davcrouse

Petitioning for parents of a us citizen

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently petitioning bring my parents to the U.S. as permanent residents from Moldova (I-130). We filed in October and are expecting an answer at any time. My parents are currently in the United States visiting on a visa (b-2?). On the application I listed their address in Moldova because I wasn't sure where they would be when a decision was made on their application. They are visiting for us for 6 months and aren't scheduled to leave until July, so I am pretty sure that the decision will be on the petition will be made while they are visiting. I am going to go to info pass asap, but does anyone know if they will just interview here in the us if the petition is approved, or do I need to file an I-485 to change the status? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently petitioning bring my parents to the U.S. as permanent residents from Moldova (I-130). We filed in October and are expecting an answer at any time. My parents are currently in the United States visiting on a visa (b-2?). On the application I listed their address in Moldova because I wasn't sure where they would be when a decision was made on their application. They are visiting for us for 6 months and aren't scheduled to leave until July, so I am pretty sure that the decision will be on the petition will be made while they are visiting. I am going to go to info pass asap, but does anyone know if they will just interview here in the us if the petition is approved, or do I need to file an I-485 to change the status? Thanks in advance for all your help.

did you file an i130 for each of them? the i130 is only the first form, once they are approved they will be sent to the NVC or National Visa Center for consular processing, as you stated that they were living in their country and would go through consular processing.

after the i130s get to the NVC, there are more forms and documents to submit. there is no interiew with only the i130.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

hi there, if you listed your parents address in Moldova the whole process will be done there no matter if they are at this moment or until July in the US...You file I-130 so you should receive NOA1 than NOA2 once that happen your case is moved to NVC that will ask you for lots of support documents etc..etc..etc..once after that your case is done with NVC that will send your parents case to Moldova so the US Consulate will request a Medical Exam after that a interview so when they are successful a Immigrant visa will given from there they can Immigrate to the US and after a month of entering the US they should get their Green Card on the post. Ufa..well go to the top of the page and have a look on guides it should help you....and please read read read read a lot to get this together in you head.

Best of Luck

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Thanks for the replys. Aleful, to answer your questions, I did file and I-130 for both of them. Their I-130's are still processing. I haven't arrived at stage 2 of the process yet, but I have all of the supporting documents ready when asked. After I turn in the rest of the documents and the case is turned over to their consulate then does the consulant contact them, or do they (my parents) contact the consulate? I am just curious because they are currently here and their consulate will not be able to get in touch with them in their home country because they're not there. I am taking it from benuk's response that they will have to interview in Moldova regardless of where they are. Is it possible for them to interview here? Thanks again for all your help.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the replys. Aleful, to answer your questions, I did file and I-130 for both of them. Their I-130's are still processing. I haven't arrived at stage 2 of the process yet, but I have all of the supporting documents ready when asked. After I turn in the rest of the documents and the case is turned over to their consulate then does the consulant contact them, or do they (my parents) contact the consulate? I am just curious because they are currently here and their consulate will not be able to get in touch with them in their home country because they're not there. I am taking it from benuk's response that they will have to interview in Moldova regardless of where they are. Is it possible for them to interview here? Thanks again for all your help.

Hello again,stage 1 is USCIS that is around estimated 5 months process,stage 2 is NVC that depends on you how long you send all the paperwork required by them and stage 3 is Consulate processing that will depend on Medical Exams and interview dates! Now how probably you should know CSC and VSC are taking longer that the estimated processing time to approve I-130 some petitioners are coming closer to 7 months way out of the 5 months target...so I can say that for sure your parents will be back in Moldova by the time the Consulate get in touch with them and have a look on the WIKI for NVC processing so you will have a clear picture what happens after the I-130 get approved.By the way the Consulate will get in touch with them by email or slow mail.You are in the right track putting all the documents together and keep reading...reading...reading and learning!No they cannot be interviewed in the US and is not the right track assuming that they are on a tourist visa B1/B2 this is nothing but Immigration Fraud very risk plus you already started processing a oversea case.

Just do it right!

Edited by benuk

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.