pugsly

can somebody help me

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance had his interview on May 30. They put him on adminstrative processing. The security checks were clear at the end of september. He got his second interview on October 3. He brought in his proof of ongoing relationship. She asked him questions he answered correctly. She told him she didnt believe the relationship was real. She didnt give him any paper . Anyway i called DOS 2 times and they said he is on security checks. I emailed the embassy and they said they are sending the pendition back to NVC for them to review and DHS will contact you for further instructions. I never heard of them sending it back to NVC has this happened to anybody before? He is from pakistan but living in a different country. Please help if you can. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Same thing happened to me and my fiance. And for the same reason. We have since contacted a lawyer and awaiting our NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny ) letter. The DOS said it could take at least four months to receive it, then we will have 30 days to reply with reason why it should not be denied.

Good Luck

Vicki/Bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

But i called the DOS and they said they ordered new security checks and it was not sent back to ins or nvc. Thats why i am confused. The embasy wrote me and told me that its being sent to NVS for review. DOS said they dont have any note of that being done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pugsly,

I would email the embassy and ask them the status of your case? If you were in Administrative Processing and in Administrative Review at the same time some of the security checks that cleared could of become invalid since they are only good for so long. That could be why you are in checks again. Some cases go in AR and AP if your from Pakistan. We were in AP and it is black abyss with no information given other than your in AP and they will contact you once your processing is finished. Our lasted for 5 months.

Secondly if they are sending it back to the USA you need to confirm it and start getting a lawyer and paperwork together for your NOID.

Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are you sure they sent it to the NVC? From what this sounds like is that they are sending it back to the Service center that initially approved the petition. This is serious business, you need to find out for sure if this is what is going on. Hopefully the DOS is right, but I suspect that they just don't have the updated information.

I seriously suggest that you contact your local congressman/senator, and see if they can help you find out what is really going on. Then come back here and let us know.

If it was in fact returned we have a great group of ladies here that can help guide you on what do do next.

Good luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

this is what the embassy wrote me

Thank you for your message regarding the immigrant visa case of your fiancé. After a careful review of the petition that was filed for Mr. x, the consular officer has decided to send the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC) with a recommendation that they review the petition. The recommendation is based on facts the interviewing officer obtained during the beneficiary’s interview at the US Embassy in Tbilisi .

You will be contacted by DHS directly with further instructions

How can i find out what the facts are? I am afraid to write them again i dont want to make matters worse. Also as of yesterday he was still on security checks in washington. I dont know what to do at this point.

Timeline

You seriously need to get your congressman/senator involved. I am 99% sure that they are sending it back to the USCIS that initially approved your petition. I suspect that they put the NVC because it is routed first through the NVC and then they forward it to the service center that approved your petition. In their comments they will give specifics of why they feel that your relationship isn't valid, but they won't give it to you until they send out the NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke). Even then sometimes they don't give you the specifics.

If my suspicions are correct you are in for a lengthy process. This is what they did to us. My husbands interview was on 8/24/05 and he still isn't with me.

Don't despair though, there are several of us from Morocco that had this done to us. So far 2 of our group has proven their case and now has their husbands with them in the US. I have had my petition reaffirmed (approved the second time), and it is now going back to the consulate to complete processing. So yes it is time consumming, but no it is not hopeless.

Your congressman/senator cannot do anything to speed up the process, but they can monitor it so that they keep them active on the case. You see, the second approval isn't considered high priority, and they will get around to it when they have time. You need a little muscle behind you to keep the petition alive.

There are many other steps to take, but I don't want to overwhelm you with all of it now. Start with that, and once you know for sure what has happened we can all help guide you from there.

Hugs to ya,

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi MarynMian

I just read it and i feel scared too that cases relating to PAKISTAN, the embassy look at u with utmost suspicious despite your relation is real and true. I want to tell u that i applied for visit visa twice in may and agust 2004 respectively but i was denied. At first time the counselor officer didnt not pay any attention to any of documents and plus the sponsor letter send by my fiance to visit her she simply ask me how u know her and did u ever met her and i told her that why i m applying for visa and second time the counselor officer was kind enough he was guy and he listened me properly and excuse me that i cant give u a visa now we applied for K1 after 2 years do u think still they look at us as suspicious eyes becoz i m from PAKISTAN.

Pls reply me with ur advice pls thanks MARYNMIAN

Well they were very suspicious of him. They wanted to know why he was in this country and asked if there was any other pakistanis there. We had all our paper work in order and i just know they were looking for him to make some kind of mistake in both interviews. They called him for second interview and wanted him there in 2 hours with his proof of ongoing relationship (which he had) and then was surprised when he showed up with the proper paperwork. The consulate asked him when he printed the paperwork out thats how i know they were surprised. He answered all questions correctly then she said i dont believe this relationship is real. Then she told him i am putting this petition in retrification, which he insists that is the word she used which i have no idea what that means. And that was that. He left.

Timeline
Well they were very suspicious of him. They wanted to know why he was in this country and asked if there was any other pakistanis there. We had all our paper work in order and i just know they were looking for him to make some kind of mistake in both interviews. They called him for second interview and wanted him there in 2 hours with his proof of ongoing relationship (which he had) and then was surprised when he showed up with the proper paperwork. The consulate asked him when he printed the paperwork out thats how i know they were surprised. He answered all questions correctly then she said i dont believe this relationship is real. Then she told him i am putting this petition in retrification, which he insists that is the word she used which i have no idea what that means. And that was that. He left.

Retrification, I believe means to rectify. And from that I am assuming they want to rectify the petition. Which to me still means that they want the petition revoked because they don't believe your relationship is real.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.