makidesuu

Already 2 months past from interview...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

It has been 2 months already since our interview and getting worried now... There was a reason why we should be worried....

The interview we had went just fine and the officer even told us that we got approved and GC would be sent within a few weeks. However... during the interview, when the officer left office for making a copy for our marriage certificate, my husband said to me that he didn`t know I came to the cityhall with my friend when we met there for the first time. He was surprised to know that when I told about that to the officer during the interview and he wanted to make a commnet on that as soon as the officer went out of the room. We also said how hard her questions were and that was all. soon the officer came back to the room and asked some more questions and approved us. I didn`t even make a big deal about this conversation with my husband at that time.

Now, I am really worried that the officer might check the hidden video somewhere in her room and deny our case due to our conversation. I talked to our lawyer about this and he said that it is reallly rare to put hidden video camera in the room to check the conversation and if they video the couple, it is usually in the place they can notice. I am so stress out over this every day and just regret that we had that kind of conversation in the room...

I can't see how your conversation could have any bearing on their decisions even if they had they a 'hidden' camera. It is probably a good idea to make an infopass appointment and ask what has happened. At least that way you will know. :)

I wish you luck and a speedy GC.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the officer told you that you were approved and the green card would be mailed out in a few weeks, it would be a whole lot smarter to concentrate on finding out where the green card is. Did your lawyer mention that the idea of a hidden camera in the room or that this conversation could in any way impact your case was rather absurd? Did he mention anything helpful regarding how to find out the status of the green card? Infopass . . . and try not to get so paranoid!

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. Just made a infopass next week to see what is going on. I saw the website where poeple mention not to talk about interview questions nor make comments when an officer happen to leave room for copy or something because they can always use the video tape to see what they talked about and can deny the case later. I am worried if the officer would wonder why my husband didn`t know I came to the cityhall with my friend when he met me there for the first time... :( I hope all the stress and worry goes away after infopass next week. I am so tired...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Thank you for the reply. Just made a infopass next week to see what is going on. I saw the website where poeple mention not to talk about interview questions nor make comments when an officer happen to leave room for copy or something because they can always use the video tape to see what they talked about and can deny the case later. I am worried if the officer would wonder why my husband didn`t know I came to the cityhall with my friend when he met me there for the first time... :( I hope all the stress and worry goes away after infopass next week. I am so tired...

Good luck! I got my I-551 stamp during an infopass (after my interview) today. I wondered if I would have gotten my approval so fast if I didn't bug them during an infopass as until now, USCIS website still says that my AOS is being processed and haven't been touched since Aug 17.

Sincerely,

Miwa's wife

Timeline

Thank you for the advise miwa. I will bring my passport just in case. Just wonder how you know your GC is pending for FBI security name check. My case will be different since I had already done with biometric before the interview and my name is not really popular so it is easy to get checked up. I reallly feel peaceful now for receiving advices from nice poeple thank you very much. (F)

Timeline
Thank you for the advise miwa. I will bring my passport just in case. Just wonder how you know your GC is pending for FBI security name check. My case will be different since I had already done with biometric before the interview and my name is not really popular so it is easy to get checked up. I reallly feel peaceful now for receiving advices from nice poeple thank you very much. (F)

We were told by the CIS officer at the end of the interview that although our interview went ok, my AOS was pending the FBI name check. Both my husband and I have very unique names too and shouldn't have taken along time to check.

As for my fingerprints, I called the FBI number (posted here earlier), and found out that it was sent to them on the same day of my biometrics and the results were returned to the USCIS on the same day.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Miwa's wife

Timeline

Miwa, Thank you for the reply. so you mean that FBI result had actually returned to the USCIS before the interview date?

Timeline
when we had our interview, officer told us it was being video taped..

Hi juiya,

I am very sorry that happened to you and really feel that could happen to me too at the moment. I`d rather have another interview again if I could... Do you have a lawyer to help you with your pending case? It sounds very unfair to just ignore your GC for such a long time even after you have passed the separate interview. I saw an article talking about a couple that had been called for the second interview and the officer approved them right after the interview and granted for GC. I really doubt if they have been investigating your marriage for 1.5 year.. sounds like they just keep pasting the same word on your record without updating. Even other serious criminal cases cannot hold the investigation due to the tight budget. Hope you can find the way to talk to people and settle the ongoing issue.

As for the video at your interview, was it hidden or placed ?

Filed: Timeline

Hi juiya,

I am very sorry that happened to you and really feel that could happen to me too at the moment. I`d rather have another interview again if I could... Do you have a lawyer to help you with your pending case? It sounds very unfair to just ignore your GC for such a long time even after you have passed the separate interview. I saw an article talking about a couple that had been called for the second interview and the officer approved them right after the interview and granted for GC. I really doubt if they have been investigating your marriage for 1.5 year.. sounds like they just keep pasting the same word on your record without updating. Even other serious criminal cases cannot hold the investigation due to the tight budget. Hope you can find the way to talk to people and settle the ongoing issue.

As for the video at your interview, was it hidden or placed ?

It was right there on the monitor, no hidden camera. No we do not have a lawyer, thy won't be able to do anything anyways. The reason we were not contacting our Senator, was because when we went to the office, we were told that we shouldn't rush anyone. Well, today is our 2 year anniversary and I called our senator to get help on this case. :yes:

Timeline

Happened to us too. In fact, she switched on the machine in front of us right before she sworn us in.

Miwa, Thank you for the reply. so you mean that FBI result had actually returned to the USCIS before the interview date?

I understand there are at least 2 results from FBI, 1 is the simple fingerprints, the other, the name check. My finger prints result were returned before the interview date (on the biometrics date) but I guess the name check took longer.

Timeline

It was right there on the monitor, no hidden camera. No we do not have a lawyer, thy won't be able to do anything anyways. The reason we were not contacting our Senator, was because when we went to the office, we were told that we shouldn't rush anyone. Well, today is our 2 year anniversary and I called our senator to get help on this case. :yes:

[/quote

Hi Miwa,

Congratulations on your 2year anniversary! Hope everything will go just fine (F) I will go to infopass next week and will post what is going on.

Timeline

I understand there are at least 2 results from FBI, 1 is the simple fingerprints, the other, the name check. My finger prints result were returned before the interview date (on the biometrics date) but I guess the name check took longer.

I see. I didn`t know there are 2 checks at FBI. Thank you for the info. I tried to call USCIS yesterday just to see if I could get something about my case even if I had already made an infopass for next week. My case on USCIS screen has been the same since May 2006 when they replied to me for the receipt for an additional info. Even after received interview mail from them in July 2006, the screen note remained the same. So, anyway, I called USCIS and asked for my case, then the lady who answered the phone checked my case and said to me, "we receive your birth certificate as a additional info in May and please wait until we inform you on your case." She just read my case on the screen..and did not know if I had an interview... Even more, she asked me if I am applying for GC renewal...? I hope people at Infopass will have more detail than looking at the screen which I can even check here at home... :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.