just.chillchill

MEANING OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSNIN

53 posts in this topic

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Depends on the visa type

It can be anything from name checks, missing documentation, validity of the documentation, etc...

Some countries specifically Mena countries, have automatic AP.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

yes, we are in AP here is what they are doing

1.) checking your background/ name checks/ security checks

2.) checking your documents for authenticity

3.) the CO and his boss looking at it too to make sure you qualify

4.) just making sure you have everything and your not missing documents.

5.) maybe checking relationship

they are just checking on you to make sure everything is all set..if you are legit and your documents are legit then you hve nothing to worry about.

AP takes time so it is a waiting game can take weeks to months and few cases ( mostly iran or pakistan) take years. rare.

in this time just wait and you can call the Depaertment of State 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 and ask for case status ...ask if it is in AP in Washington or Embassy if in Washington they are doing security checks and if at embassy usually mandatory ap checking paperwork ..NO ONE gets visa on the same day as interview and MOST all people now days go through AP..especially MENA countries.

I wish you the best of luck and Allah be with you!!!! we are in the same boat.

after 5 months call your Senator or Congressman so they can make an inquiry ( you will have to sign a privacy statement and so will the benificary) Dont email or call the Embassy all they will say to you 9 if they answer the phone is your under AP and make take up to 60-90 days to complete. Just keep checking the website with your case number and call DOS. I really hope for all our sake that we will be done with AP very soon and our loved ones come home!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Means you wait some more, if you get to 5/6 months, go to your congressman.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

some one just mentioned either missing documents, name checks or relationship check....my question is if there was to be a name check done, then why wasnt it done before my interview. secondly, do they have any doubt in relationship?

ok, it is not that Administrative Procesing is a genric blanket term they use it is very vauge ..meaning it is maybe 1 thing or a few things they are checking. we dont know and they wont tell you. When you went for the interview did you get a blue slip or anything? blue green yellow marked in box 221G..explaining AP? and during the interview did they tell you your missing anything? did they ask alot of questions about your relationship? if not your fine ...dont worry...i was just telling you a varity of things they look for it is different in all cases and since you didnt give really any information to go on then i gave you all possiblities. as far as name checks and background checks ...yes, they do it for USCIS, AND national visa center. but the Embassy runs more extensive checks than they do to make sure. And just to let you know AP can happen any time in your process weather it was at USCIS or the NVC just so happens you got it in the end..everyone mostly has had AP or in it. and in the Arab world/ Islamic countries they are all in it. You are not denied...they would have told you so, just wait and see wt they say..im sure your ok. its VERY normal process. Like i said...if you are legit, and everything is legit and your honest the whole time you have nothing to worry about.

well, they didnt ask a lot of questions. they just asked basic questions regarding my relationship with wife. not much and then they gave me blue slip with the administrative processing box selected....and then they gave me my passport back too...and i also was not missing any documents

this is the exact same as how my husband explained it... verbatim...you are just like us, where did you interview at? where are you from?

my husband is Egyptian and living in UAE..interviewd in Abu Dhabi

ok then....here is what i think, since they ask you same basic questions and interview was ok and they didnt say your missing documents ( cause they would have told you) when she gave you the blue slip and your passport what did she say? did she mention the website?

same thing she told my husband ...except she said check in 2 weeks. from reading time line in UAE on here most ppl taking 1 -3 months for AP..we are just waiting again. they are checking us cause we are from MENA (Middle East and North Africa regions. Im telling you right now they are checking our documents and reviewing them and checking names/ back ground and doing security checks to just be sure. it is normal part of the process since we are in post 9/11. this is what i believe they are doing and my advice is this: since your from pakistan may take longer...if your AP goes over 5 months have your wife call her state senator / congressman and have them make an inquiry and start calling the embassy / emailing and bugg the hell out of them. InshaAllah you be so quick for you and me. If you were honest in your documents and everything is good and you dont have criminal record and she can afford you ( 125% above poverty) you are ok! Allah be with you and i wish you the best right now just wait and dont call or email the embassy..call the US Department of State at the number i gave you ask for case status..and be checking the website religiously.

i added you as a friend and we can keep in touch ..on my profile there is another person who went through Abu Dhabi and just had their interview and put in AP as well...you can add him too and see what his experience was ...we all had interview about the same time and at same place so, this should give you an idea and a feeling of reassurance your not singled out. InshaAllah everything will be ok. keep in touch through profile.

if you go to my profile and click on the box under my picture reads 'my content" you can read my posts i had the same questions as you ..i have called lawyers and ask this same question and all gave me same answers and im giving you. i have also called the congress man for texas and both senators and asked how to do inqury for this. and so i know how to do it if i need to when the time comes..i have read and researched peoples timeslines and read websites and anything i can think of i do this all day about 7 hrs a day reading ( no joke) im not as worried as i was a week ago when 1st hearing this news cause now im informed..and from so many ppl. but im still heartbroken and depressed my husband isnt here with us. we need him badly and miss him alot. our life is on hold cause of this. everyones is. so i am understanding to your situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.