a woman

Administrative processing Morocco consulate please share experiences

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi friends , i had my interview ON 6 March , they have all my documents , they ask me form tax 2010 and 2011. i gave them all docs asked .

in my interview i answered for all questions, but in final the consular officer told me ''every thing is okay , but we need to do some administrative processing so we will call you ''.

and she gave me my passport back .

without any receipt or any paper ...

how much time it takes for calling me for my visa ?

please if any one were in this situation at Moroccan consulate , please share experience with me .

i am very worry about that ..

as1csNEFg000000MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMTI2N2x8d2UgYXJlIGluIGxvdmUg.gif

an1cCDvFg1i0010MDAwMDEwN2x8MDAwMDEzZGF8TWFycmllZCAg.gif

F2a visa

08-08-2004 : meet my husband

11-19-2008 : marriage

06-14-2009 : Priority date

08-19-2010 : i-130 approved

03-06-2012 : interview date

result : Administrative Processing

04-02-2012 : VISA in hand Hamdolilah !!!!

Timeline

AP could last several months to several years you never know. All you can do it wait and give them what they ask for.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

F2a visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Also I've seen that when you have a priority date that isn't current they will not issue the visa until it becomes current even if they have told you that you're approved. When your PD is current then they will ask for your passport back and issue the visa.

AP can last for several weeks to many months which is normal and rare cases for over a year or more.

You can call DOS (department of state) and make phone inquiries to your case.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

tan&tuyet is right....

there isn't anything or anyway to speed it up.. after about 5 months you can begin contacting congressman or senator but they can't do anything but make inquiries... just lets the embassy know another govt office is watching that particular case and sometimes you actually get better info thru the congressman/senator about the case rather than DOS.

But you can begin calling DOS next week if it makes you feel better. Morocco is one of those countries known for AP or background checking and fraud investigations. You just have to wait it out.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can call DOS as stated previously and verify if you are on AP or AR. The biggest difference I have seen out of Morocco is time AP is a local check ours took 62 days and AR is a more extensive check in DC which can take much longer. The consulate website asks not to inquire for AP until after 60 days. I have also know a personal friend that was put on AP for 14 days then denied and packet was sent back to USCIS. I can only say stand by. My husband and I met a CO on the train from Rabat to Casa and he was very nice and told us "if the Embassey kept your packet and did not flat out deny the application then they are doing a background check and that is a good sign."

Good luck...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

the same here ,i had my interview june of 2011 still on AP since then everytime we email the embassy they say it still under AP when it over they going to call me im still waiting :innocent:

Timeline

Also I've seen that when you have a priority date that isn't current they will not issue the visa until it becomes current even if they have told you that you're approved. When your PD is current then they will ask for your passport back and issue the visa.

AP can last for several weeks to many months which is normal and rare cases for over a year or more.

You can call DOS (department of state) and make phone inquiries to your case.

thank you for your replay , My pd is current now . but in coming months i don't know what will happen :unsure:

F2a visa

Timeline

the same here ,i had my interview june of 2011 still on AP since then everytime we email the embassy they say it still under AP when it over they going to call me im still waiting :innocent:

Wow your AP has been long, hope you hear good news soon. I know the feeling of just waiting and not knowing when it will end, I will keep you both in prayer. :innocent:

Timeline

You can call DOS as stated previously and verify if you are on AP or AR. The biggest difference I have seen out of Morocco is time AP is a local check ours took 62 days and AR is a more extensive check in DC which can take much longer. The consulate website asks not to inquire for AP until after 60 days. I have also know a personal friend that was put on AP for 14 days then denied and packet was sent back to USCIS. I can only say stand by. My husband and I met a CO on the train from Rabat to Casa and he was very nice and told us "if the Embassey kept your packet and did not flat out deny the application then they are doing a background check and that is a good sign."

Good luck...

thank you very much MIBEN for your reply , i am very afraid for denied , i have already wait for 3 years and 4 four months away from my husband ..

pray for me .

are you under AP too ???

F2a visa

Timeline

Sorry for hear that it's a long time , wish your AP end soon

F2a visa

Timeline

thank you very much MIBEN for your reply , i am very afraid for denied , i have already wait for 3 years and 4 four months away from my husband ..

pray for me .

are you under AP too ???

My husband was on AP for 65 days, initially they never said approval or denial just that they had to review all the chats and supporting documents. The CO told my husband, "I will call you back in one week or two the latest." He gave him the 221g stating reviewing the application. We called back after 10 days and they said, "he is still reviewing the application but he will call when it is complete." after 14 days I emailed the Embassey and got no response. I finally called DOS after 40 days and was informed we were under AP that went on til the end of Jul when they called him back for a second interview. He was approved and he came home one day after he got the visa.

I met many people on Vj some with shorter AP and many longer wait time. Some they did not keep the passport others they did. All except one of those I met on AP got approved. Try not to worry, I looked at it this way. My husband has a clean record, is well respected in his cimmunity, we knew we were in a legitimate marriage. We provided proof of mortgage, insurance, joint accounts, joint tax return, visits, lol his cat loves me but beats up on family and friends this really pleased the CO, pics with extended family they all love me and the feeling is mutual. We hated the wait but I did not worry I knew they had to do their job and regardless of their decision they could never change the fact that he is and will continue to be my husband. Even though it would not be ideal we were ready to sacrifice either being apart a bit longer or my family relocating to Morocco. Either way we are and will be husband and wife. Keep positive thoughts it will be over soon.

God bless and will keep you in prayer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.