JOEMYSTERIO

G-325A city and country of birth error

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and have found this place to be a stress reliever haha, lots of information and it seems that you are all friendly and good people. I'm trying to use the search feature but haven't found anything thus far. I'm a little bit in a panic and want this answered asap (I'm a huge worry wart)

My wife sent me some documents with my cousin from Nicaragua so we can assemble and send out the I-130 packet. I helped her fill out the G325A form and we put her place of birth as Jinotepe, Nicaragua because... well that's what her birth certificate says.... but when I opened the envelope she sent me, I noticed that it says Managua, Nicaragua! I thought I was horrible husband for a second by thinking she was born somewhere else, but her birth certificate really does say Jinotepe. Now I don't know what to do. Can I cross it out and write Jinotepe? Or do I just send it in as is and hope I don't get it sent back? I don't know why she changed it to Managua, the 325a copy that I have on my computer says the correct birth place.

Also, since I'm asking questions, my wife's birth certificate and our marriage certificate is in spanish, how exactly should this be typed out and translated into english? And should I go to a notary public to notarize it and also make certified copies of both certificates?

I'll forum search the translation one, so I'll edit this later if I find anything, but I'd totally appreciate the help on the G325! Thanks in advance!

-Joe

First met:...............................07/15/08

Married:.................................01/27/12

USCIS

I-130 Sent:.............................03/02/12

I-130 NOA1:...........................03/07/12

I-130 NOA2:...........................06/20/12

NVC

NVC Case #:...........................07/24/12

DS-3032 emailed:....................07/31/12

AOS Fee Rec'd/Paid for:..........07/31/12

AOS shows as PAID:..............08/02/12

IV Fee Rec'd/Paid for:..............08/08/12

IV shows as PAID:..................08/10/12

AOS/IV Package Sent:............08/24/12

AOS/IV Package Delivered:......08/27/12

Case Completed:.....................08/31/12

Interview!!................................10/24/12

Alright! I got the translation part figured out, found it searching the forum. Can someone let me know how or when I can edit my own posts? :D

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hey Joe,

You can neatly cross out Managua and write Jinotepe next to it. Do it as neatly and clearly as possible and you can also write your initials next to it.

Remember to update your timeline once you send out the I-130 package. Good luck!

Oh, as far as I understand, we only have a few minutes after your first add a post to edit them. So if you come back an hour later, the edit option probably won't be there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey Joe,

You can neatly cross out Managua and write Jinotepe next to it. Do it as neatly and clearly as possible and you can also write your initials next to it.

Remember to update your timeline once you send out the I-130 package. Good luck!

Oh, as far as I understand, we only have a few minutes after your first add a post to edit them. So if you come back an hour later, the edit option probably won't be there.

If the G-325 is for his wife, he cannot edit it for her. She has to cross it out and initial it herself. If he crosses it out and puts HIS initials on HER G-325, it might get returned back. Or maybe he can cross it out and write HER initials??? I wouldn't do that, just saying, though I've heard of others doing that.

Something similar happened to me and I just decided to bite the cost of redoing and having it mailed back to me by courier. I slept better knowing the right thing was done rather than worrying if the wrong thing you do might delay you or be denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

If the G-325 is for his wife, he cannot edit it for her. She has to cross it out and initial it herself. If he crosses it out and puts HIS initials on HER G-325, it might get returned back. Or maybe he can cross it out and write HER initials??? I wouldn't do that, just saying, though I've heard of others doing that.

Something similar happened to me and I just decided to bite the cost of redoing and having it mailed back to me by courier. I slept better knowing the right thing was done rather than worrying if the wrong thing you do might delay you or be denied.

I can't find an old thread but writing her initials sound safe. I remember people saying to NOT use white out, just crossing out the wrong info neatly.

Uufff... yeah white out sounds scary to do on a document! I crossed it out and neatly wrote in the proper city. I'm too afraid to initial it for her, though. I think I'm going to send it in as is now and hope I don't get it returned. If it goes through just fine, fantastic, I saved myself a week or two and $80+! If not, then at least I tried and I'll get a corrected G325A from my wife later. Thanks for the input! I'll update my timeline soon :D

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.