Rozytc

How to get URGENT travel document for travel?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all,

Any advice on how to obtain URGENT Travel document ? I was admitted via K1 Visa and am married to my sweetheart here ALREADY. We are planning to send the AOS package by this week. But there were some URGENT family matters, and I need to travel b4 the AP get approved.

How do I go about doing that?

Any advice will be appreciated

Check http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/emergency/index.htm.

I'll caution you that it may be better to simply wait-it-out.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Without an approved AP or a GC, there is no other way to travel outside of the U.S. and be able to be re-admitted upon your return.

If you leave the US without either AP or the GC, you will have to re-apply for a spousal visa and start the process all over from the beginning.

I got emergency AP when my Mom was in the hospital and I was needed back in Canada to find her a Care Facility because I held Power of Attorney for my Mom. I got a letter from my Mom's doctor describing her condition and that it was necessary for me to return to Canada. I took the letter to the local USCIS office in Seattle and was approved that same day and received my AP documents. But, the Seattle office already had my I-131 application at their office (at the time I applied, I-131's were sent to the local offices, not the Chicago Lock Box as they are now).

So, in your case, I would make an InfoPass appointment at your local office and ask what they suggest you do in your situation.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Rozytc,

Send an I-131 application for advance parole along with your application for adjustment of status. When you get the Receipt Notice make the InfoPass appointment that raymaga suggests, and go armed with as much documentation of the urgent family matter as you can.

If the folks at your District of Sub office agree that the matter is sufficiently urgent they may issue an advance parole document to you.

Yodrak

Hi all,

Any advice on how to obtain URGENT Travel document ? I was admitted via K1 Visa and am married to my sweetheart here ALREADY. We are planning to send the AOS package by this week. But there were some URGENT family matters, and I need to travel b4 the AP get approved.

How do I go about doing that?

Any advice will be appreciated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.