Slade&Natasha

My Interview Experience

59 posts in this topic

as a matter of fact, after reading the story about "Ms. Congeniality"( :thumbs:) I start thinking that this kind of "I can spit on you and you have to love it" attitude is common among Russian staffers in different embassies. I have been a subject for their moody treatment a couple of times but I just learned to ignore them. Disturbing part is that once one jerk wanted me to hand deliver an original of the document that I was missing, stating that yes, I had to take 18 hours one-way train trip and one back to Moscow if I wanted visa. Yet, the moment an officer (the foreigner) heard our conversation (luckily he was standing nearby) he overruled jerk's order and said that a faxed copy was totally acceptable (btw, the document was of no importance). I am sure that such things happen all the time but not everyone is lucky enough to have an officer intervene and stop despotism.

Yep, that attitude is very familiar. I actually have had ugly run-ins with Russian staff in embassies more than I care to recall - the Korean embassy recently, now that woman was obnoxious. She literally said 'Just because your husband is American, you think you can jet all around the world, just like that?!' I was like O.o 'uh.. no, not really, that's why I'm here to apply for a visa..'

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Are vaccines now required for the interview?

If a person is missing any vaccine that is on the 'required vaccinations' list, this would be determined during the medical exam - there's the option of getting them done on the spot. If you have had too few done and need say, 5.. I'm not sure if the clinics would administer such a cocktail at once, and thus.. most likely they wouldn't give out the sealed envelope, or at least not with a complete 'go ahead' from a successful medical exam. Being that is part of what's needed in order to successfully pass the interview, I'm not sure whether anyone would want to schedule an interview if you are missing documents from the medical exam, as that would presumably not go over well.

Our timeline:

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

If a person is missing any vaccine that is on the 'required vaccinations' list, this would be determined during the medical exam - there's the option of getting them done on the spot. If you have had too few done and need say, 5.. I'm not sure if the clinics would administer such a cocktail at once, and thus.. most likely they wouldn't give out the sealed envelope, or at least not with a complete 'go ahead' from a successful medical exam. Being that is part of what's needed in order to successfully pass the interview, I'm not sure whether anyone would want to schedule an interview if you are missing documents from the medical exam, as that would presumably not go over well.

I thought vaccinations were for AOS and not the interview.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I thought vaccinations were for AOS and not the interview.

Are you genuinely asking or just trolling for lack of better things to do? I don't even know with you anymore.

Required Medical Examination (Complete before visa interview)

Important Notice : Immigrant visa applicants should complete their medical examinations with authorized physicians before their scheduled interview dates. If you complete your medical examination after your visa interview, processing of your immigrant visa case will be delayed until the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has received your medical examination results. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their medical exams prior to their visa interviews.

Obtain the following records and bring them to your examination:

Your vaccination immunization records

Any prior chest x-rays

Copies of your medical history records

Your passport, identity card, laissez-passer, or travel document

Vaccinations

What vaccinations are required?

The following vaccinations are required for immigration purposes:

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Penumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

What do I do if the applicant does not have a vaccination record?

The panel physician will work with the applicant to determine which vaccinations the applicant may need to meet vaccination requirements.

In other words, administer on the spot - because you need to get them done before your interview. Otherwise, my presumption is that at best, your case is delayed, at worst you are denied because you did not meet the medical requirements.

After successfully passing the medical exam - you get a sealed envelope to pass on the the embassy with your application and a chest x-ray that you had done at the medical exam, which you don't need to bring to the embassy.

You also get handed a photocopy of a document the medical exam physician put together for you (that is presumably, also in the sealed envelope for the embassy). All your vaccines (to date) are listed in a table. This you get to keep for yourself, and use in the States for whatever you need/want that requires it. Presumably, for the AOS if need be, that's what would be used for the 'vaccination assessment'.

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Are you genuinely asking

Yes. To my knowledge the vaccinations are for AOS and not for initial entry since anyone can get vaccinated in the US. As I understood it, USCIS couldn't deny entry based on vaccinations. (Consider that vaccinations aren't available in all countries and/or cost a bunch of money the average immigrant may not have.)

The following vaccinations are required for immigration purposes:

Read that one carefully. For immigration purposes. Not necessarily for visa issuance.

my presumption is that at best, your case is delayed, at worst you are denied because you did not meet the medical requirements.

Your presumption is no different than my presumption - not necessarily the facts.

At current, I have no idea what the requirements are for visa issuance. Back in the day when I sponsored someone to come here, they didn't need their shots to get their visa. They did, however, need them for AOS.

That may've changed and your presumptions could be correct. What I try to do when I presume something is let folks know I'm presuming something and not advise them on things I don't know about. Hence, why I don't "help" so much here in the RUB forum. I haven't stayed current with what's required and what's not because, quite honestly, I don't care.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Yes. To my knowledge the vaccinations are for AOS and not for initial entry since anyone can get vaccinated in the US. As I understood it, USCIS couldn't deny entry based on vaccinations. (Consider that vaccinations aren't available in all countries and/or cost a bunch of money the average immigrant may not have.)

