Slade&Natasha

My Interview Experience

59 posts in this topic

I think Slim may have a point though, the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa and in the past the vaccinations were not required for the visa. They ARE required to do AOS though, which is where you sort of go from 'non-immigrant' to 'immigrant' status. But maybe that has changed?

Fact of the matter is - I've described what my experience was going through all this. I've been living with and married to my husband throughout all this, so in general, it differs to what the average K-1 applicant has to go through.

At my medical exam, for an immigrant visa I needed vaccination records, which I brought with me. However, I stated that whilst waiting for my turn at the medical exam, I witnessed some rough treatment towards the people who did not bring sufficient records of vaccinations - why that was, I have no idea, nor do I know what kind of visa they were applying for and why.

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

This was my story about going through the immigration process with the type of visa I had

It was an awesome write-up and I thank you for sharing. I'm sure it will help some folks through the visa process.

However, as I read through, it seemed to me that vaccinations were now required for visa issuance. As you've pointed out, that IS the case for an immigrant visa. It's unclear whether it's required for non-immigrant visas such as K-1 and/or K-3. That's where my confusion came from and it's possible someone else reading it had the same conclusion.

At current, I do not know so I'd encourage anyone who does know to chime in here. As the point of this whole thread is to assist folks going through the medical, I'd like to have the issue resolved. When I read it I thought, "Anyone missing a shot needs to cancel their interview." I hope that's not the case. But, if it is, we need to make sure folks know about it.

That's all I was going for. If I was being snarky in my responses, it was not in relation to this issue.

slim - enough.

Since you're my favorite mod.... done.

(Official business only though since there is still a legitimate VJ issue. I'm sure others can handle it though so I'll bow out.)

I think Slim may have a point though, the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa and in the past the vaccinations were not required for the visa. They ARE required to do AOS though, which is where you sort of go from 'non-immigrant' to 'immigrant' status. But maybe that has changed?

That is my point. If anyone knows the answer and current requirements, please post them here. As I said above, I'm simply trying to determine if folks are missing "required" vaccinations if they need to verify they can get them at their medical or reschedule their interviews until after they've had their shots.

What I can see happening is someone all ready for their big trip to Moscow and then they go reading this thread (or others like it) and then cancel their interview, delay their trip a few months, and have to track down somewhere to get a chicken pox test.

Perhaps that's unnecessary. But, like I said, I don't know. Maybe they do have to do that now. (Where's Gary when we need him?)

Fact of the matter is - I've described what my experience was going through all this. I've been living with and married to my husband throughout all this, so in general, it differs to what the average K-1 applicant has to go through.

At my medical exam, for an immigrant visa I needed vaccination records, which I brought with me. However, I stated that whilst waiting for my turn at the medical exam, I witnessed some rough treatment towards the people who did not bring sufficient records of vaccinations - why that was, I have no idea, nor do I know what kind of visa they were applying for and why.

The way I read that was they won't get their visa without their vaccinations.

It's already been noted that I have reading issues.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

"Anyone missing a shot needs to cancel their interview." I hope that's not the case. But, if it is, we need to make sure folks know about it.

Quote where that exact phrase was said, I'd like to see. I'm having trouble locating it.

And what kind of person would cancel a trip to Moscow based solely on a thread they read on VJ, anyway?

Does the K-3 visa even exist these days? Since you're going down the non-immigrant visa route.

This thread was initially, about immigrant visas - and in my replies, I kept conveying what I believe is true, or what my opinion is, or what my experience was in the context of immigrant visas, specifically, as an applicant married to and living with a USC. What is so difficult to understand there? And why are you arguing with me about non immigrant visa requirements?

The way I read that was they won't get their visa without their vaccinations.

It's already been noted that I have reading issues.

IMMIGRANT VISAS, slim. Like the one I was applying for. It's part of the requirement for immigration applicants.

Why are you bringing up non immigrant issues, when I repeatedly tell you, that I am talking to you about -immigrant- visas and the aspects revolving around that. Then you tell me I am confusing the non immigrants - I am -not- talking about non immigrant visas, my experience and depiction of events is about another subject.

You are the one who's likely going to confuse people - Russian citizens married to US citizens who could possibly be looking for information and come across this thread, based on looking up spouse immigration and the timeline Slade and I have on here, and will read the thread only to see you going on about how they don't need vaccines for immigration? You don't think that could be potentially confusing? Does it not go both ways in that respect?

I believe a separate thread for the non immigrant visas such as K-1 and the vaccination requirements or therefore possibly lack of, is what's needed here. And you being the one who's most concerned, I think you should be the one to start it and do some research on the matter, don't you think?

Our timeline:

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

That's all I was going for. If I was being snarky in my responses, it was not in relation to this issue.

Don't forget to link your new thread on here, to make sure that we eliminate ALL confusion about non-immigrant vaccination requirements!

