k_hudda

Best country

Best contry to live?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best country to live in north america?

• CANADA
    • AMERICA

53 posts in this topic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

there are many good things about both countries.

Auto insurance is better as insurance and registration are done at the same time and you can't have one without the other which makes more sense, no wonder so many people here drive without insurance.

medical plan is better in canada; however, techy wise it seems better in the USA

food is about the same

area wise of both counties I would pick the western usa and the western provinces of canada.

British Columbia is one of the most beautiful of provinces with a divesity of geographics, from deserts, to mountain peaks similar to the alps, to ocean beaches and white sand beach lakes, to vineyards and orchards. as for the climate it is much the same as northern usa.

Alberta is mostly plains similar to wyoming/oklahoma

Saskatchewan is farm land and very flat

if you want cold the the northwest territory and yukon territory and nunatuk territory on the artic ocean is cold.

the other thing about the climate in the winter is drier on the western sideso even though the temperature says 20 it feels warmer than most of us envision 20 to feel. a thick buffalo sweater is all you'll need. and snow snow snow, snomobiling, ski downhill and cross country, ice fishing, snoshoeing, snogolf( what a kick) things that can be done in both countries

fishing is fun in both countries, camping is pretty much the same and the people as alot the same.

so even though I voted Canada as that is the country of my birth and that is where my children live I basically think both countries have there good and bad points. It is all in how you view your life and the world around you. thinking positive brings positive. being with the one you love and who is your kindered spirit means it doesn't matter what country is better no matter where in the world you are from or where you are living.

Nadine

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> process

NOA1: ron mailed Feb 24/04

Noticed date Feb28/04

June 28/04 WE ARE APPROVED

July 6/04 We recieved our NOA2 in the mail

Aug 6/04 Package 3 arrived in the mail

August 13/04 FRIDAY got interview date and wedding dress (day 171)

August 19/ 04 medical

August 30/04 interview, Ron went with me APPROVED

September 1/04 Woke up in my own bed

October 9/04 our wedding day

November 4/04 recieved <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->ssn<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with married name

November 7/04 got new driver's license

AOS to Conditional Permanent Resident

Noverber 15/04 sent off AOS papers, now we wait yet again.

December 30/o4 fingerprints done

Feb. 1/05 walked in, applied and recieved AP

March 28/05 APPROVED now I am a CPR

April29/05 Green card arrived

jan 7/07 mailed removal of conditions app.

feb27/07 @11am go for biometrics again, ho humm this game is almost done

march 8/08 still waiting for permanent green card

april 15/08 finally after 15 months my 10 yr GC arrived

2009 need to renew can.passport, ug will all this never end

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journeys. What an interesting message thread, indeed! Lol...I can say that my vote would be, based on the following reasons listed below:

"The best country is.....The USA!!!" (And yes, I am looking forward to USA Citizenship)

Best about the USA

+Moist important of all (to me): My husband and family are here

+The friendlier attitudes that Americans have (from my experience anyways)

+Lower taxes and standard of living costs

+American patriotism. “The American Melting Pot” concept where we are all “Americans”, regardless of where we came from. One can say, “I am proud to be an American”, and there wouldn’t be any objection.

+The American Flag (Stars and Stripes Forever!) and The American Anthem

+Beautiful American scenery (Ahhh…I can see the natural wonders around me….)

+Beautiful lake effect countryside snow in the winter (that’s just a regional/area thing though)

+The greater selection for food and other products

+Convenient Drive-Thrus: Fast food, Banking, Pharmacy, all in the comfort of being inside a car

+Abundant amount of Government programs to help the poor and disadvantaged in society

+Paper dollar bills (sure is better than carrying all those loonies and twoonies around)

+USPS Postal Service: Delivery on Saturdays, The red flags on the mailboxes for the postal workers to pick up the mail for you (saves on unnecessary trips to the post office), Less expensive postage, Nicer postal workers (come rain, snow, shine, or sleet....)

On the other hand, I have lived in Canada before (heck, I grew up there for most of my life and have citizenship there), so I can say that I am ok about Canada too (although, to be honest with you, I wouldn't want to live there anymore), based on the following reasons listed below:

Worst about Canada

-Higher Taxes (15% is definitely too high!)

-Waiting for free healthcare (The words “sorry we are not accepting new patients”, and waiting for what seems like forever for treatment are quite familiar to many)

-Lack of patriotism. I mean, who really says “I am Canadian”, and people believe it? Too many immigrants (ironically, I was/am an immigrant too) and the assumption that one has to stick to their own culture group, other than being Canadian. For goodness sakes people, it’s Canada, not (insert name of other country here)!