Read that one carefully. For immigration purposes. Not necessarily for visa issuance.

Your presumption is no different than my presumption - not necessarily the facts.

At current, I have no idea what the requirements are for visa issuance. Back in the day when I sponsored someone to come here, they didn't need their shots to get their visa. They did, however, need them for AOS.

That may've changed and your presumptions could be correct. What I try to do when I presume something is let folks know I'm presuming something and not advise them on things I don't know about. Hence, why I don't "help" so much here in the RUB forum. I haven't stayed current with what's required and what's not because, quite honestly, I don't care.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

In order to assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination

Edited by Slade&Natasha

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

What I try to do when I presume something is let folks know I'm presuming something and not advise them on things I don't know about. Hence, why I don't "help" so much here in the RUB forum. I haven't stayed current with what's required and what's not because, quite honestly, I don't care.

I could not care less about what you do, try to do, or fail to do.

Can you go troll someone else, elsewhere? Seriously. You're getting petty. Or go back to the pronoun thread and continue arguing with me over how to pronounce 'coffee' in Russian. Leave this thread alone.

Edited by Slade&Natasha

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you go troll someone else, elsewhere? Seriously. You're getting petty. Or go back to the pronoun thread and continue arguing with me over how to pronounce 'coffee' in Russian. Leave this thread alone.

A K-3 is a non-immigrant visa, so I can see where there would be confusion.

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa.

So it's required now. Do you happen to know when it became a requirement?

You sure cared in that other thread. Why the change of heart? Because of the change in visa procedures?

I thought you said it was "KOH-fye?"

Whoops!

But there are no pronouns in the visa process. How could this happen?

Русский форум член.

So it's required now. Do you happen to know when it became a requirement?

Are you incapable of using Google? Everyone else manages, with great success!

Whoops!

Glad you have your facts straight now.

And yes, it's 'Koh-fye' from 'кофе', glad I taught you to read a 4 letter Russian word, sad that no one had bothered before.

Anything else you'd like to ask due to your inability to use a search engine?

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

You know, anyone else asking I'd totally understand. I'm quite certain that slim is in this thread solely for the purpose of being annoying because as he's already stated:

I haven't stayed current with what's required and what's not because, quite honestly, I don't care.

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Anything else you'd like to ask due to your inability to use a search engine?

How many Russian/American couples do you know? How long have they been married? How many relationships did they go through before?

You know, anyone else asking I'd totally understand. I'm quite certain that slim is in this thread solely for the purpose of being annoying because as he's already stated:

Naw, it's just that since you're the new self-appointed "helper" in the RUB forum, I figured you ought to have your facts straight before you go tellin folks what they "need" for their visa interviews.

I admire that you're trying to help. (That's why we're all here, isn't it?) But you have to keep in mind different visas do change the process slightly and what you needed may not be what someone else needs. With a little time, I'm sure you'll be able to field all the Q&A posted here - and do so without getting ruffled.

This is a great forum. But, if you're going to get all worked up over stuff, you might wanna try the UK or Canada forums. They'd be much more to your liking.

Русский форум член.

How many Russian/American couples do you know? How long have they been married? How many relationships did they go through before?

Wowza, all about me? You're starting to seem obsessed with me.

Naw, it's just that since you're the new self-appointed "helper" in the RUB forum, I figured you ought to have your facts straight before you go tellin folks what they "need" for their visa interviews.

I admire that you're trying to help. (That's why we're all here, isn't it?) But you have to keep in mind different visas do change the process slightly and what you needed may not be what someone else needs. With a little time, I'm sure you'll be able to field all the Q&A posted here - and do so without getting ruffled.

What are you on about? This was my story about going through the immigration process with the type of visa I had as well as the outcome, and it's made ridiculously obvious that this was the type of experience I had, not a template for what's about to happen to everybody.

People have already found this thread helpful - nobody's putting a gun to their head and telling them to read it, they choose to all by themselves. Get over it! :rofl:

Got a problem with this thread? Report it to the moderators - if they deem it misleading, not helpful, off-topic, out of point or in any other way inappropriate, I'm sure they will be prompt to delete it.

I think you should try a 'Butthurt Anonymous' forum that would cater to all your current needs, because the only one who's worked up here, is clearly you. You've blatantly got your panties in a twist for one reason or other, and you're chasing after me for the sole purpose of arguing, and you are SO pathetic for that.

Get a gym membership instead, clearly, you could use some endorphins. You're far too petty of a person for me to waste my time any further.

Our timeline:

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

slim - enough.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think Slim may have a point though, the K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa and in the past the vaccinations were not required for the visa. They ARE required to do AOS though, which is where you sort of go from 'non-immigrant' to 'immigrant' status. But maybe that has changed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.