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the report and congratulations on the results. Yeah,opening the nevelope is something people ask about here all the time, so it is not a heinous crime, just a nuisance.

Sounds like they have a real b!tch working there and that is too bad as there didn;t seem to be any need for that. Once everything is settled you may want to contact the consulate and report that.

Moscow does not allow the US citizen to attend the interviews, Kiev does and I have never heard of such behavior there (not to say it never happened) but I think 3-4 US citizens sitting just a few feet away may temper things a bit

On the other hand, Ms Congeniality (love the name) sounds just like any number of low level Ukrainian bureaucratic clerks I dealt with. Some people get a little authority, or think they do, and go a bit ape-sh*t with it. Wait until you deal with the US Social Security office :lol:

Best of luck to you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Are vaccines now required for the interview?

This is an immigrant CR-1 (DCF) visa so YES. K-1sstill do not require them, but they are needed for AOS

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I could not care less about what you do, try to do, or fail to do.

Can you go troll someone else, elsewhere? Seriously. You're getting petty. Or go back to the pronoun thread and continue arguing with me over how to pronounce 'coffee' in Russian. Leave this thread alone.

Actually Slim is right and YOU are wrong, or maybe the other way around. You see, you BOTH are wearing blinders. The CR-1 is an immigrant visa and requires the vaccinations. There also IS NO "AOS" as it is included with the visa.

The K-1 on the other hand (that Slim used) is a NON-immigrant visa and does NOT require vaccinations at all. The vaccinations are required before the K-1 adjusts status.

You are both right and you are both ignorant of the other types of visa requirements. There is nothing worng with either situation and no need for personal insults. You are both assuming that whatever YOU did applies to everyone and every visa. Not the case.

Your single experience, Natasha, while interesting, is an anomoly as compared to dozens of other interviews reported here and given your response to Slim may have been partially self induced.

Slim is a long time member of VJ and this sub forum and I assure you he is not trolling (if you find hom over in the UK sub-forum he MAY ne trolling)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You know, anyone else asking I'd totally understand. I'm quite certain that slim is in this thread solely for the purpose of being annoying because as he's already stated:

You should not continue this.

K-3 and K-1s are NOT immigrant visas and immigrant visa rules do not apply. The clue is in the term "IMMIGRANT" why anyone who even knows what google is would apply the requirements for an IMMIGRANT visa to a NON-IMMIGRANT visa is beyond me.

Perhaps some basic reading comprehension is in order.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They STILL are not required for the K-1. There have been no changes. AOS is exactly where you go from "non-immigrant" to "immigrant" Not "sort of". That is why they are needed at that stage and not before.

UNTIL the AOS is completed the K-1 is nothing but a 90 day visitors visa ...with benefits. :P

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is an immigrant CR-1 (DCF) visa so YES. K-1sstill do not require them, but they are needed for AOS

i was wondering who would be the one to notice that. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The smart one. :whistle:

Charles, you are a Texican so you can appreciate this. One day I was working on the fence at the west side of our property, there was a road around the perimeter (tire tracks type of "road") and I looked up the fenceline and several hundred years up the fence three turkey gobblers were trying to get through the fence. The kept running an crashing into the hogwire part at the bottom of the fence. It apparently not occuring to any of them they could FLY OVER the fence, they finally gave up and walked back into the brush from the way they came. :whistle: No doubt cussing the damn fence!

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I've been saying it all along.. =/

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Thanks for the report and congratulations on the results. Yeah,opening the nevelope is something people ask about here all the time, so it is not a heinous crime, just a nuisance.

Sounds like they have a real b!tch working there and that is too bad as there didn;t seem to be any need for that. Once everything is settled you may want to contact the consulate and report that.

Moscow does not allow the US citizen to attend the interviews, Kiev does and I have never heard of such behavior there (not to say it never happened) but I think 3-4 US citizens sitting just a few feet away may temper things a bit

On the other hand, Ms Congeniality (love the name) sounds just like any number of low level Ukrainian bureaucratic clerks I dealt with. Some people get a little authority, or think they do, and go a bit ape-sh*t with it. Wait until you deal with the US Social Security office :lol:

Best of luck to you.

Thanks! And yeah, the open envelope was more of a '*jaw drop* ####### do I do now?!' kind of scare more than anything else, I was glad to be able to sort it out easily though, that's for sure.

'Ms Congeniality' was actually Slade's idea!

And ya know, I know she was giving me a hard time for one reason or other, generally, I would not have cared, had it not been for my 4 year old being with me. I still don't think I care enough to file an official complaint.

I'm not looking forward to having similar experiences here, what with getting my married name stamped on my travel passport (at the Russian embassy, freaking w00t >.>), amongst others, but ah well, I'm just glad that the initial hurdle is over and done with, you know?

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.