-Heavy loonies and twoonies (I’ve broken a few wallets carrying those heavy things around. Why did they ever get rid of the dollar and two dollar bills?)

-Ugly city snow (that’s just a regional/area thing though)

Ant (Living the best and worst in both American and Canadian worlds…)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am Canadian :D I must say I love my birth country and I love my new country and I am proud to hold my head high for both!!! I guess the best thing too say is I am proud to live in North America and be an American!!!!

Nadine

Edited by ron&nadine

Nadine

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> process

NOA1: ron mailed Feb 24/04

Noticed date Feb28/04

June 28/04 WE ARE APPROVED

July 6/04 We recieved our NOA2 in the mail

Aug 6/04 Package 3 arrived in the mail

August 13/04 FRIDAY got interview date and wedding dress (day 171)

August 19/ 04 medical

August 30/04 interview, Ron went with me APPROVED

September 1/04 Woke up in my own bed

October 9/04 our wedding day

November 4/04 recieved <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->ssn<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with married name

November 7/04 got new driver's license

AOS to Conditional Permanent Resident

Noverber 15/04 sent off AOS papers, now we wait yet again.

December 30/o4 fingerprints done

Feb. 1/05 walked in, applied and recieved AP

March 28/05 APPROVED now I am a CPR

April29/05 Green card arrived

jan 7/07 mailed removal of conditions app.

feb27/07 @11am go for biometrics again, ho humm this game is almost done

march 8/08 still waiting for permanent green card

april 15/08 finally after 15 months my 10 yr GC arrived

2009 need to renew can.passport, ug will all this never end

Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journeys. What an interesting message thread, indeed! Lol...I can say that my vote would be, based on the following reasons listed below:

"The best country is.....The USA!!!" (And yes, I am looking forward to USA Citizenship)

Best about the USA

+Moist important of all (to me): My husband and family are here

+The friendlier attitudes that Americans have (from my experience anyways)

+Lower taxes and standard of living costs

+American patriotism. “The American Melting Pot” concept where we are all “Americans”, regardless of where we came from. One can say, “I am proud to be an American”, and there wouldn’t be any objection.

+The American Flag (Stars and Stripes Forever!) and The American Anthem

+Beautiful American scenery (Ahhh…I can see the natural wonders around me….)

+Beautiful lake effect countryside snow in the winter (that’s just a regional/area thing though)

+The greater selection for food and other products

+Convenient Drive-Thrus: Fast food, Banking, Pharmacy, all in the comfort of being inside a car

+Abundant amount of Government programs to help the poor and disadvantaged in society

+Paper dollar bills (sure is better than carrying all those loonies and twoonies around)

+USPS Postal Service: Delivery on Saturdays, The red flags on the mailboxes for the postal workers to pick up the mail for you (saves on unnecessary trips to the post office), Less expensive postage, Nicer postal workers (come rain, snow, shine, or sleet....)

On the other hand, I have lived in Canada before (heck, I grew up there for most of my life and have citizenship there), so I can say that I am ok about Canada too (although, to be honest with you, I wouldn't want to live there anymore), based on the following reasons listed below:

Worst about Canada

-Higher Taxes (15% is definitely too high!)

-Waiting for free healthcare (The words “sorry we are not accepting new patients”, and waiting for what seems like forever for treatment are quite familiar to many)

-Lack of patriotism. I mean, who really says “I am Canadian”, and people believe it? Too many immigrants (ironically, I was/am an immigrant too) and the assumption that one has to stick to their own culture group, other than being Canadian. For goodness sakes people, it’s Canada, not (insert name of other country here)!

-Heavy loonies and twoonies (I’ve broken a few wallets carrying those heavy things around. Why did they ever get rid of the dollar and two dollar bills?)

-Ugly city snow (that’s just a regional/area thing though)

Ant (Living the best and worst in both American and Canadian worlds…)

GREAT RESPONSE ...... APPRECIATE THIS.... :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi K_hudda,

Good luck on your immigration journey. Thanks for this interesting topic. As for my response in your thread, it was from my original response in the message thread that I started "Best/Worst in Canada and the USA" (from Regional Discussion-Canada section of the VJ boards). For more info on my answers about the Best/Worst of the USA and Canada, check out the following link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=714289

Ant

GREAT RESPONSE ...... APPRECIATE THIS.... :)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The US is great but I noticed that the people in the Philippines are much happier with much less than most Americans I have ever met.

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!