American Carry protection in Philippines

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mean like a defensive weapon? Even if you win, you lose. There are more Filipinos that you, they don't like to lose, and don't fight fair. Second, Filipino prisons are dark overcrowded holes, and a Kano like you wouldn't survive the night. Best thing is to avoid such places, watch what you say (they take insults seriously), avoid competition (they don't like to lose, and they don't play fair), and trust your wife/fiancee to keep you out of trouble. Don't wander off on your own. Don't get caught alone.

Amen Brother!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Or protection choices -

Trojan or Lifestyle ???

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: There is a Big Difference between a Condom and a Knife. Bringing a Knife is bad. Bringing a 12 pack of Condoms is like saying "Enjoy your stay".

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I carry these

sponsored.jpg

Large. OMG! Remember, they have to fit or they will just fall off. LOL

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

And for sure LISTEN to your Fiancee!

She will be in a strange areas most of the time. I plan on staying on the road most of my trip der. Wake up and see where a road or a flight leads us. Go there like it stay a few days, don't like it then move on to the next place.

I will more than likely be the tour guide or more like the blind leading the blind.

Timeline

I carry these

sponsored.jpg

HA! I'd burn through a 3 pack just playing Smiles on A. Santos St. At least start out with a dozen pieces, then if you bring home 12 you have some left over for the next time.

Forget the weapons, there is a reason why they send a family member with you when you cross the street to buy smokes and San Mig. Chances are they will leave you alone if you are with a local.

As an aside, a small canister of pepper spray held in your fist is popular among some ex-pats. You are watched everywhere you go by someone, and there is always a monkey in the woodpile, diba?

My wife didnt want me wandering off alone at night, but i did anyhow. She was genuinely afraid of me doing that, so I never told her I did. Looking back I was stupid for not listening to her. But I always have been a risk taker.

Timeline

Situational awareness is always important, but especially so in the Philippines where you are out of your element. That's your best bet there, plus take the usual precautions to not be carrying around wads of cash, have any money you do carry well hidden in your clothing with only a small amount easily accessible from a separate pocket. And I always live by the rule "don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things"... that keeps me out of 95% of the trouble I could find myself in anywhere.

I normally carry pepper spray in the US (has come in handy for dogs that attack) but relying on it or any thing else in Philippines for defense is going to be a lot riskier. I'd be fine carrying a pocket knife such as a Swiss army knife or a Leatherman in the Philippines, but I wouldn't rely on it for defense... don't bring a Leatherman to a gun fight.)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mean like a defensive weapon? Even if you win, you lose. There are more Filipinos that you, they don't like to lose, and don't fight fair. Second, Filipino prisons are dark overcrowded holes, and a Kano like you wouldn't survive the night. Best thing is to avoid such places, watch what you say (they take insults seriously), avoid competition (they don't like to lose, and they don't play fair), and trust your wife/fiancee to keep you out of trouble. Don't wander off on your own. Don't get caught alone.

:thumbs:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Enjoy the Philippines and meet all the good people as I did. Be wary of Goverment Police/Guards, Patrols,Security at Airports.

Even Mc Doos and Jollebee have Armed Guards with Shotguns and you :rofl: want a "Box Cutter"

Yea they have Shotguns, but they have no bullets to put in them. It all for show

Timeline

Situational awareness is always important, but especially so in the Philippines where you are out of your element. That's your best bet there, plus take the usual precautions to not be carrying around wads of cash, have any money you do carry well hidden in your clothing with only a small amount easily accessible from a separate pocket. And I always live by the rule "don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things"... that keeps me out of 95% of the trouble I could find myself in anywhere...

Yup. He asked for advice and got it, but doesn't like what he's read. Fairly warned, be thee, says I.

Sooo...

th_r4dies2.jpg

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Just buy pepper spray once in the philippines....

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.