busywoman

LPR processing wife's petition

6 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am helping a daughter's friend while processing his papers for his wife. I do not recall much from the processing I did for my daughter. So here's the case:

LPR husband petitioned wife, priority date became current November of last year. He paid the visa and somehow along the way they stopped the papers. (their fault because they lag off. So here I am, trying to help.

I will be filing out I864 and I864A (for his sister) that will help him with affidavit of support. On the 1st page, do I also check box "e" and the first box since he will be filing I864 and an i864A from his sister?

Also,for the DS230 that his wife needs to submit to NVC does she need to include civil documents such as both of their birth certificates, their marriage certificate and is she going to need to add I864 affidavit of support papers as well?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am helping a daughter's friend while processing his papers for his wife. I do not recall much from the processing I did for my daughter. So here's the case:

LPR husband petitioned wife, priority date became current November of last year. He paid the visa and somehow along the way they stopped the papers. (their fault because they lag off. So here I am, trying to help.

I will be filing out I864 and I864A (for his sister) that will help him with affidavit of support. On the 1st page, do I also check box "e" and the first box since he will be filing I864 and an i864A from his sister?

Also,for the DS230 that his wife needs to submit to NVC does she need to include civil documents such as both of their birth certificates, their marriage certificate and is she going to need to add I864 affidavit of support papers as well?

Thank you!

hi,

does his sister live with him that she would be filing the i864A? if not, then she has to file an another i864 as joint sponsor.

Timeline

hi,

does his sister live with him that she would be filing the i864A? if not, then she has to file an another i864 as joint sponsor.

yes, they both live in the same house. I assume I would use I864A for his sister since they're in the same household right?

What about the 1st part of the I864? the one where it says I am the petitioner, that I know I will check. Is there any other more boxes I have to mark?

Timeline

I am a little bit confused with filing out the first part of the I864. Here's where it gets confusing for me:

Check box "d" if you are the only joint sponsor or box "e" if you are either of two joint sponsors. A joint sponsor must be a person, and may not be a corporation, organization, or other entity. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the intending immigrant. Indicate whether you are the only joint sponsor or one of two joint sponsors. Check with the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant if you are not certain.

Basically, LPR husband needs to use the sister who lives in the same house to be able to meet 125% above poverty line. Which box do I check? box "D" as only joint sponsor and have his sister fill out I864A or check box "E" and still have his sister do I864A?

Please help! Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am a little bit confused with filing out the first part of the I864. Here's where it gets confusing for me:

Check box "d" if you are the only joint sponsor or box "e" if you are either of two joint sponsors. A joint sponsor must be a person, and may not be a corporation, organization, or other entity. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the intending immigrant. Indicate whether you are the only joint sponsor or one of two joint sponsors. Check with the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant if you are not certain.

Basically, LPR husband needs to use the sister who lives in the same house to be able to meet 125% above poverty line. Which box do I check? box "D" as only joint sponsor and have his sister fill out I864A or check box "E" and still have his sister do I864A?

Please help! Thank you!

hi, the i864 is individual, per person, the petitioner spouse, will mark, I am the sponsor on his i864. On the i864A. she isn't a joint sponsor, she is the household member, it is a contract between the sponsor and the household member. on the i864A, she will mark 8. C Relationship to sponsor, I am the household member I am related to the sponsor as his or her, and mark brother or sister.

both will have to send proof of relationship, such as copy of their birth certificates, to show proof that they are siblings and proof that she lives at the same address as the petitioner, plus the normal supporting documents.

Timeline

hi, the i864 is individual, per person, the petitioner spouse, will mark, I am the sponsor on his i864. On the i864A. she isn't a joint sponsor, she is the household member, it is a contract between the sponsor and the household member. on the i864A, she will mark 8. C Relationship to sponsor, I am the household member I am related to the sponsor as his or her, and mark brother or sister.

both will have to send proof of relationship, such as copy of their birth certificates, to show proof that they are siblings and proof that she lives at the same address as the petitioner, plus the normal supporting documents.

thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.