bradyvicky

3-part Question...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

1. The current online version expires 9/30/06, however older versions are good until 10/19/06. You think the current one will be good past 10/19/06???? Deciding whether I should fill it out in advance or wait till I reeive mine because mine should come right around the expiration date.

2. Required Income Evidence - seems to be that only stated income is necessary, no proof of income unless they state they need it. Anyone ran into this being problem and had to send evidence later? Required Taxes Evidence - only one years copies now needed unless more is requested later? Seem right to you?

3. The instructions no longer say put "n/a" into areas that dont apply. Leave them blank? Whats your vote?

Thanks as usual....hope all is well in waiting-land out there!!!!!!!!

Brad & Vicky

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

You can visit us at: www.BradAndVicky.com

CR-1 Process (I-130)

06/02/06 - I-130 received @ USCIS Texas Service Center

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Dated 6/22 & check cashed

08/29/06 - Approved by email - 91 DAYS!!!

09/05/06 - NOA2 received by mail

09/20/06 - NVC assigned Case #

10/02/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/04/06 - DS3032 Shortcut Emailed & AOS Fee Bill Shortcut Sent

10/06/06 - Received email acceptance of DS3032

10/18/06 - Received & Returned IV Fee Bill

10/20/06 - I-864 Package Generated, Shorcut Sent

11/01/06 - DS-230 Package Generated, Shortcut Sent

12/01/06 - Case Complete!!!

12/07/06 - Case sent to US Embassy, Bogota

01/15/07 - Received packet from Bogota!

01/30/07 - Bogota Interview - Approved! (visa received same day)

02/08/07 - Welcome to the E.U. mi Amor!

1. The current online version expires 9/30/06, however older versions are good until 10/19/06. You think the current one will be good past 10/19/06???? Deciding whether I should fill it out in advance or wait till I reeive mine because mine should come right around the expiration date.

2. Required Income Evidence - seems to be that only stated income is necessary, no proof of income unless they state they need it. Anyone ran into this being problem and had to send evidence later? Required Taxes Evidence - only one years copies now needed unless more is requested later? Seem right to you?

3. The instructions no longer say put "n/a" into areas that dont apply. Leave them blank? Whats your vote?

Brad & Vicky

1. Someone who receives the I-864 from NVC can tell you what is the expiration date written on his/her I-864. In order to be safe, you can wait until you receive the I-864 packet from NVC.

2. You only required to submit your most recent year's tax return. But you may submit your last 3 years' returns, if you want. The I-864 is nto required to be notarized.

3. Never leave any space blank. Either write "NONE" or "N/A" depends on which one is appropriate to you.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Brad & Vicky

1. Call and ask the NVC to put your mind at rest.

2. Yes you only need to send your last years tax return

3. Never leave any areas blank. use either n/a or none depending on the question.

Goodluck on the rest of your journey ! :thumbs:

Timeline

Brad & Vicky

1. Call and ask the NVC to put your mind at rest.

2. Yes you only need to send your last years tax return

3. Never leave any areas blank. use either n/a or none depending on the question.

Goodluck on the rest of your journey ! :thumbs:

Thanks y'all.... needed a little confirmation there to rest easy!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

Filed: Timeline

Brad & Vicky,

1. Yes.

2. I think it would be prudent to document any claims you make.

3. Assume that all questions apply and give a meaningful answer. There is always a better answer than 'N/A', even when 'N/A' does apply (a wondering case officer may want to know 'Why does this not apply to you?' - anticipate such reaction and answer in advance).

Yodrak

Brad & Vicky

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you sure there is no requirement for an employer letter and paystaubs, to show current employment?

There have been many RFEs sent for these items.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I received my I-864 package from NVC this week, 10-1 and the I-864EZ I completed in that package also had an expiration date of 9/30/06 so it is obvious NVC is not that concerned.

Brad & Vicky

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline

Are you sure there is no requirement for an employer letter and paystaubs, to show current employment?

According to the I-864 instructions, on page 7, it states you MAY include evidence supporting the claim of income IF you believe submitting this evidence will establish your ability to maintain sufficient income. Then it says you are only required to submit this evidence if instructed by a Government Official.

I understand it to mean that if your previous year tax returns dont really meet the grade desire, and if your previous job(s) this year up until recently also arent good enough, then your CURRENT evidence to show that you are on track is needed. However in my case, my Taxes are all good and my current pay rate supports continued improvement. I will send some paystubs just to be safe, but having to go much further I think is doubtful.

I'll bet that those who have received RFE's on this have something else in the income history that caused some doubt as to their consistency of the level of income.

PS....thanks to the others who also have responded with facts/opinions!!!! :thumbs:

CR-1 Process (I-130)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

According to the I-864 instructions, on page 7, it states you MAY include evidence supporting the claim of income IF you believe submitting this evidence will establish your ability to maintain sufficient income. Then it says you are only required to submit this evidence if instructed by a Government Official.

I understand it to mean that if your previous year tax returns dont really meet the grade desire, and if your previous job(s) this year up until recently also arent good enough, then your CURRENT evidence to show that you are on track is needed. However in my case, my Taxes are all good and my current pay rate supports continued improvement. I will send some paystubs just to be safe, but having to go much further I think is doubtful.

I'll bet that those who have received RFE's on this have something else in the income history that caused some doubt as to their consistency of the level of income.

PS....thanks to the others who also have responded with facts/opinions!!!! :thumbs:

If you read the instructions on the uscis.gov forms page, they read:

Special Instructions:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

Proof of current employment or self employment

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

The posters in the thread about the I-864 RFEs do not have unusual situations, they simply read the instructions differently than I do. They read it like you do.

You did ask if others have had this RFE and I answer that they have. Best wishes.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

bradyvicky,

I think that that wording is unfortunate. In my opinion you should expect that submitting the mentioned evidence will establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you should not expect that your unsupporte word will be sufficient.

There is anecdotal evidence accumulating that Government Officials will intruct people to submit evidence of current income.

Yodrak

Timeline
If you read the instructions on the uscis.gov forms page, they read:

Special Instructions:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

Proof of current employment or self employment

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

The posters in the thread about the I-864 RFEs do not have unusual situations, they simply read the instructions differently than I do. They read it like you do.

You did ask if others have had this RFE and I answer that they have. Best wishes.

uuhhhh, ok?

I didnt say anything about the posters in this thread, just RFE's in general.

I already agreed with the fact the most recent years tax-forms are required.

Thanks anyway!

bradyvicky,

I think that that wording is unfortunate. In my opinion you should expect that submitting the mentioned evidence will establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you should not expect that your unsupporte word will be sufficient.

There is anecdotal evidence accumulating that Government Officials will intruct people to submit evidence of current income.

Yodrak

I agree with you on that. I believe the new wording opens it up to people submitting very little, thus resulting in a quicker RFE, as opposed to the old opinion of over-submitting the first time! I just thought it was unbelievably different this time around, when last time IHAD to submit a heck of a lot more!

Edited by bradyvicky

CR-1 Process (I-130)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.