15 days since the origianl call about the notice that was returned by the post office and I wouldn't want to be driving there twice in 4 days! I just booked another one for Monday just in case.

Timeline

The 30 day timeframe for the bio letter is not always true. it depends on your local ASC and how busy they are. in my case i had just moved as well and did file a change of address. they told me the letter got sent but it never did. turned out the asc was so busy the info for the appt never was entered into the computer to even generate the bio appt letter. basically my file was sitting on a desk doing nothing but collecting dust.

if you have an infopass appt definately go to that, if you dont hear aything in a week call your local congressman. i finally got my bio letter 3 months after i did my AOS. which also delayed my green card. i also contacted uscis many times wrote down the name of the person time and date as well. and each time was told to call back in 30 days. they were also able to tell me i was outside the time frame and that they were working on appointments for people a few months after me. When i finally contacted my congressman, again due to the lateness of my green card it was sent out to me within a week of contacting her. Both times i called her and both times uscis got me what i needed inside of a week.

Thanks for sharing your experience...sounds like I might have to get a congressman involved too :)

Based on what Aaron Trinh said above (30 days for bio) I did ask the lady I just got done talking to on the phone, she agreed that it's normally within 30 days from the date they receive the application. But I see your point, I desparetely need the EAD as I have a job offer but I can't accept :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.