listeria

Adding child later/ does child need to attend interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ashu,

congrats Ashu. Wondering if your child also needs to attend the interview or your wife will leave child's passport with US consulate for visa stamping.

My wife's PD is Dec 9, 2010 and we are expecting baby in mid Sep 2012. I am really confused what to do-I'll certainly add my baby as derivative. What should I do if wife's PD does not become current until Feb 2013. The reason I am asking this is because I complete 4 yrs 9 months by end of Oct 2012 and elibible to apply for Citizenship in Nov 2012 and hope to have citizenship certificate by Feb/Mar 2013. This complicates the case further as my child aslo needs to have separate I-130 be filed and wait for USCIS/NVC process over.

Although my wife can get her visa immediately after I become citizen, she can not travel with my baby. Are there any avenues that I can apply for I-130 for our baby immediately after birth. citing my interest in becoming citizen.

I would appreciate if someone shed some light on this issue.

thanks

Hello, Ali. My wife case was completed April last year and the PD is Sept 2, 2009. We had a new baby in November so I called NVC to add her to the application. NVC opened the case and I deposited $ 404. and they accepted the application and competed the file on February 3rd. Now I just called NVC at 11:50PM on March 6, (around 2 PM EST) and the good news, M wife is scheduled for interview for April 05, 2012. Let me know if you have any question. Inbox me your number and we can assist. I am sure your daughter interview wil be scheduled by now.

Goodluck

PD: 12/09/2010; Visa Approved: 04/29/2013

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your newborn will be added to the petition for your wife. Derivative beneficiaries are allowed in the F2a category.

If you get your US citizenship, you can upgrade the cases. The I-130 for your child could be expedited so both mother and child can immigrate at the same time.

Timeline

What is basis to expedite form i-130 for baby's. USCIS expedite services -humanitarian. NO premium processing available for i-130 right now.

Your newborn will be added to the petition for your wife. Derivative beneficiaries are allowed in the F2a category.

If you get your US citizenship, you can upgrade the cases. The I-130 for your child could be expedited so both mother and child can immigrate at the same time.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
What is basis to expedite form i-130 for baby's. USCIS expedite services -humanitarian. NO premium processing available for i-130 right now.

If you naturalize then your wife's case will be upgraded to IR-1. There is no derivative for an IR-1 Visa so your child would need an IR-2 Visa which requires an approved I-130.

With the child's I-130 petition on the cover letter state specifically that you are requesting expedited processing as the child's mother has an approved I-130 petition and they need to travel together. You should include the USCIS Case Number for your wife.

Timeline

Thanks a bunch.

If you naturalize then your wife's case will be upgraded to IR-1. There is no derivative for an IR-1 Visa so your child would need an IR-2 Visa which requires an approved I-130.

With the child's I-130 petition on the cover letter state specifically that you are requesting expedited processing as the child's mother has an approved I-130 petition and they need to travel together. You should include the USCIS Case Number for your wife.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.